TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Well its true. Lawless was the last true local insider. And that was because he was good a building relationships. He was well connected with NHL agents.

The current local media are all duds with no relationships in the business. They just regurgitate whatever Scott Brown tells them, or what they can glean from a Chevy presser.
Absolutely. And his excuse was “well Bob McKenzie has been in the business for over 30 years. Schefter is a huge reporter in NFL. Woj in NBA.” But I mean... c’mon man. I’m a diehard Dolphins fan. Local beat reporters often give inside info. Weekly! They obviously don’t break all stories, but they do provide a lot of good info. With the Winnipeg Jets, there’s literally zero inside info. Jeff Hamilton rarely will provide the odd tidbit, but that’s about it. I can’t remember much of anything reported locally since Lawless left. And that’s the kind of stuff that keeps fans engaged. Especially when an organization like TNSE is so vanilla boring. We need “something” to keep us interested when games aren’t being played.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I know a few of you are fans of the IC show on 1290 but man, I am not. It's incredibly irritating the way these guys have to correct every single little point being made by each other - even if the comment was obviously made as a joke or an ironic point rather than a statement of fact. It's a constant game of one-up-man-ship. Every little point leads to a minute or two of talking over each other trying to correct some meaningless inaccuracy.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I know a few of you are fans of the IC show on 1290 but man, I am not. It's incredibly irritating the way these guys have to correct every single little point being made by each other - even if the comment was obviously made as a joke or an ironic point rather than a statement of fact. It's a constant game of one-up-man-ship. Every little point leads to a minute or two of talking over each other trying to correct some meaningless inaccuracy.
They're hockey nerds. It's just the way it work with them. They seem like good guys. Imagine them mixed with Troy Westwood and Jim Toth who never have their facts right.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I liked Ferraro dressing down Rick Ralph on Friday. Ralph was asking him if Kane will ever get it or something like that.

Ferraro went off. To paraphrase "He's a 30 goal scorer and a top 6 player on any team, what more do you want"?

"How long until you guys get over him? How long has it been? (Hustler- 5 years) right! He was 23 when he was there and probably needed to grow up like all of us did. I don't know what you want from me here. What do you think"?

RR-"durrr I don't think anything, I just observe. I don't really care".

Such a liar. Then why ask and phrase the question that way? RR is still Bunning because Kane blocked him on Twitter to the point he still won't say his name, "number 9".

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
They can be insufferable at times. That five minute conversation on Halloween candy was ridiculous. Save that stuff for a podcast. This is supposed to be a radio station. Let's not forget back in the spring after the Jets were eliminated and the dressing room issues came out one of them said something to the effect of 'we're around the team and we know the issues but we aren't going to name names.

Reactions: Jets 31

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Absolutely. And his excuse was “well Bob McKenzie has been in the business for over 30 years. Schefter is a huge reporter in NFL. Woj in NBA.” But I mean... c’mon man. I’m a diehard Dolphins fan. Local beat reporters often give inside info. Weekly! They obviously don’t break all stories, but they do provide a lot of good info. With the Winnipeg Jets, there’s literally zero inside info. Jeff Hamilton rarely will provide the odd tidbit, but that’s about it. I can’t remember much of anything reported locally since Lawless left. And that’s the kind of stuff that keeps fans engaged. Especially when an organization like TNSE is so vanilla boring. We need “something” to keep us interested when games aren’t being played.

Imagine Omar Kelly or Armando in this market. True North would banish them to Alaska lol

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think it's the agents that leak the most, and they are usually based in the big markets and develop relationships with the national media guys as channels to leak information strategically to support their clients.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Imagine Omar Kelly or Armando in this market. True North would banish them to Alaska lol
Gary Lawless is kinda like Armando in that they both provide provocative topics and have some inside info. But, Lawless was way way way way more likeable. Way.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I think it's the agents that leak the most, and they are usually based in the big markets and develop relationships with the national media guys as channels to leak information strategically to support their clients.
For sure it’s the agents. And it’s clear the agents don’t have any respect for any of the local media because they get zero info. Maybe if McIntyre was in the sports side his whole career like Lawless that would be different. I have a lot of respect for McIntyre but he’s only been on sports side for what ... 1-2 years.

Reactions: TS Quint

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
For sure it’s the agents. And it’s clear the agents don’t have any respect for any of the local media because they get zero info. Maybe if McIntyre was in the sports side his whole career like Lawless that would be different. I have a lot of respect for McIntyre but he’s only been on sports side for what ... 1-2 years.
You mean Weibe licking True North's boots between periods, telling us how smart Jets management is between periods isn't endearing to agents?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
His sports radio career should be dead, so there is that. One of the worst I've heard in the business.

He struggles to speak clearly and on top of that he forces his personal social political agenda on the listeners every time he has an opening on a sports show?? It’s the main reason I tapped out on the morning show. I listen to dumb jocks to escape, not to get lectured at.

(apologies to Brandon......I liked his sports take)

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
He struggles to speak clearly and on top of that he forces his personal social political agenda on the listeners every time he has an opening on a sports show?? It’s the main reason I tapped out on the morning show. I listen to dumb jocks to escape, not to get lectured at.

He blocked me on Twitter because I told him I followed him for his sports commentary and not his SJW judgemental crap.

Reactions: broinwhyteridge

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
WoW...Toth can incredibly dense at times. Th comment where Toth has quoting PoMo saying he can make you cry in the dressing room is wrong and he and the rest of the crew were made aware earlier this year sometime at the start of summer. To paraphrase PoMO, "If you could say how upset the payers are about the game playing so terribly, it would make you cry." Quite a different slant and tone to what Toth is saying or suggesting that PoMo is a tough minded coach, which in fact appears not to be so especially regarding the vets. He is so very protective of PoMo/Wheeler and accusatory in derogative manner about Laine and his personal attitude toward the game. He says that Wheeler deserves a longer leash because of what he has done in the past, yet not be punished for his terrible analytics 5v5 and this start of the this season, or the first round exit in the playoffs last season....he doesn't allow Laine the same courtesy. A player wearing the "C" should be a role model of how to play/execute the game, not do as I say not as I am. But Toth and PoMo have much in common, both are terrible at there jobs, especially Toth who at times, who sounds so incredibly negligent, deliberately at times.

He has done this with Laine also especially the one time is takes a shot and then goes down on one knee and then stays in that positions for a few seconds....never mind being told that was because of the back injury he was suffering from at the time.

Reactions: Steve1964

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016

My favorite part is when Westwood starts to talk and tries to hold in his cough. It makes me laugh out loud.

Reactions: Jets 31

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
I liked Ferraro dressing down Rick Ralph on Friday. Ralph was asking him if Kane will ever get it or something like that.

Ferraro went off. To paraphrase "He's a 30 goal scorer and a top 6 player on any team, what more do you want"?

"How long until you guys get over him? How long has it been? (Hustler- 5 years) right! He was 23 when he was there and probably needed to grow up like all of us did. I don't know what you want from me here. What do you think"?

RR-"durrr I don't think anything, I just observe. I don't really care".

Such a liar. Then why ask and phrase the question that way? RR is still Bunning because Kane blocked him on Twitter to the point he still won't say his name, "number 9".
This didn't age well. Kane will always be a d bag.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
yeah Ferraro sounds like an idiot there. Kane has had all sorts of issues since he left Winnipeg. Thinking he's a D-bag has little or nothing to do with left-over resentment from Jet's fans about his time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad