Pool: 12th Annual Statsy's WJC Pool

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
So far I think the only other player needing replacement is Matthew Poitras. Grand Larseny, you can pick another forward for now and if the Poitras miracle comes, we'll give him back to you.

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
No pressure on me now lol, I like the value I got for some of my guys but I think I'll need big round robin games from my guys as, if it plays out the way I have it projected (roughly), then I'll be losing some guys in the early stage of the medal rounds. I kinda got the wrong spread of guys per team but oh well.

As for my replacement pick, I will have it in before the tournament starts for sure.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
No pressure on me now lol, I like the value I got for some of my guys but I think I'll need big round robin games from my guys as, if it plays out the way I have it projected (roughly), then I'll be losing some guys in the early stage of the medal rounds. I kinda got the wrong spread of guys per team but oh well.

As for my replacement pick, I will have it in before the tournament starts for sure.
Yeah… umm… we’re going to need that pick by tomorrow. :thumbu:

Reactions: Christien

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
Now that we're all set, it's time to get excited and start watching what can be with the preliminary games. Here's a schedule if you haven't already bookmarked it. #IIHF #IIHFExhibitionGames #WJHC2024
IIHF exhibition_games_1080x1080.jpeg

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
…and I just lost Molendyk. I was super impressed with Jorian Donovan as his replacement on the team, so I guess he can replace him in my pool as well.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I always thought St. Hilare was the more likely backup and then everyone started picking Razlaff in their pools and I thought, well if everyone else thinks 1 thing and I think the opposite I'm likely the idiot so didn't bother picking St. Hilare anywhere for fear of having a 3rd stringer. Pretty sure I did that last year and it was Hilare-ous

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I grabbed Ratzlaff in another pool because I was banking on him impressing when he got half of the game against the USA in pre-tourny but then Rousseau decided he wanted to have the last Laff by telling them he wanted more ice.

I took Taylor Gauthier in 2021 as the only 19 year old on Canada and he wasn't even good enough for bench duties, that's just the way she goes sometimes.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Looks like my goalie Ratzlaff is not even on the bench, can you be a saint and swap him out for St-Hilaire? It will be a big hill to climb without a goalie
Well, I guess you can take solace in the good picks you got in the early rounds while you were ignoring your goaltending situation. :laugh:

Don't forget, one of those other Canadian goalies could come down with an injury, so you still have a chance to snag some points. If not, you can exclaim, Ratz!

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Apparently Villiam Kmec has a 2nd first name and it's the one the iihf website is using. Jo to be zef I want to confirm that Jozef Kmec is the same guy.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
STANDINGS (After Day 1)

Rank​
Team Name​
G​
A​
W​
SO​
Points​
1st​
GrandLarseny
5​
5​
2​
0​
12​
T 2nd​
Canada4Gold
4​
6​
0​
0​
10​
T 2nd​
FightingSioux
4​
4​
2​
0​
10​
4th​
Statsy
1​
4​
2​
0​
7​
5th​
Christien
1​
1​
2​
2​
6​
T 6th​
Tomsburninghat
2​
2​
0​
0​
4​
T 6th​
Khabby
1​
3​
0​
0​
4​
T 6th​
WeThreeKings
0​
4​
0​
0​
4​

We're back, baby! The first day of action is complete with GrandLarseny jumping into the early lead with a big 12 point day, featuring scoring from up and down the lineup. Canada4Gold and FightingSioux also crack double digits on Day 1 (Although C4G got some points by suspiciously claiming that Villiam Kmec is the same guy as Josef Kmec, who we all know is actually his long lost twin brother that just woke up out of coma!). Statsy is in 4th spot, just ahead of Christien, who got bailed out of an otherwise tough day by a four point shutout win from Hugo Havelid. There's a three way tie at the bottom as Tom, Khabby, and WTK all have sluggish starts to the tournament. Though there are 4 games on the schedule tomorrow, many of the teams playing are inconsequential as far as this pool goes. Sweden and the US are not in action, so if you drafted heavily from those teams, your time is coming the following day.

Reactions: GrandLarseny

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
Since the second period against Canada, Finland look terrible. Seems like a tournament they should’ve been sneaky good considering the location of the tournament and their history or being poop disturbers in Sweden.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Since the second period against Canada, Finland look terrible. Seems like a tournament they should’ve been sneaky good considering the location of the tournament and their history or being poop disturbers in Sweden.
The posters in the Finnish roster thread have been pretty doom and gloom. Up until now I thought they were being over dramatic, but perhaps they knew what they were talking about. Finland's in a tough spot now and seem destined for a QF date with the US.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Adam Zidlicky got cut so I’ve allowed Fighting Sioux to replace him with someone who has yet to play. He’s picked the Mighty Quinn, USA forward Quinn Finley.
Adam Zidlicky got added to the roster today so FightingSioux has him back in for Finley.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
The posters in the Finnish roster thread have been pretty doom and gloom. Up until now I thought they were being over dramatic, but perhaps they knew what they were talking about. Finland's in a tough spot now and seem destined for a QF date with the US.
I'm in general positive about Finnish hockey and I'm currently quite worried.. Coaching is not great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad