Prospect Info: #113 Amadeus Lombardi, 2022 Draft

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
it is semantics, but when you are born that is your first year. when you are 1 year and 1 day old, that is your second year. So if he is already 19 years old + days, he is technically in his 20 year old season.

but i digress.
You are talking about different things. It’s his 20th year on planet earth sure, that doesn’t make it is 20 year old season though (you can tell by the name- ”20 year old season” implies a player is 20 years old for most of it).

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
You are talking about different things. It’s his 20th year on planet earth sure, that doesn’t make it is 20 year old season though (you can tell by the name- ”20 year old season” implies a player is 20 years old for most of it).
I was not the one who brought this up. I just clarified the reason why the original person who did bring it up was trying to get at. So, let's simmer down for a sec.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
You're absolutely right! That's why the Wings are a bottom-10 team. They have a bunch of players (Erne, Osterle, Zadina Luff, Hirose, etc) that are absolutely nothing players that are only around the NHL because there are shit teams for them to be on.

The goal for the organization is to filter these players out and replace them with actual difference makers as prospects and the salary cap situation allows. Hopefully, Lombardi, Mazur, Kasper, and more are those players that can help.
You're like 20 names short.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
it is semantics, but when you are born that is your first year. when you are 1 year and 1 day old, that is your second year. So if he is already 19 years old + days, he is technically in his 20 year old season.

but i digress.

I don't think he makes the nhl next year, because of what someone before said about only being exposed to OHL talent. That makes a lot of sense and I can tamper down my enthusiasm now. Hopefully, he not only makes the AHL top 6 lines, but he dominates like berggren's last AHL season and he gets to be first call up the year next.
What you are describing is actually a cultural phenomenon. In America, on the first anniversary of your birth, you are 1 years old. In some other counties, (not sure which, but i know that South Korea is one of them) on the first anniversary of your birth you are a 2 year old.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
What you are describing is actually a cultural phenomenon. In America, on the first anniversary of your birth, you are 1 years old. In some other counties, (not sure which, but i know that South Korea is one of them) on the first anniversary of your birth you are a 2 year old.
i know what you are saying, but if your birthday is 10/1/2022, on 10/1/2023 you are 1 years old completing your first year. On 10/2/2023 you are 1 year and 1 day old, officially beginning your second year in life.

I believe it is China(?) that does the same thing. I know it is a thing in asian countries only, not anywhere else...right?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
As for Soderblom, I keep looking at Freddy Modin as a comparable. A guy that when he felt like it could use his size to impose his will on the opposition but doesn't have the consistency to be a real all-star. (yet)

Soderblom has the hands of a 30+ goal guy. It's just a matter of getting him to regain that confidence at the NHL level and to put him on a line with guys that can carry through the neutral zone.

Just an upgrade for a Demolition Man 2.0, who no opposite defenceman can do nothing. :)

That would be fun.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
I'm excited to see what Amadeus and Mazur can do, even if it's just in GR. The Griffins could definitely use the upgrade in terms of firepower.
The Griffins team next year is gonna give us a real good look at the Wings future looks like. I would assume Ed graduates to the Wings for next season will have help me out here, at the very least Kasper, Mazur,Lombardi, Wallander,Johansson,Cossa, Hanas and who else? Mind you there is Toledo as well but those are all supposed to be "legit" prospects poised to make the Wings that look promising so far. That's alot of what should be firepower coming to one team.

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
What are people’s realistic projections for this kid?

I know he was a later pick and has exceeded expectations by quite a bit. Where does he go in a redraft? How does he compare to someone like Matthew Savoie, who is highly touted and was taken in the first round? They are both skill guys, are similar in size, and scored at an almost identical clip this past season.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

I know he was a later pick and has exceeded expectations by quite a bit. Where does he go in a redraft? How does he compare to someone like Matthew Savoie, who is highly touted and was taken in the first round? They are both skill guys, are similar in size, and scored at an almost identical clip this past season.
Kucherov/Hagel/Cirelli or bust.

• Haha
Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

Hot Wings

Mar 1, 2023

Realistically, an effective middle-six forward who hopefully can play C but could also move out to the wing.

More optimistically, a first line player capable of driving the play.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Redraft already? LOL.

A bit too early, scoring at lower levels doesn't always translate to the NHL especially for smaller players. Marco Rossi hasn't made the jump yet and he's 2 years older, and lead the OHL in scoring his draft year (120 pts).

My realistic projection? Robby Fabbri with good knees and with better puck decision in the defensive zone. Hopefully a better passer as well.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

EDit: wrong thread

To answer your question, its hard to say. He definitely goes much higher in a re draft but to compare him to a top 10 pick is tough. It was those covid drafts though so its really tough to say. He missed a whole season where he could have made himself look like a top 10 pick. We'll never know.

But I will say, if he was drafted where Savoie was and has played as well as he has post draft.... no one would be upset about it

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Savoie was in his +1 season while Lombardi was in his +2 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad