OT: 117th Obsequious Banter Thread: National Cookie Day is celebrated in December

What is your favorite cookie or two...make it top four? [Select up to four]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Have to go back hunting for Lego Technic Tow Truck 42128 because the eBay seller I bought it from doesn't want to sell me a defective item guess it got damaged or something. Or they lied about having stock, got my refund. But still arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I thought I was done Christmas shopping.

• Wow
Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
This was my Other answer. :)
3e6c21a4df186f169439f30c46c5a2dc.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
They're extremely difficult to find, but the Milano lemon with dark chocolate is the summit of all store-bought cookies.

However, my homemade chocolate chip cookies are the lords of all cookies made on this insignificant planet of yours.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
started Rogue Heroes last night..interesting..was a little put off with the modern music at parts in a historical drama

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
That's like 5 times more expensive than the Berkshire Snoopy ones I've been looking at to buy for a couple years now.

One of those options is mass-produced crap owned by a conglomerate and you'll be lucky to get a decade out of it.

The other is a family run small business that will last not just your lifetime, but probably multiple more. I cannot stand being wasteful and I like supporting small businesses.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
One of those options is mass-produced crap owned by a conglomerate and you'll be lucky to get a decade out of it.

The other is a family run small business that will last not just your lifetime, but probably multiple more. I cannot stand being wasteful and I like supporting small businesses.
Yeah but I'm in Florida. So a blanket isn't high on my priority list. Also I'm a sucker for patterns and the Berkshire ones are pretty dope.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

I got a similar blanket from LL Bean. The only problem is that it's so warm I need to turn off all the heat in the house to use it.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Yeah but I'm in Florida. So a blanket isn't high on my priority list.

I hear you. It just drives me nuts the way people talk about pricing on some of these items. My briefcase was expensive on a normal scale. It was also a hell of a lot cheaper than buying something with a high-end designer name attached to it.

But it’s made out of one piece of leather so thick that it will probably still be in use in 4 generations if someone wants it. And it only gets better looking by the year. I get that not everyone can do the upfront costs, but it often ends up costing you less over the course of your life to just spend the money once on quality.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I hear you. It just drives me nuts the way people talk about pricing on some of these items. My briefcase was expensive on a normal scale. It was also a hell of a lot cheaper than buying something with a high-end designer name attached to it. But it’s made out of one piece of leather so thick that it will probably still be in use in 4 generations if someone wants it. And it only gets better looking by the year. I get that not everyone can do the upfront costs, but it often ends up costing you less to just spend the money on quality.
Nah I feels. Everyone has good reasons to spend more on certain goods and go a little thrifty on others.
Also I'm the guy who is collecting all over print Joe Cool shirts so yeah. I'm clearly a sucker for certain things. Haven't picked up another shirt in a while though (come on eBay gimme a new one I don't own). I guess I bought most of these, up to like 40 different ones now.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Nah I feels. Everyone has good reasons to spend more on certain goods and go a little thrifty on others.
Also I'm the guy who is collecting all over print Joe Cool shirts so yeah. I'm clearly a sucker for certain things. Haven't picked up another shirt in a while though (come on eBay gimme a new one I don't own). I guess I bought most of these, up to like 40 different ones now.

I'm the same way with Robert Graham shirts. Relegated my Ralph Lauren polo oxfords to second string.

Reactions: Chinatown88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia