OT: 116th Obsequious Banter Thread: October is National Pizza Month

October is National Pizza Month. What is/are your favorite pizza topping(s)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I'm sure there are hidden gems. Have to try Angelos. People rave about a lot of places...but it is kind of like cheesesteaks..mostly a personal preference.
For a few months their cheesesteaks were also top tier. It’s been a bit so I’m currently not vouching for anyone’s steak.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I can't say a solid go to around Philly...they are wildly inconsistent probably because of their staff mostly.

As noted Beddia is good...Stella Pizza not bad, Barbuzzo not bad...Mara's in south Philly was famous and have the old brick oven but that is sliced pizza and they have not been consistent. Nomads can be good sometimes etc. No place ever knocks me off my feet like in Italy.
I like Beddia, that corn pizza they make in-season is a treat. Circles and squares is another good one in that area.

I agree with Rebel here, Angelo's is the best around, except I'm partial to their Grandma pie. Best part is you can slaughter two birds with one stone and get the best cheesesteak in the city there at the same time.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I like Beddia, that corn pizza they make in-season is a treat. Circles and squares is another good one in that area.

I agree with Rebel here, Angelo's is the best around, except I'm partial to their Grandma pie. Best part is you can slaughter two birds with one stone and get the best cheesesteak in the city there at the same time.
Grandma pie is awesome. I stop at a place called Vinos Pizza near Plymouth Meeting..Lafayette Hill. Two Neapolitan twin brothers run the place. When they are working and not paid staff they make good pizza and understand well done with the crust. Their grandma and marinara is really good. Their cheese pizza is good but the cheese I think is low quality.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Saying prosciutto is ham is like saying a ford focus is a mustang
1696376299328.png

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Btw Tacconelli's is really good but like Angelos they make it into a VIP situation so not convenient. I did like Square Pie which was mentioned.

Albeit a great ham and it should be from Parma where my uncle lives. There is fake low quality prosciutto that should be neither considered ham nor prosciutto.
Tacconelli's is solid. I like the paper thin cracker crust, but the actual dough seems to lack that fermented flavor I love. They actually just opened a new spot over in my neck of the woods in South Jersey, but it's technically not related to the Philly one, even though they are brothers. I still haven't tried it out yet.

Reactions: Embiid

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I cancelled my insurance on the car I traded in for my truck.
Today I got a letter from the Penndot pretty much demanding I provide a reason why I did that.
I’ve traded in cars before and have never had to do this. The only thing this time is I traded the car in in a different state.
I don’t see anything stating what the penalty is for ignoring this.
Has anyone encountered this before?

You don't have the car anymore?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

The grandma is where it’s at

You don't have the car anymore?
Nope. Traded it in for the truck

IMG_1181.jpeg

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Make sure Penndot knows this. Because apparently they don't. Wouldn't ignore it, just correct them
The penalty is suspending my registration on a car I no longer have. I’m fine with them doing that. In the mean time the dealer is probably going to send the paperwork into their version of penndot who in turn will send it to ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad