Post-Game Talk: #14 - 11/08/16 | canucks @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Outplayed at home by the coldest team in the NHL. Corsi starting to slip. Team is showing who they really are.

It'll be fun watching them score 500 goals on their way to the playoffs but don't expect them to accomplish anything there.

Yep one loss. Sky is falling. If only scoring more goals decided who wins games instead of corsi.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Zibanejad needs to just go back to basics and play simple. I'm not worried about him.

Zucc needs to stay away from Zibanejad and Kreider

Play Vesey more. Like seriously AV.

Give Klein the next game off. He seems banged up.

Not going to blame Lundqvist. Ice cold going into a third period of a tie game with no warm up.

Keep the Stepan and Hayes lines togther and figure out the rest.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yep one loss. Sky is falling.

It's not one loss. They played 87 games last year that pretty much went like this.

If only scoring more goals decided who wins games instead of corsi.

Scoring goals is not a predictive measure. This has been hammered to death, but nobody ever reads what the advanced stats community writes.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
He's good enough to play on a fourth line but not on our fourth line right now. Our best line three games in a row has been that fourth line. There is no way in hell Zibanejad and his anchor status would benefit that line. He hasn't done anything offensively on an individual basis like Nash or Miller or Hayes or Grabner has. He's weighing down Kreider on that line. He's not doing anything on his line, not doing anything for his linemates, on the power play and he would only hurt our fourth line if the fourth line was broken up on his account. That's why he's not good enough to play on our fourth line.

Sorry brotha, our fourth line hasn't been our best over the pas three games, even with including Bunchevich who's not really a fourth liner, it's our third line that's been HOT. Grabner-Hayes-Miller have been going bananas. I feel like Buchnevich will end up on that line sooner rather than later and we will have Grabner/Pirri traded for a 1st/2nd rounder at the TDL. We need Jooris back, someone who can grind it out as the 4C.

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Zibanejad needs to just go back to basics and play simple. I'm not worried about him.

Zucc needs to stay away from Zibanejad and Kreider

Play Vesey more. Like seriously AV.

Give Klein the next game off. He seems banged up.

Not going to blame Lundqvist. Ice cold going into a third period of a tie game with no warm up.

Keep the Stepan and Hayes lines togther and figure out the rest.

Which is odd because I feel like at random they do let the goalies take a couple shots. Not much but they let them stretch out and get some shots.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Take the day off tomorrow. Work hard at practice on Thursday. Fly out on Friday. Morning skate on Saturday and then crush the Flames Saturday night.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
It's not one loss. They played 87 games last year that pretty much went like this.

Scoring goals is not a predictive measure. This has been hammered to death, but nobody ever reads what the advanced stats community writes.

The games they played last year were MUCH MUCH worse than tonight. They aren't even comparable. I get that they played terribly tonight. Against the worst team in the league at home non the less. But, this team just played 7 games in 11 days. You could see it the last couple of games, just no jump or speed to their game at all. That's a clear tell tail sign of a team being tired. Still should play better against the worst team at home, but it's understandable that they are tired. Team definately needs and deserves this 3 day break. Get back at it in Calgary boys!! P.S: for whatever its worth they did manage to out corsi, fenwick, shoot, scoring chance, and high danger chance the Canucks at 5v5 and by a decent sized margin, but it was a bad game all in all.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
They'll get a few days break now, hopefully they'll come back invigorated in the next match :)

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
It was their 7th game in 11 nights, it's to be expected. These guys are humans, not robots. They just played A LOT of hockey and are tired.

Partially yes. But there's some self-correcting going on there. They were playing above their heads a bit and are starting to come back a little. Long season but it isn't just " tired"

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don't even think they looked tired, they looked like the game was already won before it started. Maybe it's fatigue but it seemed lackadaisical.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
I don't even think they looked tired, they looked like the game was already won before it started. Maybe it's fatigue but it seemed lackadaisical.

I somewhat agree with you, but even in the 2nd and 3rd periods when it was tied, they just had no jump or speed to their game. The Canucks are the slowest team in the league by far, and they were for the most part keeping up with the Rangers. That's why I believe they are extremely tired. A well rested Rangers team skates circles around Vancouver. Just not much to that game tonight at all.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I somewhat agree with you, but even in the 2nd and 3rd periods when it was tied, they just had no jump or speed to their game. The Canucks are the slowest team in the league by far, and they were for the most part keeping up with the Rangers. That's why I believe they are extremely tired. A well rested Rangers team skates circles around Vancouver. Just not much to that game tonight at all.

No urgency at all. And nothing was crisp everything seemed a little off to me. Lot of misfiring.
Good points.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Embarrassing game. The passing was terrible from the start. Everything was either into someone's skates or too far out in front. They had about one good shift and that was the one in the first period where they drew the penalty.

But it's one game. Move on and go to the next one. They hadn't looked like this in any other game other than the third period of the Canes game.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Partially yes. But there's some self-correcting going on there. They were playing above their heads a bit and are starting to come back a little. Long season but it isn't just " tired"

Obviously they aren't going to score 5 every game, but they are still a very good team. Team has had a somewhat rough last 3 games, but Saturday was the only one that was reminiscent of last year. Played a very good game against the oilers, then had the "bad" game in Boston on Saturday, played pretty much evenly with Winnipeg on Sunday with a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period, and then tonight, which was veryyyyy bad judging by the eye test, but they still managed to out corsi, fenwick, shoot, scoring chance and high danger chance the Canucks at 5v5. This all on the back end of 7 games in 11 nights. That's a lot of hockey in a short time and the team is getting a well deserved 3 day rest after going 5-2 in that stretch and scoring 5+ goals in 5 straight. All in all, this team has performed pretty well.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Embarrassing game. The passing was terrible from the start. Everything was either into someone's skates or too far out in front. They had about one good shift and that was the one in the first period where they drew the penalty.

But it's one game. Move on and go to the next one. They hadn't looked like this in any other game other than the third period of the Canes game.

Look at this as a positive. This was a bad game for them this year, and they still had the possession and scoring chance lead by a decent sized margin. A bad game last year, they would get dominated in pretty much every possible way, except maybe goaltending. Only game that looked reminiscent to last year, was the game in Boston. This team is improved from last year. Team just look very tired the last couple of games. Just no jump. They'll get it back.

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
14 games into the season, how many "bad" games have they had? Use any metric you want (advanced and traditional alike).

My personal answer is, not many. Tonight, Rangers had a bad game. Won't be our last one. If anything, I've been hoping they hit some adversity. Cruising your way to a Prez Trophy is a recipe for disaster in the playoffs.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Celebrate and take pride in adversity boys, later on in the season, we will come back down two in the third and win the game, book it.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah I mean they had no jump at all. Zero energy and very poor execution.

Put it behind them and it won't matter as long as they come back and play better.

Zibanejad needs to wake up. Kreider needs to wake up.

They clearly were on a strike, because they wanted to play with Buchnevich. As soon as they got what they wanted, they scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad