Prospect Info: #113 Amadeus Lombardi, 2022 Draft

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I always struggle to be hyped about what someone does in juniors, but Lombardi feels like the real deal for some reason.

For me I've got a list of specifics I look at when judging a player;

1. How well a player skates.
Lombardi is an excellent skater for a draft pick in any round, let alone the 4th. Not quite Larkin but he's not far off from Kasper in the wheels department.

2. How well a player thinks the game.
You can see that Lombardi just has the knack to be in the right place at the right time both offensively. He's not often lobbing the puck without looking and when skating always has his head up. He knows how the play is developing on both sides of the puck and that is hard to teach.

3. How they generate their offense.
Lombardi's got good hands in tight, is a good passer and scores around the net. He's not sniping from outside the circles and can make good use of his teammates when funneling pucks to the net. All his puck skills are very good for a junior. I think his offense is sustainable enough to be a threat in the NHL. To what degree I don't know. Maybe a 3rd liner. Maybe better.

4. How strong their motor is.
Lombardi SKATES. He was probably the hardest worker in the 3v3 prospect tournament. Whenever I'm able to catch a glimpse through TOTALLY LEGITIMATE feeds or highlights he's the hardest worker on flint and often times the other team.

I really think there's a high probability we have a player with him. Even if he doesn't become this team's Brayden Point type of steal we could use a solid 3rd line center with wheels.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Logan Morrison has not been drafted or signed yet? Couldn't he be worth a flyer? The Red Wings don't have many centers anyway.

Gruß,
BSHH
Would also look at james hardie if he has that good of a shot. An over-ager at 20-21 years old too.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Not this year?

he is now that his OHL teams season is over

but the Griffins only have 2 games left in their season now and aren't in the Playoffs, I doubt the Wings bother rushing to move him over to the AHL right after his season ended just so he can play in the last 2 games this weekend

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Don’t bring him up this year. Every prospect we do,except Mazur, gets hurt

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I was honestly blown away by him from what I saw in the Playoffs.

How did we get this guy in 4th?? He's a first round talent.
Jus like Mazur , another overager and Draper pick. We will see. If Veleno and Zadina doesn't improve next season, maybe 24-25 season Mazur and Amadeus will replace those guys

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Jus like Mazur , another overager and Draper pick. We will see. If Veleno and Zadina doesn't improve next season, maybe 24-25 season Mazur and Amadeus will replace those guys

If Zadina doesn't improve to at least 3rd line levels in 2023-24 he's waiver fodder. I'm very skeptical about him as a player though.

Veleno also needs to have a big season as well but I think he's at least got trade value. He is someone I can see catching on and developing into a 3C with another organization if he can't hack it in Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad