GDT: 12/2/2017 | Wings @ Canadiens | 7PM ET | FSD

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
One thing I notice about other teams is they seem to be more confident in their zone entries. In recent years I’ve noticed the Wings don’t even enter the zone with confidence or urgency. It’s always a broken play or chip in or dump. Also why we have trouble sustaining pressure.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
On the first goal, Abby let the puck past him in the Ozone and Jensen got caught in no man's land.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
One thing I notice about other teams is they seem to be more confident in their zone entries. In recent years I’ve noticed the Wings don’t even enter the zone with confidence or urgency. It’s always a broken play or chip in or dump. Also why we have trouble sustaining pressure.

In large part because our defenseman are terrible. You'd think that a team with our forward core wouldn't struggle so badly
When was the last time we entered the zone cleanly with possession?

Reactions: Orthodox Caveman

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
There was a guy all alone in the slot. Someone has to cover him. Whoever didn't is the one that gets the heat. AA or Green, I thought at first look. Leave the guy at the point uncovered if you have to. Guys can't hang out in the slot uncovered.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Finally Nyquist is away from Z

aaaaand Frk gets hurt so I'd imagine Nyquist is out with Z net shift.

Reactions: TheMule93

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
That’s my point though. It can’t be a pipe dream for everyone.

Edit: Don’t know why this didn’t quote. Can I @TheMule93?

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Someone start a fight. Something. Hit someone.

f*** that. This game is already lost. Just go for a barn burner. All our best players are offensive guys. Just let them run and gun. Get them some points and get them some confidence.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
You'd think after getting smoked by Montreal the other night that they'd come out with some jump in their step. Nope....

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
With a brutal schedule coming up this month, I'd be totally surprised if Blashill makes it past Christmas.

I wouldn’t be too surprised if he lasts a couple more months. If they fire Blash too soon, and Nelson, the likely interim, doesn’t do any better, it’s basically an admission that Holland has assembled a shit roster. Unless Holland is a lame duck. Then all bets are off.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I wouldn’t be too surprised if he lasts a couple more months. If they fire Blash too soon, and Nelson, the likely interim, doesn’t do any better, it’s basically an admission that Holland has assembled a **** roster. Unless Holland is a lame duck. Then all bets are off.
That's true because we really don't have any one to replace Blashill at the moment, Like you said Nelson wouldn't be any better Blashill probably last the whole season and not brought back fired after the last game. We need to keep Blashill in for our losing season any ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad