TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
woohoo!

Just to re-establish the important talking points...

- Jim Toth is a dope

- Eating contests don't deserve air time

- the pillow shilling is an affront to decency!

- Westwood needs to lay off the SJWing...

- Kevin O's 15 minute soliloquys stink.

- and Jim Toth is a dope.

I think that covers it.

barrywpg

Nov 17, 2011
You beat me to it.
Agree with everything. Esp the first and last point.
Will add Rick Ralph is too snarky.

Reactions: TS Quint

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
woohoo!

- Jim Toth is a dope

I think that covers it.

- We need Brandon Rewucki to speak up more

- Rona Roundtable is boring AF now and sucks without Rick Ralph

- Golf is a dying sport but they continue to peddle it way more than it deserves. I cringe every time I hear the words “Geoff Fienberg” or “Mark Zecchino from Golf Talk Canada”.

- The paid “interview” with Darren Dunn at Assiniboia Downs on Wednesday’s at 4:15pm

- There are more teams in the NFL than just the AFC West, Hus.

- Find some other content to air rather than replaying two hours between 10am-2pm.

- The TSN1290 radio signal sucks. They keep saying on air it’s going to get better and their working on it but never does get better.

- We all need to see Dr Jay Buenfae apparently

Last edited:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I’m enjoying Ryan Brandt on Rona Round Table. Kevin O can stay on vacation as long as he wants.

Is that the guy that usually fills in for him? Think maybe he's the producer or whatever normally...and I agree he's good. He just talks like a normal person - presents information and asks questions of guests and lets them talk. no weird snark or "mr smarty-pants" routine. Refreshing...

barrywpg

Nov 17, 2011
Bob Irving tweeted today that CJOB is looking for a full time sports show host.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
woohoo!

- Jim Toth is a dope

I think that covers it.
Not the biggest fan of Toth and agreed he is a bit of a dope at times but at least he comes across like he is having a conversation. Westwood for the most part comes off as a preacher standing at the pulpit Sunday morning. Really can't stand that type of sports radio. I know it all and will preach the truth to the uneducated.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Interesting reaction from Trevor Kidd in regards to Trouba negotiations this AM....

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Interesting reaction from Trevor Kidd in regards to Trouba negotiations this AM....

The only thing I found interesting is that Kidd didn't seem to have a clue about UFA/RFA considering the names he decided to use. (Carlson, Burns, etc).

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The only thing I found interesting is that Kidd didn't seem to have a clue about UFA/RFA considering the names he decided to use. (Carlson, Burns, etc).
I have seldom found Kidd to be very knowledgeable or insightful.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Not the biggest fan of Toth and agreed he is a bit of a dope at times but at least he comes across like he is having a conversation. Westwood for the most part comes off as a preacher standing at the pulpit Sunday morning. Really can't stand that type of sports radio. I know it all and will preach the truth to the uneducated.

Perfect example of Toth dopey is right now in the first segment of the show. He starts talking about how he was on a show in Vancouver yesterday talking about the status of the Trouba deal and he gets on this notion that there’s something “fascinating” about the fact that several players over the years have wanted to get out of Columbus. Westwood and rewicki are like “duh” and liken it to Winnipeg. Toth doesn’t see how it’s like Winnipeg. He goes on for ten minutes about it without ever actually making it “fascinating” in any way. Acts like there’s something strange about the other 2 not being amazed about it. It’s just a weird take that lacks any particular insight but he tries to sound like he’s really on to something...

Westwood is too emphatic at times (it’s often because he gets annoyed at Toth though, lol) but at least there’s usually a kernel of validity to what he’s saying. There’s usually a point that you can at least wrap your head around. Toth goes on and on about whatever stupid thing pops into his head and it’s pretty much always a total non-thing. And, he very-annoyingly argues his position by simply re-telling the original story that started the conversation 3 or 4 times...completely ignoring the several minutes of conversation that have happened since. He doesn’t have a conversation. He states a position. The other 2 pretty much lay waste to that position. He re-states the same position. The others destroy it again. They do that one more time, then he re-states his original position again, says they’ll take calls on it later and goes to commercial. Westwood’s head explodes. :laugh:

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Perfect example of Toth dopey is right now in the first segment of the show. He starts talking about how he was on a show in Vancouver yesterday talking about the status of the Trouba deal and he gets on this notion that there’s something “fascinating” about the fact that several players over the years have wanted to get out of Columbus. Westwood and rewicki are like “duh” and liken it to Winnipeg. Toth doesn’t see how it’s like Winnipeg. He goes on for ten minutes about it without ever actually making it “fascinating” in any way. Acts like there’s something strange about the other 2 not being amazed about it. It’s just a weird take that lacks any particular insight but he tries to sound like he’s really on to something...

Westwood is too emphatic at times (it’s often because he gets annoyed at Toth though, lol) but at least there’s usually a kernel of validity to what he’s saying. There’s usually a point that you can at least wrap your head around. Toth goes on and on about whatever stupid thing pops into his head and it’s pretty much always a total non-thing. And, he very-annoyingly argues his position by simply re-telling the original story that started the conversation 3 or 4 times...completely ignoring the several minutes of conversation that have happened since.
To be honest I don't really care for the show. I don't like any of the 3, though I find Rewicki the least annoying. I don't disagree with your perspective on Toth, but his "dopiness" for me is easier to listen to than Westwood's dismissive and over the top preacher stances. I prefer a more conversational style, where 2 guys build off each other and are regularly funny when they bring in the real world into the sports discussion. Problem is the really talented guys are the national guys in the US and they never talk about the Jets. Lately (last few months) I've found a bit of a happy medium and have been listening more and more to the NHL network. They do repeat a lot though, especially in the summer.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
To be honest I don't really care for the show. I don't like any of the 3, though I find Rewicki the least annoying. I don't disagree with your perspective on Toth, but his "dopiness" for me is easier to listen to than Westwood's dismissive and over the top preacher stances. I prefer a more conversational style, where 2 guys build off each other and are regularly funny when they bring in the real world into the sports discussion. Problem is the really talented guys are the national guys in the US and they never talk about the Jets. Lately (last few months) I've found a bit of a happy medium and have been listening more and more to the NHL network. They do repeat a lot though, especially in the summer.
all I listen to nhl network and yes they repeat alot in the summer. but still way better. boomer coming out with his gm report cards soon. kept giving chevy good grades till last year when he said he was through with waiting on the jets. and after that later in summer 1 hour previews on each team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad