Marlies Discussion: 12'/13' Marlies Part I|Looking Forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Ashton-McKegg-Biggs I would love this line the most
Leivo-Carrick-Abbott
D'Amigo-Zigomanis-Devane
Broll-Crescenzi-Ryan

I like Hamilton but I wouldn't mind him not resigning either.
Why must Devane be on the 4th line? He's a solid prospect for NHL forth line duty.

mikebel111*

Thanks for this.

Some questions:

1) Noticed McKegg at centre in the other post. Are they playing him in the top 6 as a C? If promoted (obv not happening this year) will he play at centre or on the wing?

2) Ashton in the bottom 6 in the other post... that common? I know his NHL role is bottom 6, but does he play top 6 on the Marlies?

3) Blacker had a pretty lackluster year... Will he be still be getting top 2 D minutes with Holzer? What can we expect from Percy or Granberg as far as D minutes go?

4) Biggs, D'Amigo, Ryan... Any thoughts on whether they play primarily top or bottom 6 next year?

5) Abbott is a pretty small and shifty skill guy from what I gather. Does that mean he's a top 6 or bust prospect? Seems tough to trust him in a checking/grinding role on the big team.

Thanks for the answers... Pretty hard to get trustworthy prospect info that isn't your typical rehashed tripe!

1. he played centre at the end of the season. some people see him as a centre in NHL. while others think he will be a winger.

2. ashton plays on the top 6 in the AHL. And IMO, he still has potential to be a second liner. he had a good year except for the injury.

3. Are you just looking at numbers? blacker was one of the best defencemen on the team this year. watch the games please. he is a dark horse to make the team next year.

4. ryan will play in the bottom 6 most likely. d'amigo is interesting, he can play both, he has some offense in his game. I want him on top 6. biggs will probably on bottom 6, than slowly move up.

5. he is a decent prospect. he could be a call up next year.

mikebel111*

Leivo-Carrick-Abbott
D'Amigo-Zigomanis-Devane
Broll-Crescenzi-Ryan

Why must Devane be on the 4th line? He's a solid prospect for NHL forth line duty.

are u kidding me? Hamilton needs to be on the team IMO. he is the captain and needed for our prospects.

plus that is too many prospects. you can't just have one veteran.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
^ I agree .. Hamilton is a great leader for the kids, he illustrates that hard work will allow them to earn their way to the Leafs (like last year when he was called up)

Drakkor

Apr 21, 2007
^ I agree .. Hamilton is a great leader for the kids, he illustrates that hard work will allow them to earn their way to the Leafs (like last year when he was called up)

Plus who out of there would you call up for center if an injury occurs in the NHL.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
are u kidding me? Hamilton needs to be on the team IMO. he is the captain and needed for our prospects.

plus that is too many prospects. you can't just have one veteran.

I think Zigomanis can be a captain. Also, it depends if Ranger signs an NHL contract or AHL contract again.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Leivo-Carrick-Abbott
D'Amigo-Zigomanis-Devane
Broll-Crescenzi-Ryan

Love it.

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
I hope carrick gets an expanded role. Can't help but compare him with jay mcclement. Both local kids who played under butler in Brampton. Both strong leaders in jr with decent offensive production and excellent in their own end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad