Marlies Discussion: 12'/13' Marlies Part I|Looking Forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
8 1 1 2 -4

Morgan Rielly's stats....

So WHL likely for him again next year?

Look at his shot totals. They are impressive for an under-aged rookie defensemen in the AHL (and in general). He will start racking up those points once the shots start going in.

I'm not worried. I liked what I saw out of him. Good skater, good vision, good shot and shoots it frequently (not like Kaberle or Gardiner at all) and from the defense I saw out of him, he was good. Positionally, he was there and used his stick effectively. Not afraid to get in there physically and win those puck battles. He won't make open ice hits or anything but he is stronger along the boards than Gardiner. Gardiner is a better skater with better vision though.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
Broll fights Cormier. OK tilt.

And Yeo gets in a scrap. Games getting chippy.

mikebel111*

Look at his shot totals. They are impressive for an under-aged rookie defensemen in the AHL (and in general). He will start racking up those points once the shots start going in.

I'm not worried. I liked what I saw out of him. Good skater, good vision, good shot and shoots it frequently (not like Kaberle or Gardiner at all) and from the defense I saw out of him, he was good. Positionally, he was there and used his stick effectively. Not afraid to get in there physically and win those puck battles. He won't make open ice hits or anything but he is stronger along the boards than Gardiner. Gardiner is a better skater with better vision though.

agree with every thing but the last 3 words
reilly has better vision

Geese_Howard*

This is one of the most homer announced games I've ever heard. You guys have no idea, at least the announcer admitted to being a homer but it was literally diherea of the mouth.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
agree with every thing but the last 3 words
reilly has better vision

I saw good moments out of Reilly in terms of that but nothing that absolutely blew me away like Gardiner has done a few times in the NHL. So maybe I just need to watch but that's the impression I have so far of Reilly.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Oil fan looking for info. Holzer was on the big club for quite a while this year and got sent down. He did very well. With the overabundace of NHL quality, or soon to be NHL quality guys, is he going to be on the big club or a forever farm hand. Trading to get O'Byrne has me thinking Holzer is gonna stay in the minors.

Do you guys see him being on The Leafs next year. I have him in my keeper pool and he did great for me. Seems like a very solid defenseman. Any advice or insight would be great.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Oil fan looking for info. Holzer was on the big club for quite a while this year and got sent down. He did very well. With the overabundace of NHL quality, or soon to be NHL quality guys, is he going to be on the big club or a forever farm hand. Trading to get O'Byrne has me thinking Holzer is gonna stay in the minors.

Do you guys see him being on The Leafs next year. I have him in my keeper pool and he did great for me. Seems like a very solid defenseman. Any advice or insight would be great.

I wouldn't read too much into it. He wasn't ready for the top 4 minutes he was getting. Working with a crappy analogy. If Carlyle was a flight instructor, and Holtzer was having trouble flying a Cesna, instead of a simulator, he was put in a Boeing. Plane crashed. Loss of life was inevitable. He'll be back next year all the wiser.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Broll is a tough kid, I hope for his sake he learns to protect himself better in fights. You see by this fight he doesn't use angles well in fights, he may get clocked one day and that could put him out.

I don't think he has what it takes to beat out Devane for the future enforcer role, Devane has pretty much demolished everyone I have seen him fight with this year, the only player that has been close was one of the two fights Jamie had with Stortini, where he fought with a visor on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark