TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
That's not what the post said
All it said the team wasn't improving which is false

Who cares that we're improving if it's not in relation to the rest of the league?? Afaic the definition of "improving" when you are talking about a pro sports team is that it is moving up the league standings...

Last edited:

seasontixholder*

Oh my. After listening to Lawless today I must say I have been deaf for years. You were all right. Lawless is a TNSE sheep.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Oh my. After listening to Lawless today I must say I have been deaf for years. You were all right. Lawless is a TNSE sheep.

What specifically? He did say they're not a playoff team. And that the only change has been Hutch and Perreault.

seasontixholder*

What specifically? He did say they're not a playoff team. And that the only change has been Hutch and Perreault.

You haven't noticed that he kisses their ***** every chance he gets? Listen to his interviews with True North staff. But I understand, never bite the hand that feeds you.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
You haven't noticed that he kisses their ***** every chance he gets? Listen to his interviews with True North staff. But I understand, never bite the hand that feeds you.

Saying the Jets aren't a playoff team this year sure doesn't sound like kissing a**. I only listened to first hour, so maybe I missed something. Not disagreeing about Lawless in a general sense. However, I didn't hear any pumping of TNSE's tires today.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Winnipeg Jets ‏@NHLJets · 2m
.@TSN1290Radio announces Paul Edmonds (@UtilityVoice) will be the new radio play-by-play voice of the #NHLJets.

Interesting. Says Munz will be the colour commentator

misterb

Mar 17, 2012
Winnipeg
This is a huge upgrade IMO. Paul called a couple games last year when Munz was sick and it was night and day better.

Great news for Jets fans.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Have we heard anything on this guy before? I hope he can keep the PBP moving more smoothly than Brian 'I must prattle about nothing' Munz.

Edmonds did the Goldeyes PBP for almost 20 years, pretty well since their inception. He's got a great style, IMO far better than Munz. It will be interesting to see how he translates to a faster game like hockey.

Weird that they have Munz doing colour, typically that spot is reserved for ex-players.

This is a huge upgrade IMO. Paul called a couple games last year when Munz was sick and it was night and day better.

Great news for Jets fans.

Ah, so he has called some Jets games already. Cool.

YWG

Jun 1, 2011
He called John Albert's first NHL goal at MSG. He is fantastic! Way better than Munz.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Just an FYI Paul had been calling the Selkirk Steelers games since 2011/12.

From the article;

Edmonds brings an extensive hockey background to the Steelers after serving as Radio and Media Director for the Regina Pats (1993-1995), Colorado Gold Kings (1998-1999), Phoenix Mustangs (2000-2001) and colour analyst on Manitoba Moose broadcasts from 2000-2001. Edmonds also worked for three seasons (2006-2009) as the Television Broadcaster for the Manitoba Moose on MTS-TV.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
wow yeah I just read the announcement. Changes are afoot it seems! Wonder if there's a new guy joining the BS or if they are going with Westwood/Leibl & one of the fill-ins

Moe Mantha

Aug 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA
Fantastic! I've been ranting for Edmonds to take over for a long time!!!

He truly has a great voice for hockey, and almost makes the game sound faster than it is.

Can't wait for this season to begin!

misterb

Mar 17, 2012
Winnipeg
wow yeah I just read the announcement. Changes are afoot it seems! Wonder if there's a new guy joining the BS or if they are going with Westwood/Leibl & one of the fill-ins

Jay Rochardson tweeted something about getting "great news" yesterday...maybe he's coming back?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Jay Rochardson tweeted something about getting "great news" yesterday...maybe he's coming back?

If he is brought back to the Big Show, I'll actually start listening again. It's lightweight fluff-stuff anyway, so if I can't get my dose of in-depth analysis, I'd at least like to be entertained. Jay was entertaining, and the three of them (Jay, Matt, and Troy) worked well together, IMHO.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Hard to imagine they'd bring JR back but maybe they realize a mistake was made or something. Would be pretty surprising though...

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I'm going to toot my own horn - back in May I posted the following:

Yukon Joe said:
I have it on excellent authority that Edmonds will be doing colour for Jets radio broadcasts come the fall.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1581197&page=36

Obviously I was only half right (although that was probably me mis-hearing my source, as that person more recently said "play-by-play"), but I'll still take it.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
This is fantastic news! I quite enjoy Paul's PBP style and thought he did an excellent job with every game I've heard him call (Goldeyes / Jets).

Don't care for Munz, glad he won't be doing PBP anymore. Sometimes he would go off on a tangent and I would find myself wonder what was actually happening in the hockey game...

Warhead77

Jets4Life
Jun 28, 2011
The River City
When Edmonds did those few Jet games last season during the time Munz was sick - I was hoping he would do it full time and take over.

Glad that has happened!

Edmonds is great and makes the play-by-play very entertaining not to mention you know what's going on in the game moreso than Munz who IMO wasn't very good.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I was listening to the interview and the plan is:

Edmonds PBP :handclap:

Munz 40-42 games radio color (Munz will be doing more in depth Jeta team coverage with 3 daily spots)
Hnidy 40-42 games radio color (Hnidy will be doing TV plus daily updates on the round table)

Basically they will be enhancing their insider type team news updates.

Edmonds was excellent on PBP last season when Munz was sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad