OT: 116th Obsequious Banter Thread: October is National Pizza Month

October is National Pizza Month. What is/are your favorite pizza topping(s)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I went pepperoni, sausage, bacon, but it also depends what kind of pizza I'm having. If it's good (pizzeria), then I don't like a lot of toppings, and just go pepperoni or plain. If it's 11:30 pm on a Saturday "munchies", then it's domino's pan or thin crust with those three meats.

The best is good pizzeria style, where the crust is thin enough that it cracks slightly on the bottom when you fold it. And you have to fold it, at least to start. Then when the pepperoni grease inevitably spills on your plate, you wipe it up with the bottom of your next bite.

Extra cheese is for kids.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Stock market lost all its gains for the year. Same game every year it seems. Red October..

They let you play then they take it all away...

Luckily I just stuck to bonds and CD's

I wish I could arbitrarily inflate my assets like the rich so that I could game the system and enrich myself....

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Best pizza.. Trenton NJ tomato pie with sausage, from Delorenzos, which are no longer in the dump of a city, but in a few locations around the city.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This is not good...long read but well worth it. This country has serious problems.

So much for the pizza talk...

America’s epidemic of chronic illness is killing us too soon​

The United States is failing at a fundamental mission — keeping people alive.

After decades of progress, life expectancy — long regarded as a singular benchmark of a nation’s success — peaked in 2014 at 78.9 years, then drifted downward even before the coronavirus pandemic. Among wealthy nations, the United States in recent decades went from the middle of the pack to being an outlier. And it continues to fall further and further behind.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Best pizza.. Trenton NJ tomato pie with sausage, from Delorenzos, which are no longer in the dump of a city, but in a few locations around the city.
Fishtown or NoLibs has Beddia...it is pretty good but Philly lacks knockout places. NYC (Bleecker St Pizza etc) is the destination and Neapolitan style is true traditional pizza like Marinara and Margherita.

A good sign is burnt bubbles....on the crust..not cheese ones

If the pizza is doughy...just throw it in the trash or die with gas....

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Hot take incoming: the standard authentic Neapolitan pizza is almost always an undercooked, sloppy and floppy mess. The flavors are tremendous, but I need more sturdiness in my crust. Apologies to my Italian friends.
You're literally that meme where it shows the superiority of American fast food pizza vs traditional Neapolitan.

And I'm all for it.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hot take incoming: the standard authentic Neapolitan pizza is almost always an undercooked, sloppy and floppy mess. The flavors are tremendous, but I need more sturdiness in my crust. Apologies to my Italian friends.
You are going to sucky places...and not authentic ones.

If a pizza is not well done underneath (fine line between well done and burnt) then they are either lazy, didn't learn the craft in Naples, use cheap ingredients, have shitty water, inferior ovens etc etc

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Margherita is the king of the hill of pizzas for me. The best I've ever had is at V&M Bistro in Wilmington. Doesn't hurt that one of the co-owners is a friend of mine (and a former Miss Delaware). When I walk in, the guys in the kitchen start making my pie before I have a chance to order.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
You are going to sucky places...and not authentic ones
You're literally that meme where it shows the superiority of American fast food pizza vs traditional Neapolitan.

And I'm all for it.
Pizza by the slice American style is not bad but legit Neapolitan style pizza is in its own category if done right. In the U.S. places in Nyc come closest to those in Italy...and if you get Pizza in Italy..you get it in the South.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
You are going to sucky places...and not authentic ones.

If a pizza is not well done underneath (fine line between well done and burnt) then they are either lazy, didn't learn the craft in Naples, use cheap ingredients, have shitty water, inferior ovens etc etc
That very well may be the case, but even the super mega authentic places I see on TV seem the same. What's the go to around here for it?

I'm a big coal fired fan, and I want it to flirt with that line of being well done vs burnt. The thinner the better too.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
That very well may be the case, but even the super mega authentic places I see on TV seem the same. What's the go to around here for it?

I'm a big coal fired fan, and I want it to flirt with that line of being well done vs burnt. The thinner the better too.
I can't say a solid go to around Philly...they are wildly inconsistent probably because of their staff mostly.

As noted Beddia is good...Stella Pizza not bad, Barbuzzo not bad...Mara's in south Philly was famous and have the old brick oven but that is sliced pizza and they have not been consistent. Nomads can be good sometimes etc. No place ever knocks me off my feet like in Italy.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Fishtown or NoLibs has Beddia...it is pretty good but Philly lacks knockout places. NYC (Bleecker St Pizza etc) is the destination and Neapolitan style is true traditional pizza like Marinara and Margherita.

A good sign is burnt bubbles....on the crust..not cheese ones

If the pizza is doughy...just throw it in the trash or die with gas....

Angelo's makes the best Pizza in Philly. There are plenty of other great spots that dont get the hype yet.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Angelo's makes the best Pizza in Philly. There are plenty of other great spots that dont get the hype yet.
I'm sure there are hidden gems. Have to try Angelos. People rave about a lot of places...but it is kind of like cheesesteaks..mostly a personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Event closes
    • Updated: