Post-Game Talk: 12/13/17 | Godzilla 7 : Bambi 1

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
We'll agree to disagree.
Miller was our MVP last season... the reason we rose from the ashes of a 9 gm losing streak (11g was it)and were 500 halfway through the season with zero scoring.

There is a difference between the two.. big one imo.

Given that the Canucks currently have a .500 record with an even worse offense than they had in the first half of the season last year, your point actually argues in favor of the notion that this year's goaltending is no worse than what they had under Miller.

Reactions: Hit the post

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Given that the Canucks currently have a .500 record with an even worse offense than they had in the first half of the season last year, your point actually argues in favor of the notion that this year's goaltending is no worse than what they had under Miller.

Sorry... memory must been hung up on those 11g in 9gm losing streak or whatever stretch they had... and the season end total.

But hey... if people here feel Miller was just as leaky as Nilsson/Marky or gave as many back breakers... ok... nothing else i can say.

Gotta say it cracked me right up when the last game the Ducks announcers were describing Miller as a 'calming influence' or words of that ilk during his shutout.

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Sorry... memory must been hung up on those 11g in 9gm losing streak or whatever stretch they had... and the season end total.

But hey... if people here feel Miller was just as leaky as Nilsson/Marky or gave as many back breakers... ok... nothing else i can say.

Gotta say it cracked me right up when the last game the Ducks announcers were describing Miller as a 'calming influence' or words of that ilk during his shutout.

The team going at a .388 pace with Miller in goal (63 point pace). Even this year a leaky Markstrom (.912) is almost identical the amazing Miller (.914).

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
As per sheet of paper.. Same same. I got it.
Yep. Same team same defence, harder starts for Markstrom.

We should be grateful to Miller, his 18-29-6 record got us Pettersson. With a decent goalie we'd have missed out.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Well I may not know much about hockey but I do know the 2x Stanley Cup winners’ penalty leaders the past two years have been noted pugilists Evgeni Malkin (77 pims) and Kris Letang (66 pims). Maybe there’s more to team toughness than just having a couple of knuckle chuckers that kill you when they’re on the ice outside of the odd fight?

Did I at any point say that the Canucks need pure Knuckle chuckers? For those most part, pure knuckle chuckers have gone the way of the Dodo bird. In today's NHL, even guys that can fight need to know how to play the game reasonably well (i.e. Dorsett, Gudbranson, etc.).....and so I have no idea why you brought this up.

The Canucks know all too well what the 2010 Hawks, 2011 Bruins, and the 2012/2014 Kings were like and so there's no point re-hashing that. The 2013 Hawks had guys like Bryan Bickell and Jamal Mayers, while the Penguins had Tom Sestito just in case.

With 2013 Chicago and 2016-2017 Pittsburgh however, while most of those guys weren't known for fighting, those teams were full of piss and vinegar and knew how to stand up for themselves.

This Canucks roster?..............not so much. We saw how Daniel reacted to Brad Marchand in 2011, and I'm not sure guys like Baertschi, Hank, Eriksson, Sutter, Granlund, Gagner, Vanek, Tanev, Hutton, and Stetcher really inspire fear in opponents (i.e. if you cheap shot us, there will be repurcussions). For this Canucks team, I think guys like Gudbranson and a Dorsett replacement are necessary. For THIS Canucks team, making a play for Evander Kane in the off-season is necessary.

If this doesn't happen, then I fear in a few years that someone's going to cheap shot a Boeser or a Petterrsson.......and the Canucks will be left standing around watching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad