Status
Not open for further replies.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
6'-1"

175 lbs

also, personally i don't think he's gassed, more than maybe he just has a tendency to crouch over to breathe while on the bench? maybe it's a tendency he has

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Besides what has been said already, meaning that Nico is up to 2nd in points for all rookies (only behind Keller) + 2nd on the Devils (only behind Hall), there's something else that is rather cool too: last season, after 17 games played - like Nico so far - a certain guy named Auston Matthews had 12 points (6g, 6a)...

Reactions: Emperoreddy

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
He quite easily could have 3 or 4 more goals too. He’s gonna be a force when he fills out. Even at 18 where his size is an issue, he’s still not afraid to do the dirty work in front of the net.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Forget what we've seen on the ice thus far so early into his career at 18 years old as being impressive, what I'm most impressed with is the attitude he has had since day 1. He seems to be mature beyond his age and understands what it takes to work, traits you can't necessarily teach. Furthermore, you can't help but appreciate his straightforwardness during interviews. This is a kid with a boatload of confidence that doesn't settle for less and I can't be more pleased to see this so far this early in his career.

Some guys we've had in recent years that had been in the league for quite some time never showed half of the attitude he has shown at 18 years old.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Forget what we've seen on the ice thus far so early into his career at 18 years old as being impressive, what I'm most impressed with is the attitude he has had since day 1. He seems to be mature beyond his age and understands what it takes to work, traits you can't necessarily teach. Furthermore, you can't help but appreciate his straightforwardness during interviews. This is a kid with a boatload of confidence that doesn't settle for less and I can't be more pleased to see this so far this early in his career.

Some guys we've had in recent years that had been in the league for quite some time never showed half of the attitude he has shown at 18 years old.

100%

From day one he's said he wants to win. Everything else is secondary at the end of the day it's about the two points. That kind of attitude must be infectious and then he goes out on the ice and follows through with his word with strong performances. I couldn't be more thrilled with Nico.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
He quite easily could have 3 or 4 more goals too. He’s gonna be a force when he fills out. Even at 18 where his size is an issue, he’s still not afraid to do the dirty work in front of the net.
Oh man, I think he has made the highlight real this year more than anyone else. It just sucks because it's usually a highlight for an amazing save and hes just the one shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad