OT: 115th Obsequious Banter Thread: 115 Minutes of Fame

Who did "Fame" best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Saw a friend and he noticed the weight loss, "nice, that takes a lot of effort." I corrected him in that I am still not really trying.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Ozempic, one easy shot a week. Zero side effects. Other meds also, but it dropped my daily sugar 20 pts, and A1C is 7. I did lose 35 lbs, but have leveled out. Still want to lose 20 or more, but I haven't made the effort due to injuries and yadda yadda yadda.

Dr prescribed Wegovy, which is one shot a week. Shortages like crazy. I'd like to lose around the same as you. My brother lost 30 in about 3 months on Wegovy

I lost 15 lbs this week. All you need is the Astrovirus and the weight will literally fall right out of you.

Reactions: Danko

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Just an extraordinary weather system. And yes, automerge is the worst. If I didn't look at my notifications, I wouldn't have seen your question as I zoomed by it the first time

models only started showing it yesterday morning, but NYC is getting absolutely pounded

While living in Hoboken, the Hudson would come over the wall and into the town during normal storms. This was over 14 years ago. I can only imagine how bad it is now.....

• Wow
Reactions: Cody Webster

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Saw a friend and he noticed the weight loss, "nice, that takes a lot of effort." I corrected him in that I am still not really trying.
I currently work out around 90 minutes a day, cycling, walking, strength training, yoga with Peloton, play hockey twice a week. Problem is drinking, snacking throughout the day. When i play hockey, games get done around 11ish and a McDonalds is right by the bar that sponsors our team.

From what im reading, Semaglutides like WeGovy basically make you feel the sensation of fullness and also works on the dopamine sensors, several people on the subreddit indicate that it also has an impact on the amount they drink.

If im working out every day and not losing weight because i choose to snack and drink, hopefully this helps.

Only thing that I don't like is that when I lost 150 pounds when i was around 20, naturally, i felt a sense of pride and accomplishment because i worked my ass off.

• Wow
Reactions: Lord Defect

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
A comfortable sleep for me is like when the room is in the 50-60 degree range.
You camp don't you? Sounds like one of my roomates in college.....in winter used to sleep with the window wide open in the room next to mine ..nude and under the covers. Dude was a nut....big outdoors person ...Irish red hedded guy who thought he was a Celt...

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
I currently work out around 90 minutes a day, cycling, walking, strength training, yoga with Peloton, play hockey twice a week. Problem is drinking, snacking throughout the day. When i play hockey, games get done around 11ish and a McDonalds is right by the bar that sponsors our team.

From what im reading, Semaglutides like WeGovy basically make you feel the sensation of fullness and also works on the dopamine sensors, several people on the subreddit indicate that it also has an impact on the amount they drink.

If im working out every day and not losing weight because i choose to snack and drink, hopefully this helps.

Only thing that I don't like is that when I lost 150 pounds when i was around 20, naturally, i felt a sense of pride and accomplishment because i worked my ass off.

Not sure of your age, but I believe you are a silverback, like me. Since February, I have lost 85 pounds by diet alone, so it can be done because I DESPISE working out, running, etc. I do get a significant amount of movement when I am shooting events and such, but, on average, nothing spectacular. I'm about 20lbs from goal without working out, and trust me, if I can do it...

You camp don't you? Sounds like one of my roomates in college.....in winter used to sleep with the window wide open in the room next to mine ..nude and under the covers. Dude was a nut....big outdoors person ...Irish red hedded guy who thought he was a Celt...

Is there something you'd like to share with the class?

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Not sure of your age, but I believe you are a silverback, like me. Since February, I have lost 85 pounds by diet alone, so it can be done because I DESPISE working out, running, etc. I do get a significant amount of movement when I am shooting events and such, but, on average, nothing spectacular. I'm about 20lbs from goal without working out, and trust me, if I can do it...

Is there something you'd like to share with the class?
Ha ha...he liked being nude when he slept and he was nude on Broad Street when the Phillies won the penant in 1993. He felt like he was a celtic warrior...

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Nope but I do like the chilly weather & the smell of firewood in the fall. :laugh:

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Fascinating insights....

It definitely helps with making sense of one's own mortality and that of loved ones that have faithfully departed or soon to depart this current dimension of consciousness...

I highly, highly recommend you read After by Dr. Bruce Greyson. It is absolutely fascinating. He's spent decades studying NDEs and the testimonies from patients. He is a religious man, but approaches the topic of NDEs and writes from a pragmatic and scientific position.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Tumeric gets marketed as a cure for basically everything which keeps me from taking it seriously

Tastes good though
Some people brush their teeth with it

1696084623947.png

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I highly, highly recommend you read After by Dr. Bruce Greyson. It is absolutely fascinating. He's spent decades studying NDEs and the testimonies from patients. He is a religious man, but approaches the topic of NDEs and writes from a pragmatic and scientific position.
Just listened to the cliff notes version with this interview of Greyson...gonna get the book. Thanks for sharing..

Fascinating indeed. I take solace in the scientific evidence he explains that we still exist (the mind) after we die in state of consciousness...another dimension if you will separate from our filtering brain and physical body/vessel.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Take capsules, not powder. It has really worked well for me. I do use the powder for cooking Asian style though. Seriously, my health has been been better since I started taking the capsules daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad