12-13 Winnipeg Jets Training Camp Thread

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Again I just saw Pavelec walking to the rink with the call ups. How does he not have his own place? Also, how do I put this.... He has a giant booty! Not the most lean guy

Obviously he hates Winnipeg!

Also, as a road pirate, he simply may not have pillaged himself a place yet.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
If Slater is going to be the no. 3 center maybe Antropov isn't 100% healthy.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Bogosian update;

@WiebeSunSports: Noel said D Zach Bogosian is not day-to-day, mentioned mid-February as a possible return date. Lot of variables though #NHLJets

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
I think that there is some merit to searching for 23, 24, 25 year old guys in other organizations.

Not sure if Garret or Truck have done any analysis on when guys become true "pros" from an age perspective and are ready for the big stage. I have a couple of buddies that were undrafted players (one a Hobey Baker finalist), that have gone on to become really good pros. However, once they hit that 25 year old spot, organizations are more inclined to give their draft picks - especially the high ones - the benefit of the doubt...even at the expense of who is playing the best in the organization.

Seems to me that that taking a look at guys for free might be an interesting way fill out your bottom six, and create organizational competition until your own picks progress. We are always going to get our scoring from Kane, Ladd, Wheeler, Little, Jokinen...but if we can find a bottom six guy that is going to be able to get the puck out of our own zone - then we just may get better.

Or, we may just be stocking up on dead weight!

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Claude Noel press conference

Final day of training camp for the Jets today:

Coach-Noel-presser-Jan-18-2013-300x166.jpg

Coach Noel - Talking about James Wright. How close is he to knowing his lineup. Tough on players trying to make an impression, especially without exhibition games. How much does he know about Ottawa? How does he prep for Game 1? Role of Perry Pearn. What players who get reassigned learn. Planning for 3 games in 4 nights. How have Winnipeg’s expectations changed this year? Any clarity on Bogosian’s status? Will goalies be on a short leash? Does the opinions of ‘experts’ impact him?

To listen click here.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I think that there is some merit to searching for 23, 24, 25 year old guys in other organizations.

Not sure if Garret or Truck have done any analysis on when guys become true "pros" from an age perspective and are ready for the big stage. I have a couple of buddies that were undrafted players (one a Hobey Baker finalist), that have gone on to become really good pros. However, once they hit that 25 year old spot, organizations are more inclined to give their draft picks - especially the high ones - the benefit of the doubt...even at the expense of who is playing the best in the organization.

Seems to me that that taking a look at guys for free might be an interesting way fill out your bottom six, and create organizational competition until your own picks progress. We are always going to get our scoring from Kane, Ladd, Wheeler, Little, Jokinen...but if we can find a bottom six guy that is going to be able to get the puck out of our own zone - then we just may get better.

Or, we may just be stocking up on dead weight!
Not Garret or I, but this is from the AIH God Father Gabe (Not Dancing)

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2010/1/21/1261318/nhl-points-per-game-peak-age

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Jets re-assign Maxime Macenauer, Spencer Machacek and Derek Meech to St. John's IceCaps

Per Scott Brown

My guess is Machacek comes back up if Scheif doesn't make it past 5 games

Meech surprises me the most........I thought it would be Redmond because he doesnt have to clear waivers and I thought if they were about even in TC they would have gone with Meechs expierience........ I f Meech gets picked up on waivers our def depth if anyone gets hurt is ZERO............

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Meech surprises me the most........I thought it would be Redmond because he doesnt have to clear waivers and I thought if they were about even in TC they would have gone with Meechs expierience........ I f Meech gets picked up on waivers our def depth if anyone gets hurt is ZERO............

Same.

I figured Meech would be a good player to sit in the press box.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
@WiebeSunSports: To be clear, I have not seen #NHLJets final roster and it's possible they do something else. But with demotions, they have 23 plus 2 injured

Wonder if we make another move, possibly for a defenceman?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad