GDT: 12/7/23 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Nashville

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Traded McD cause hes old yet he's outperforming these 8.5M younglings

I've actually been mildly impressed with Sergachev's defensive play in the last 4-5 games, he's played well above his career average in the defensive zone and has been taking on high leverage minutes. By no means perfect but from Sergachev I'll take it.

On the flip side of that, I have not been impressed with his offensive game at all this year. Some random forum goers will probably quickly look and see that he has 17 points but I'm pretty sure most of that is just sponged off of the play of others, he hasn't generated much on his own.

Reactions: aylib

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
There is no excuse for Watson doing what he did at the end there.

Dude deserved a beating.

So sick of this team doing clown shit when they're getting their ass beat.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
We didn't even play that bad considering all the circumstances but we really need to start winning on the road. In this one we got outgoalied and they beat us on the special teams. Of course, when you get outgoalied by Saros while playing Johansson is like getting beat in a drag race by a Ferrari when you're in a Kia. JJ has allowed less than three goals once in the last 12 games but his numbers are pretty bang on his career averages so this is the guy we were getting all along.

Hagel-Cirelli-ABB looked decent for the second game in a row. Maybe there's something there.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We didn't even play that bad considering all the circumstances but we really need to start winning on the road. In this one we got outgoalied and they beat us on the special teams. Of course, when you get outgoalied by Saros while playing Johansson is like getting beat in a drag race by a Ferrari when you're in a Kia. JJ has allowed less than three goals once in the last 12 games but his numbers are pretty bang on his career averages so this is the guy we were getting all along.

Hagel-Cirelli-ABB looked decent for the second game in a row. Maybe there's something there.

JJ was an average backup goalie tonight, not sure why he's getting flack when he's a league minimum goalie. Calling for trades and replacements is silly, 1 there's no cap to use and 2 chances you'll probably end up with an even worse goalie. He's had plenty of games where he's given the team a chance to win.

Numbers are on par with Elliots last year but he's cheaper and even Vasi is only sporting a .899 on the season. Not winning any games scoring 1 goal, chalk it up to fatigue from the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Renopucker

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Bold prediction - after tonight's game we will have one player with a positive +/-.

Stats.png

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
JJ was an average backup goalie tonight, not sure why he's getting flack when he's a league minimum goalie. Calling for trades and replacements is silly, 1 there's no cap to use and 2 chances you'll probably end up with an even worse goalie. He's had plenty of games where he's given the team a chance to win.

Numbers are on par with Elliots last year but he's cheaper and even Vasi is only sporting a .899 on the season. Not winning any games scoring 1 goal, chalk it up to fatigue from the last 2 weeks.

By my eye he had a chance to stop all but the last one (crossbar missile through a screen). The rest he should have stopped some of them. The McDonough goal was terrible. He took a vacation to get across the net.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Ah so you can't differentiate observation and praise. So you can't point out things without you shaking your fist and yelling at the moon for being bright. Its been a frustrating season for sure, but holy hell man, smoke a joint or something. This game was nowhere near the shittiest efforts they put out this year. Like I said, if Saros wasn't playing, this game would probably be 4-3, but here we are. There are games where you are right and they are dogshit, but this isn't one of those games.

Maybe its because i am comparing shit to shit and this shit isn't as bad as their normal shit, but seriously I think you need a step back from hockey at this point. You can't be impartial or see any good anymore.
Let's see, I made a statement about how bad they were playing in several areas(after I had pointed out good play earlier in the game whm it was warranted), and you hilariously post some drivel about me being angry or not having watched the game. I made an observation focusing on the many negative aspects of their play last night, and you later made an observation highlighting one of the few positives from the game I guess.

I didn't direct any post at you, and you chose to post some assumptions about me. I'll continue to post how I see them playing, and if that doesn't meet with your approval. I really could care less. Feel free to not respond in the future.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.

Yeah, if Hagel-Cirelli-ABB can keep it going, once Stamkos and Point get out of this little temporary funk, they could have 2 solid scoring lines moving forward. Once Sheary gets back soon, who knows where he'll be slotted in, but maybe they'll have some more consistent depth scoring emerge as the season progresses.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Missed the 3rd. Honestly I thought we played two pretty good periods despite the score. Definitely more chances, and higher quality. Didn't see anythign after that.

Reactions: Renopucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad