TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
I've found the post game callers to be more comedy than insight. I don't listen to the whole show often but I haven't heard any post game hot take I've agreed with. They may also be getting fewer calls, especially after late games.

If you're talking about the Wiebe segment, it was the perfect storm of Wiebe being offended by every question and Hustler being overcome with a case of talking over the guest a la Kevin O.
Yep. Terrible radio.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
For the late games 1290 now have an hour of callers prior to the game. It's a new fan forum segment this year for all late games since most people aren't up till 1:00am.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Why is Troy the only one who has trouble showing up for the show on time? A good amount of time the show starts at 6:00am and Toth needs to inform the listeners that Troy is "running a little late".
And Troy was late again this morning. Does this guy not own an alarm clock?

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I've found the post game callers to be more comedy than insight. I don't listen to the whole show often but I haven't heard any post game hot take I've agreed with. They may also be getting fewer calls, especially after late games.

If you're talking about the Wiebe segment, it was the perfect storm of Wiebe being offended by every question and Hustler being overcome with a case of talking over the guest a la Kevin O.
Wiebe being offended! Now that’s funny as heck!

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Why was he offended?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Why was he offended?

I don't know. Hustler would ask him something like "How do you feel about the play of Scheifele and the top line so far?", and Wiebe would respond with something like "I don't know, Hus. It goes back all the way to January, I know that's where you're going with this." Sounded annoyed he had to answer any question at all.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I don't know. Hustler would ask him something like "How do you feel about the play of Scheifele and the top line so far?", and Wiebe would respond with something like "I don't know, Hus. It goes back all the way to January, I know that's where you're going with this." Sounded annoyed he had to answer any question at all.
probably tired of regurgitating the same shit

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
I missed most of what was said this morning but has anyone mentioned that maybe Buff wasn't happy with the level of care he got from Jets and this might be a Kawhi Leonard situation? Going outside of the organization for treatment isn't a great sign and this isn't really an example of Buff being Buff. Seems to me that this might be just one more example of ruffled feathers from last year.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I missed most of what was said this morning but has anyone mentioned that maybe Buff wasn't happy with the level of care he got from Jets and this might be a Kawhi Leonard situation? Going outside of the organization for treatment isn't a great sign and this isn't really an example of Buff being Buff. Seems to me that this might be just one more example of ruffled feathers from last year.
It’s still weird. If he would have came to camp and said that his ankle hurts and can’t play he could have went on LTIR, more importantly get paid and still had the surgery.

I just think it means he’s done. Too old and fat to come back and be what he was after that kind of surgery.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
It’s still weird. If he would have came to camp and said that his ankle hurts and can’t play he could have went on LTIR, more importantly get paid and still had the surgery.

I just think it means he’s done. Too old and fat to come back and be what he was after that kind of surgery.
Communication and full disclosure have never been a strong suit of either party involved.

Reactions: broinwhyteridge

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Every once in awhile I make the mistake of turning 1290 on in the morning and it is truly un-listenable crap. A horrible version of sports radio.

Every once in a while I make the mistake of tuning in to 1290, at any time of the day or night - and it is truly unlistenable crap.

I honestly don't expect that station to be around much longer. I won't miss it when it is gone.

Reactions: sipowicz

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
With each other?
Referring that Buff doesn't speak to the media much and almost nothing leaks out of TNSE and when Chevy does talk to the media he doesn't them or us much to work with. I give him credit, that guy can say a bunch of words without saying anything. So we are left to speculate.

Reactions: TS Quint

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Referring that Buff doesn't speak to the media much and almost nothing leaks out of TNSE and when Chevy does talk to the media he doesn't them or us much to work with. I give him credit, that guy can say a bunch of words without saying anything. So we are left to speculate.

But that doesn't even suggest a problem communicating internally. There may have been a communication breakdown - or not. There is nothing to suggest that.

More like a disagreement over the best way to treat an injury. I don't like the sound of this now with the NHLPA possibly getting involved. Starting to sound ominous - or maybe sinister.

Reactions: wgpsensfan

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
More like a disagreement over the best way to treat an injury. I don't like the sound of this now with the NHLPA possibly getting involved. Starting to sound ominous - or maybe sinister.
mhgif5.gif

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Wiebe seemed pretty riled up on the latest Athletic Podcast with Murat. It was in regards to Winnipeg fans complaining that local media never get inside scoops, it’s always the big guys... Lebrun, McKenzie, Friedman, etc.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Maybe the jets dont like the way Buff took care of himself.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Wiebe seemed pretty riled up on the latest Athletic Podcast with Murat. It was in regards to Winnipeg fans complaining that local media never get inside scoops, it’s always the big guys... Lebrun, McKenzie, Friedman, etc.
Well its true. Lawless was the last true local insider. And that was because he was good a building relationships. He was well connected with NHL agents.

The current local media are all duds with no relationships in the business. They just regurgitate whatever Scott Brown tells them, or what they can glean from a Chevy presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad