TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdoe42

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I'm not a fan of Matt Leibl anymore though, I have to say. He went from likable background/stats guy to arrogant know-it-all in the space of about 5 months.

Same Here!... I do like when he is On H&L because they treat him with very little respect and when he is on the defensive he is pretty funny

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He left the FP Sports department, then came back a few(?) months later for the FP News department.

A much better gig for Wasny and suits his style. No one is going to be annoyed if you are continuously negative about shootings, senseless violence etc. Much better then non-stop ******* on the local sports teams.

AndersUlfBobby

Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
A much better gig for Wasny and suits his style. No one is going to be annoyed if you are continuously negative about shootings, senseless violence etc. Much better then non-stop ******* on the local sports teams.

But who is going to piss me off on the post-game show now?

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011

Well when you look like this, it's hard for anyone in the sporting world to take you seriously.

lol...comments on Gary withheld

videoStill1456652581001.jpg

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
OMG...Ty from Labroquerrie...there is no 5 "you know whats" per sentence minimum for radio call-ins ok.

Man that guy is annoying! :rant:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
LOL, caller Bob on The BS - "I've heard about something called "aerobic capacity." What is that and is it something the Jets would use in their training?" :D Bob is an interesting dude. A headbanger apparently as well - which is surprising because if anyone should be a Deadhead its Bob. lol...

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
I've always thought this opinion, so I agreed hugely with the radio caller who said Banjo Bowl should be switched to Saturday. His reasons were:

-More money spent in city from Riders' fans staying another night, spending more money due to extra day and giving them a drive home where they don't have to worry about how many drinks home on Sunday night or taking a vacation day on Monday.
-You avoid the NFL games starting on Sunday
-Also allow Winnipeggers to more freely spend money on entertainment without worrying about work the next day

They mentioned it has to come from the team first, than allowed by the league. One of the hosts though said it was brought up to Cohon on another interview and said he was defensive about it without a real reason.

Just kinda wonder what the Bombers truly feel too?

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
From the start I could never figure out why the banjo bowl was on Sunday instead of Saturday.

Agreed, I just never knew if it was a popular opinion or not since I never hear complaints about it a lot. I actually wonder how most travelling Riders' fans feel about the position of the game?

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Rick Ralph said something :shakehead: worthy on the radio. He was talking about Lebron James wearing #23 this year and then related it to the NHL in regards to #99 being retired league wide and then wondered if any player would wear #66 or #88 (assuming because of Lindros?)

Hello Ralphy, ever hear of a player named Patrick Kane?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Rick Ralph said something :shakehead: worthy on the radio. He was talking about Lebron James wearing #23 this year and then related it to the NHL in regards to #99 being retired league wide and then wondered if any player would wear #66 or #88 (assuming because of Lindros?)

Doesn't Ho Sang wear #66? He has enough ego to ask Snow to continue to wear it.

seasontixholder*

Perfect! I guess Kane isn't a good enough hockey player to be mentioned.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
All the Chevy/TNSE apologists falling all over themselves on 1290 is getting old. Seems it is acceptable for years to pass with no improvements and no moves to attempt to achieve improvements.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
From the start I could never figure out why the banjo bowl was on Sunday instead of Saturday.

Agreed. They scheduled it on a Saturday night one year, I think it was 2005.

Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time the Bombers played a home game on a Saturday night...

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Man, Lawless sure has his head stuck up Chevy's arse that's for sure. Hustler knows what's what though...

Every time Chevy makes some move, Lawless gets on the airwaves and adopts his sartorial, professorial tone of voice and "breaks it all down" for us to show us how Chevy knows what he's doing and totally did the smart thing and everythings cool. I'm pretty sure for the first couple seasons the Jets were here Lawless was a big advocate of the "5 year plan." Now however the "5 year plan" was always just a big myth.

misterb

Mar 17, 2012
Winnipeg
I enjoy Edmonds quite a bit.

Rick Ralph is king eventhough his Toronto bias makes me sick.

Illegal Curve needs to make Richard Pollock the host something terrible. Count how many times that Drew guy says "you know" he just mumbles along. You know you know you know you know. He doesn't have the presence of a host and he makes the show sound so amateur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad