GDT: 12/7 7:30 PT | Pretty Sure There's a Game Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Let Kase and Noesen play until we Rakell back. As long as they can keep creating chances then I have no problem playing them over gritty guys that cant keep up with the play.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Kase is awesome.

Cogs Kesler silf is carrying us. Our top line needs to be better.

Agreed x 3. As others have said, maybe Perry picks it up now. He looked pretty on fire after that goal, like he wanted the puck rather than just doing little slow-mo circles around the perimeter. One can only hope.

I don't want to jump the gun on Kase, but I'm with you that he looks like a guy that belongs and will only get better as he fills out. His skill set is sorely lacking on our team.

Oct 18, 2011
Agreed x 3. As others have said, maybe Perry picks it up now. He looked pretty on fire after that goal, like he wanted the puck rather than just doing little slow-mo circles around the perimeter. One can only hope.

I don't want to jump the gun on Kase, but I'm with you that he looks like a guy that belongs and will only get better as he fills out. His skill set is sorely lacking on our team.
I am interested in seeing what Kase could do with more skilled linemates the trade off is more difficult matchups.

I'd LOVE to see him play with Rakell for a few games

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Boll will play versus tough teams thankfully

look I like grit too. Im not saying that I want a team that can't/ won't stick up for each other but when you say Boll will "play" . I just cant help but see Boll will "sit in some combination of the box and bench for 57 minutes and 30 seconds"

our twins being this streaky is just proof that we need depth that can score when they cant. We can't let our team get to the point we're the last team doing this, and every one of our opponents gets to run four lines but we can barely run three. Thats a massive disadvantage.

Grit is why we have manson, why we have crammer, garbutt, stoner and what we thought we had in wagner. It is clear to me that when management assembled this team they had grit in mind but there are other factors that need addressing much more than a lack of grit.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Haha totally love Detroit red wing soft figure skating. Perfect Disney

I'm banging my head against my desk thinking of the fact that we didn't pick up that gritty Dylan McIlrath off of waivers. We should trade Fowler for him and Sami for Gudbranson.

EDIT: I have zero issues with this team having grit. I encourage it. But you overvalue it. I mean you're the only one I know who can not only justify playing Boll (who is useless at everything but fighting and he's not even good/timely at that) but actively wants to take more talented players out of the line up to play him. There's more to hockey than physicality. And a moving stump like Boll lacks every element but physicality.

Last edited:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
pretty sure there's a REALLY similar gif of this with Perry and everything but he scored against the Kings instead.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Theodore needs to be sent down, give Montour a game or 2 and see what you got and go from there.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
look I like grit too. Im not saying that I want a team that can't/ won't stick up for each other but when you say Boll will "play" . I just cant help but see Boll will "sit in some combination of the box and bench for 57 minutes and 30 seconds"

our twins being this streaky is just proof that we need depth that can score when they cant. We can't let our team get to the point we're the last team doing this, and every one of our opponents gets to run four lines but we can barely run three. Thats a massive disadvantage.

Grit is why we have manson, why we have crammer, garbutt, stoner and what we thought we had in wagner. It is clear to me that when management assembled this team they had grit in mind but there are other factors that need addressing much more than a lack of grit.
Do you think Carlyle cared when he won a cup dressing Parrot, May and Thornton against Detroit or Ottawa? He has his style and it includes an enforcer. Nobody other than Boll could take on a Lucic or Engelland. He doesn't play every game and has not been a liability

Oct 18, 2011
dirk that was 10 years ago, the sport has changed, also May and Thornton were able to get in on the forecheck and cause problems, Boll is too far behind the play most of the time to have any real impact

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Do you think Carlyle cared when he won a cup dressing Parrot, May and Thornton against Detroit or Ottawa? He has his style and it includes an enforcer. Nobody other than Boll could take on a Lucic or Engelland. He doesn't play every game and has not been a liability

Manson took Lucic

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
At least nice to see Carolinas Identity getting a point for his team as well.

By the way, I recently remembered that I was cheering for Canes and watching games as a very young kid in 2002 Finals (Artūrs Irbe was playing the goal there (5`9 goalie)). I was really heartbroken about the loss, Irbe was playing great.
Then in the next year for some reason the Ducks stole my heart with Ozolinsh in the lineup and Giggy doing magic in the playoffs. (although Ozo had played a lot with the Sharks before, won a cup with Avs etc). It sticked from there.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
* We will need a better goaltending going forward. Both goalies % are bad and lower than it should be
* All the coming back parts in the Bobby Ryan trade got points tonight. 2+2 combined, Ritchie and Noesen with goals and Silf with 2 dimes

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Parros played 5 games the entire 2007 playoffs. What are you on about?

Thornton and May could actually play hockey.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Having 4 soft offensive dmen, Manson who's a rock and Bieksa does not work. The problem is there is not another Manson in our system and Stoner hurt spiraled the D

And this is just absurd. 4 offensive defensemen? Your definition of an offensive defensemen must be different from, well, everyone else. Fowler and Lindholm are not offensive D.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I seem to remember Manson beating the **** out of Lucic. And Boll losing most of his fights.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
You're gonna win? All the top teams have lost to lesser teams who cares. The team is 13-9 with 2 players who were holding out and the top line not producing. I win you proved nothing get lost
You keep repeating this mantra, because you are pushing your false narrative, like it's true. It's not true. Perry is not producing goals, top line is producing.

Getzlaf 24 GP 2-20-22
Rakell 16 GP 10-4-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad