Pool: 12th Annual C4G WJC Pool: Draft In Progress

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The functionality of this website has gotten so bad since I started to run this pool. It gets progressively worse. PMs were better than conversations. The flags used to show up now we've got to use flag emojis which is slow as hell to load and input. The tables are so bad now. Editing used to be easy, now you have to edit from the coding side not the viewing the table side of things as random coding errors are inevitable. When I sent out invites it took around 8 attempts because the website would literally just become 1 big pop up ad that redirects to another website after like 2 to 3 minutes of typing forcing me to go back and then have to start all over. Even simple things like copy paste isn't working properly half the time now as the page is loading for minutes on end and cutting off my scroll and drag over the name halfway. You'd think technology would get better with time not worse.

Anyway, carry on, I had to get that off my chest. It's annoying.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
The functionality of this website has gotten so bad since I started to run this pool. It gets progressively worse. PMs were better than conversations. The flags used to show up now we've got to use flag emojis which is slow as hell to load and input. The tables are so bad now. Editing used to be easy, now you have to edit from the coding side not the viewing the table side of things as random coding errors are inevitable. When I sent out invites it took around 8 attempts because the website would literally just become 1 big pop up ad that redirects to another website after like 2 to 3 minutes of typing forcing me to go back and then have to start all over. Even simple things like copy paste isn't working properly half the time now as the page is loading for minutes on end and cutting off my scroll and drag over the name halfway. You'd think technology would get better with time not worse.

I have noticed that when I lose what I've written because the page refreshes, that I can close the site and come back to it in a couple of minutes and it will have restored what I was writing.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I have noticed that when I lose what I've written because the page refreshes, that I can close the site and come back to it in a couple of minutes and it will have restored what I was writing.

Yeah that happens. But not when trying to start a new conversation unfortunately as the link that gets created once the conversation is started isn't established to save things on until the conversation is sent.

On another note the same emoji can look different in 2 different spots in the same post apparently. May only be when editing but editing my team roster the USA flag for Gauthier looks different than the USA flag for Leonard

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Yeah that happens. But not when trying to start a new conversation unfortunately as the link that gets created once the conversation is started isn't established to save things on until the conversation is sent.

On another note the same emoji can look different in 2 different spots in the same post apparently. May only be when editing but editing my team roster the USA flag for Gauthier looks different than the USA flag for Leonard
Weird.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

Brutal website as always lol. Appreciate you dealing with it, I always look forward to this draft.

Always thought this draft could be easier/more fun in a live scenario format (live chat/zoom/discord/etc) in the old FF style before people live drafted on computers/phones, but I always wondered about how much support it'd have, and how it seems people like watching it evolve throughout the month.

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
I believe I'm up next.

Proud to select - from Team Czechia - Eduard Sale.

Will PM next

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
Sorry for the delay everyone.

Proud to select - from Team Canada - forward Matthew Wood.

Will PM next.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Dang, when I made my last pick I also made a list of 10 players for my next pick, 8 of them has now been selected since

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
there goes another fly.

5 forwards, 0 D, 0 goalies. This wasn't the plan when I started but I got 5 of the top 15 names on my list with my first 5 picks so I can't complain.

I don't expect him to start but he could challenge for it so I've gotta take my goalie here. Jacob Fowler

Standby for my 2nd pick. You guys took all the good defenseman already

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So many mediocre options that could go horribly wrong. But surely someone who's on the ice a bunch with the ridiculous American group of forwards will get a few points by default.

Sam Rinzel

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I'll take Tomas Cibulka from Czechia.

This definitely feels like a forward heavy year. Both pools I'm in I've picked almost all of my forwards first with the Dmen being an afterthought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad