Y7ff7Yj.png

NWi0crX.png

d0G2PEt.png

hef38Ow.png

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hope we can take the 2 points tonight. Will be a more physical game for us. Could be some fights. Hard road trip and back to back games, let's see if we start with the right direction!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
How have we played so many more games than everyone else? Like how does Toronto have 5 games in hand?
Light schedule for a lot of teams. The Lightning need to pull it together now before they fall into a pit they can't get out of. You would have hoped for a .500 record with Vasy out but the truth is they played well enough to win more games than they lost

The closed door meetings have historically produced good results for the Lightning. Here's hoping for more

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I looked at the schedule and couldn't help but notice at the end of the month we have a home back-to-back with the Rangers and Habs.

This has to be an intentional thing the Lightning - or the Habs and/or Rangers - request from the NHL at this point, because this at least the third time I can remember in the last ~10 years or so where the Rangers and Habs came to Tampa at the end of December for a pair of weekend games.

Light schedule for a lot of teams. The Lightning need to pull it together now before they fall into a pit they can't get out of. You would have hoped for a .500 record with Vasy out but the truth is they played well enough to win more games than they lost

The closed door meetings have historically produced good results for the Lightning. Here's hoping for more

That closed door meeting came from a Penguins beat reporter? I don't think that had anything to do with us.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I looked at the schedule and couldn't help but notice at the end of the month we have a home back-to-back with the Rangers and Habs.

This has to be an intentional thing the Lightning - or the Habs and/or Rangers - request from the NHL at this point, because this at least the third time I can remember in the last ~10 years or so where the Rangers and Habs came to Tampa at the end of December for a pair of weekend games.
Definitely. Feels like the Rangers in particular are ALWAYS around come New Year's Eve or so.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

That closed door meeting came from a Penguins beat reporter? I don't think that had anything to do with us.
Since Orlando to Tampa is pretty much a day trip (3-4 hours in the car for the round trip, 3-4 hours for the game), I've always looked at the period between Christmas and New Year's for games. That time of year has always been a bit of a silly season.

Montreal has been a staple matchup for at least as long as Vinik has owned the team. I don't recall NYR always being there, but that feels about right.

Reactions: StammerHammer

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Ahh that makes sense.
Yeah the closed door meeting was for the Pens, not us. The boys just had a closed door beating of ABB.

Yeah I didn't realize that. Python giveth and Python taketh away

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Everybody scored their first career goal against us and their first goal in +30 game droughts. Streaks die with us.
That was my first thought. Like, why is anyone surprised? Aren't 75% of the first goals scored against us since 2004?

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Just saw that Kuznetsov got healthy scratched in the last Caps game. Guess his game was never quite the same since he got caught with a beak full of blow.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Just saw that Kuznetsov got healthy scratched in the last Caps game. Guess his game was never quite the same since he got caught with a beak full of blow.
It's weird cause two seasons ago he was a point per game player. Last year mediocre for him and them. Requests a trade, Ovi record tour, no Backstrom, etc. Capitals are struggling so I'm more inclined to say he probably just doesn't care than the ability is gone.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad