OT: 117th Obsequious Banter Thread: National Cookie Day is celebrated in December

What is your favorite cookie or two...make it top four? [Select up to four]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Haven't been back to the gym since the kid was born. I was going about 3 times a week prior to her being born l. I need to get back to it. Do a couple peloton rides a week, but that's enough.
I've gotten back into my gym routine and 8-10m long hikes with my outdoor group but the loose diet is making it an uphill battle. 2018 was when I tipped over due to high work and personal stress. Feel like the body physiologically changed during that time and getting back down to my healthier weight has been massively tough. Genetic predisposition to diabetes ain't helping....been on the cusp (prediabetes) for a while now.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm only 33 but I'm already starting to feel it. In high school I could eat anything and still not gain weight. I think I graduated at 125 pounds, and I was 5'10". Now I'm up to ~165 on average. I'm just glad I have a job that keeps me on my feet all day. If I was sitting at a desk I'd probably be looking at an extra 20 pounds.
You will be fine but around 45 is when you start noticing even more struggles. I am 5'10" as well and back in my HS days was maybe 130....then moved up to about 140 for a while...then was more at an ideal weight of 175 up until 2018. Now in the 195 range although some of it is more muscle mass due to weights and legs stronger from hikes. I want to get down to 180ish...

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I started taking Saxenda on October 12th and by November 3rd I lost 17 pounds. Basically made me not hungry. When I was hungry I could eat whatever I wanted...Greasy fat foods messed my stomach up, first few weeks I would get some bad heartburn. After that I was losing around a pound a week but ran out and medicine was on backorder. I noticed it slowed down my drinking considerably and also helped me get to bed easier.

Reactions: Embiid

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Haven't been back to the gym since the kid was born. I was going about 3 times a week prior to her being born l. I need to get back to it. Do a couple peloton rides a week, but that's enough.

Yesterday I took the pup out on a hike. Fairly simple 5 mile in and out to a waterfall. Elevation gain is minimal as it follows the Clackamas River....... I am out of shape!

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Yesterday I took the pup out on a hike. Fairly simple 5 mile in and out to a waterfall. Elevation gain is minimal as it follows the Clackamas River....... I am out of shape!
Consider me jealous! That river is the namesake for the company that made my driftboat, ClackaCraft. Would love to get out there sometime.

Reactions: PDX Flyer

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Consider me jealous! That river is the namesake for the company that made my driftboat, ClackaCraft. Would love to get out there sometime.

Oh man..... it is so beautiful. My favorite river. My top secret camping ground is up there, only 50 miles from my house in Portland. Before getting my dog, would ride my bicycle up there and camp. White water rafted it in January.... f***ing cold but amazing.

Edit: I was going to post some pics but they had my naked girlfriend in them aha

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
best cookie

ba2b74ac-80f7-4bfd-9d69-0770a9f6220b.7beaf2c2bdc27477d11969288b085173.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad