TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

seasontixholder*

Did I hear on 1290 this morning that Joe Mack was fired? Wasn't he fired a year ago? Or did I miss what they said?

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
I'm not a fan of Matt Leibl anymore though, I have to say. He went from likable background/stats guy to arrogant know-it-all in the space of about 5 months.

seasontixholder*

Ah, I only caught a part of it. Now I see. Thanks gents!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
The Big Show is so weird now. I still listen every day, but man there's a lot of uncomfortable stuff. Something mildly humorous will happen and they'll start in with a long round of over-the-top belly laughing that sounds terribly insincere much of the time - really forced "zaniness." I usually hear the first minutes of the show just before I get up every morning and every time Edmonds starts up with his "Hey its The Big Show...we do it everyday" in his droll voice lacking much in the way of energy my spirit just sags a little. lol...

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The Big Show is so weird now. I still listen every day, but man there's a lot of uncomfortable stuff. Something mildly humorous will happen and they'll start in with a long round of over-the-top belly laughing that sounds terribly insincere much of the time - really forced "zaniness." I usually hear the first minutes of the show just before I get up every morning and every time Edmonds starts up with his "Hey its The Big Show...we do it everyday" in his droll voice lacking much in the way of energy my spirit just sags a little. lol...

Yeah, it's not good. Edmonds isn't great and the chemistry is terrible. It's bad enough listening to it - I can't imagine what it's like to be a part of it in the studio every morning for hour after hour...

BTW: I had it on for 10 minutes on the way to work this morning. Did anyone catch the terrible Macho Man impression by some caller? It was more Patchy the Pirate than Randy Savage. Then Ty from Labroquerie came on so I drove my car off the Midtown Bridge to avoid having to listen to his ****.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Ty is super annoying. Other than "oh yeah", couldn't understand a single thing Macho Man said.

Gregory needs to start calling more. He doesn't phone as much now.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah, I wanted to tweet something like "Hey 1290 callers - how bout just saying your bit and getting the hell out?? Do we need a bad comedy routine or a Jim Rome clone take?? No we don't. #youaintfunny"

the callers who think they are entertainers suck. I lost count of the number of times Ty said "you know what" today in his "take" - which I actually sorta agreed with btw but it still sucked.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011

Yeah, it's not good. Edmonds isn't great and the chemistry is terrible. It's bad enough listening to it - I can't imagine what it's like to be a part of it in the studio every morning for hour after hour...

BTW: I had it on for 10 minutes on the way to work this morning. Did anyone catch the terrible Macho Man impression by some caller? It was more Patchy the Pirate than Randy Savage. Then Ty from Labroquerie came on so I drove my car off the Midtown Bridge to avoid having to listen to his ****.

I have to admire you guys for sticking to (and repeating) the same complaints you've had since day one :laugh:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I have to admire you guys for sticking to (and repeating) the same complaints you've had since day one :laugh:

Thanks! I'd hoped it might get better, but it's not...

Also: is the voice actress who's doing the vasectomy ads the same one who's "tried everything" to get her husband into bed in those other ads? I guess the boner pills really worked!

seasontixholder*

I guess you don't know what you have until it's gone. Sigh. I never thought I'd say this but I miss Jay. IMO David Keam is still a jerk and I turn down the radio every time his ads come on no matter what station it's on.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

well, they still apply. :dunno:

Yeah, it is what it is. Like I say, I still listen every day because I like the local sports talk and every once in a while it's still pretty entertaining. But almost every day there will be at least a couple of moments on the show where I'm reminded of how much it's dropped and its a bummer...

cctyler

Apr 7, 2012
I will say I much prefer Brian Munz as the RR fill in compared to his PBP abilities, not that I prefer him over RR. I think Rick dos a great job and has great chemistry with his interviewees.

Can't stand Edmonds deep cackle, something disturbing about it.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Speaking of the adverts on 1290, there's one for an organization about making workplaces accessible to the handicapped. Worthy cause no doubt...but the jingle is utterly terrible. Makes me cringe everytime I hear it...

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
The boys on the Big Show are kinda showing their true hockey knowledge this morning. Westwood is picking the Avalanche to win the Stanley Cup and Edmonds is picking the Ducks and one of his reasons is because they picked up Heatley.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
The boys on the Big Show are kinda showing their true hockey knowledge this morning. Westwood is picking the Avalanche to win the Stanley Cup and Edmonds is picking the Ducks and one of his reasons is because they picked up Heatley.

Picking the Ducks isn't a bad idea. Even though Heatley has kind of sucked with the Wild, his playoff numbers were decent last year.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Picking the Ducks isn't a bad idea. Even though Heatley has kind of sucked with the Wild, his playoff numbers were decent last year.

Yeah picking the Ducks isn't a bad idea in itself but I was more alluding to how Edmonds emphasised Heatley so much.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
And then there's Joel Marcoux who sounds exactly like Yogi Bear. Drives me nuts.

'The Wiiiiiiinipeg Jeeeets, signed a biiiiiggggg player TOOOODAY. Listen for it. It's funny the first few times...then it's just super annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad