Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I miss when Who was good. :(
I thought Jodie Whittaker was very good but they loaded her down with too many companions and bad scripts.

Edit: You know that Tennant is going to be in an upcoming special, right? It should come out... some day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebels57

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Was watching the documentary "Telemarketers" on Netflix the other night and at one point in the show the documentary guys are called by a telemarketer who converses with them....the only thing is they know the voice on the other end and the guy has been dead for 2 years.

Telemarketers are already using the voices of former callers trained with AI to call you.
There is a YouTube channel where these guys take down the scammers. My wife sometimes gets 10 a day. I don’t even answer the phone if I don’t recognize the number. If it’s important they will leave a message.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
There is a YouTube channel where these guys take down the scammers. My wife sometimes gets 10 a day. I don’t even answer the phone if I don’t recognize the number. If it’s important they will leave a message.

I've subscribed to this philosophy for years. I'll never forget my first AI call, though. Don't remember why I picked up, but it sounded like your typical marketing call for the first few lines. It was a pause where I was supposed to respond in some way that gave it away. Assholes.

That said, new question. Team Robots or Team Aliens? Soon we will all have to decide

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I thought Jodie Whittaker was very good but they loaded her down with too many companions and bad scripts.

Edit: You know that Tennant is going to be in an upcoming special, right? It should come out... some day.

It’s a 3 part special, I believe. This winter. Then the new series soon after that. Davies is the showrunner again, the budget is increased due to the new Disney partnership…..room for optimism.

I think Jodie was a bland terrible Doctor who was a side piece in her own show not through her own doing. She had all the potential to be great. The writing was Flyers-level bad under Chibnall. The companions were snooze fests. It lost the pizzazz and the humor and the adventure and the effervescent creativity. Not every Who episode can be a masterpiece, but the total lack of even a single very good episode in Jodie’s tenure was a sin.

These last 3 series were so bad (the Flux ahhhhhhhhh), my sister and I, when we would get together, would re-watch a bunch of Tennant, Smith, Capaldi to remember why we loved the show.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Anyone into college football the pick-em contest starts tonight.

12-14 games a week
pick you winner and assign a 'confidence score' between 1-10
if right the points are added if wrong subtracted

Taking place in the NCAA thread

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@JojoTheWhale

Have you been following this Jordan jersey chaos?

I don't know all of the specifics, but I did see something about MeiGray photo matching after previously saying they couldn't.

Let me guess. Either it doesn't look right or the guy who bought it is friends with someone inside? Or both? Everyone is the business is a crook, so that's my default answer.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don't know all of the specifics, but I did see something about MeiGray photo matching after previously saying they couldn't.

Let me guess. Either it doesn't look right or the guy who bought it is friends with someone inside? Or both? Everyone is the business is a crook, so that's my default answer.
You're basically right.

Meigray released a statement today saying that they were freezing the authentication of the jersey that they approved.

Yes, I know it's a Darnell article but...

What if I told you that Meigray authenticated the jersey based off of photographs that they received from a made up foundation from a dead photographer that weren't real?

Meigray is gonna have to really work hard to repair their image on that one.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
You're basically right.

Meigray released a statement today saying that they were freezing the authentication of the jersey that they approved.

Yes, I know it's a Darnell article but...

What if I told you that Meigray authenticated the jersey based off of photographs that they received from a made up foundation from a dead photographer that weren't real?

Meigray is gonna have to really work hard to repair their image on that one.

Oh how I wish that was true. But I saw the mistakes PSA made and it just didn't matter. Their grades brought more money. The smart buyers will do their own research, but they'll still have to out of those that don't care.

That is pretty damn high up on the nutty scale. I've never had to deal with anything close to that. The worst for me personally was backing out of a deal where someone was about to sell me a card that had been stolen from the NY Public Library. It still had the library's stamp on the back. I had to go to the FBI.

Reactions: BernieParent

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Oh how I wish that was true. But I saw the mistakes PSA made and it just didn't matter. Their grades brought more money. The smart buyers will do their own research, but they'll still have to out of those that don't care.

That is pretty damn high up on the nutty scale. I've never had to deal with anything close to that. The worst for me personally was backing out of a deal where someone was about to sell me a card that had been stolen from the NY Public Library. It still had the library's stamp on the back. I had to go to the FBI.
Did you flag down the nearest bird to get to the FBI?

Really wish this didn't happen to Meigray though as I really don't need any other reason for Fanatics to take a stranglehold on things. This opens the door even more.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Did you flag down the nearest bird to get to the FBI?

Really wish this didn't happen to Meigray though as I really don't need any other reason for Fanatics to take a stranglehold on things. This opens the door even more.

They started taking over PointsBet today too. It's getting harder and harder to avoid them.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
They started taking over PointsBet today too. It's getting harder and harder to avoid them.
You should use your new van to get the dirt on them and shut them down.

I live and work here lol. Blame my parents for moving south. I ventured back northward.

There's some food they do better here, but god damn do I always want better hoagies. Always. My blood cries out for them.
How do you people drive down here.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
FOR FREE????

076a7aa7e98ed89d8544348133f24a0a.png

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Was it DNS?
Router which has been working fine for two years randomly starts disconnecting, Power Cycled both devices, Router still throwing a red light on WAN port, tried swapping with my hard wired TV (which was working fine) no luck. Went into router settings flashed firmware, tried a reset...no luck. Noticed Router status saying "Your ISP's DHCP is not functioning properly" called Xfinity...transferred around 3 times.

Hung up agressively after 30 minutes on hold. I tried turning DHCP discovery mode to aggressive/continual and no luck. Booted both Modem and Router for 10 seconds, then changed DHCP back to Normal...recreated my SSID's and was able to connect.

Online now but need to optimize the settings still...only getting 200gbs when i was pulling 600 before on 5ghz network.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

If they get rid of Paige, it's legit riot time.

i just got stung by a wasp and had my wifi router malfunction within the span of 15 minutes which cost me about 3 hours of my day troubleshooting

Tried to find a clip of Tom Hanks running from the bee in The Money Pit, but couldn't. Instead, accept my condolences.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad