GDT: 12/7 7:30 PT | Pretty Sure There's a Game Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Top line may be ****, latest last minute flurry or not, but at least they are tying up the other team's top defensive unit. That gives the other lines welcome respite, which they are thankfully utilizing.

Fun fact remains that we are 1 point off the top of Pac with a game in hand (I choose to ignore SJ). This in spite of the holdouts, Perry & Sami stuck in slo-mo brain cramp, and Bieksa in general. It could be worse, and can only get better. Color me optimist.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
haha we so didn't deserve two points but i'll take it.

kase just keeps impressing me. slick backhander in the shootout.

d looked pretty bad tonight...all of them at various times looked like bieksa so much i didn't really notice him (bieksa) tonight.

glad perry finally got one, but that first line is ass. we need to change things up. we are in deep **** if the 2nd (or is that our 1st now?) stops producing. i'd be ok with moving kase up to see how he does with getz.

gibson seemed a bit off tonight to me. not good at judging goalies though so may be wrong. just seemed slightly off where he needed to be and a bit behind the play at times.

PCDiesel

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
Internet crapped out last night. Watched the highlights, Noeson big goal, cogs with 2 and perry finally gets one. Everything else looked terrible.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
They just gave up 13 goals to two of the worst teams in the NHL. Can't want to see how RC holds the guys accountable.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
To be fair though, the Flames forwards are pretty fast. Our forwards can't keep up on the backcheck.

The Canes plain out-hustled us, though. There's no excuse for a game being this close when they're missing Staal AND their Lindholm.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
They just gave up 13 goals to two of the worst teams in the NHL. Can't want to see how RC holds the guys accountable.

Cause he has held guys so accountable so far this year? Perry and Vatanen have looked like lazy pieces of crap all year and nothing. Yep RC brings the accountability.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
You keep repeating this mantra, because you are pushing your false narrative, like it's true. It's not true. Perry is not producing goals, top line is producing.

Getzlaf 24 GP 2-20-22
Rakell 16 GP 10-4-14

Right now I think our biggest issue is Perry and Vatanen not performing to the level we need them too. And out PK has hit a dead wall. Every game we allow atleast one PP goal.. That can not continue.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
The one thing RC can do is to establish solid lines. The Ducks need to figure out who fits best where. One knock against Boudreau was his constant shuffling of the lines. Ducks have to establish some chemistry besides the solid 2nd line and occasionally the first. Can't have a constant revolving door on the 3rd and 4th. RC has to build as good a 4th as possible and play them. It is never just individual numbers, but line numbers.

John

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I really like how Perry looked the first half of the game. Once we fell behind his effort wasn't the same, but that was the fastest I've seen him move in a long time.

Getzlaf game was meh, really the top line did nothing but that excuse me goal in the end.

Kasbae line was solid as always.

Fowler was terrible and probably to blame for at least 2 goals. Lindholm/Manson pairing got taken advantage of.

The game really turned against us in the 2nd when Garbutt had bad turnover at blue line after a PK, d was changing and Hurricanes made a quick/effective counter.

3rd goal was backbreaker and I expected us to lose. Fowler rushed up the ice made a bad shot, coverage was horrible and they got another breakaway.

Ducks tied it up due to lucky bounces, but at least they ddint' give up.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
It was mentioned on twitter that Bieska didn't play after the 6:05 mark of the 3rd period.

Holy crap, we put the butt on waivers today?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
So why was the Perry goal unassisted? Sure looked like Getzlaf and Ritchie deserved assists on it.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
So why was the Perry goal unassisted? Sure looked like Getzlaf and Ritchie deserved assists on it.

I don't know, Getzlaf clearly got a stick on the puck on the way back to Perry. It may have deflected of the Canes guy but unless the Canes guy handles the puck then gives it back up it shouldn't matter.

I was wondering how Kase got an assist on the Noesen goal. On the feed I was watching it looked like he missed the puck cleanly before it went to Noesen.

Who gets credit league wide on some assists always baffles me. I guess it all averages out over the course of the season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad