OT: 111th Obsequious Banter Thread: If threads were floors, this would be the tallest building in America

What is your favorite summertime fruit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Literally two days after returning home from vacation I started feeling the same dull aching and mild pain that had been plaguing me most of the week before my trip. Had a follow up CT scan scheduled for Wednesday anyway so I just went about my week. Results finally showed up in my portal today showing yet another kidney stone being passed. Hoping it's nearing the end; been feeling horrible bladder pressure and sharp pain in that unmentionable manly area pretty much all day. Actually went to urgent care today to make sure it wasn't an infection and the doctor suspects that what I'm hoping is indeed the case.

Anyway... my right kidney allowing me a weeklong break to enjoy vacation in Florida before expelling yet another stone into my ureter two days after I returned:
Hin1HJLh8rVh32ttIomlD3z8W-o=.gif

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Listen, you. It's me and the pug by ourselves for 3 weeks. We have terrible food to eat and no jobs to go to, so don't bring any of that "work" stuff here and kill the vibe.
3 weeks to get lost in Hyrule or any other video game world sounds legit. Or 3 weeks to study hockey prospects because you're totally enthralled with this new regime.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Literally two days after returning home from vacation I started feeling the same dull aching and mild pain that had been plaguing me most of the week before my trip. Had a follow up CT scan scheduled for Wednesday anyway so I just went about my week. Results finally showed up in my portal today showing yet another kidney stone being passed. Hoping it's nearing the end; been feeling horrible bladder pressure and sharp pain in that unmentionable manly area pretty much all day. Actually went to urgent care today to make sure it wasn't an infection and the doctor suspects that what I'm hoping is indeed the case.

Anyway... my right kidney allowing me a weeklong break to enjoy vacation in Florida before expelling yet another stone into my ureter two days after I returned:
View attachment 714917
You gotta change what you are eating and drinking, man

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
You gotta change what you are eating and drinking, man
I almost exclusively drink water, no coffee, soda, tea, anything like that at all, and I've even radically changed my diet over the last few months after developing IBS. I'm even down 15 pounds over the last month and a half or so. I completely avoid all the high oxalate foods. Based on recent CT scans I've had, and my potassium citrate prescription I've been taking for almost two years, I don't think I've formed any new ones since I passed my first stone in 2019. It's a matter of the ones that are already in my kidneys, those numbers have been holding steady as far as I can tell. I had gone since August 2021 without an attack before passing the most recent one.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Back in the good old Nemours E.R this morning, this time with the boy. Cheap ass medical supply company won’t get us the feeding tube buttons we need to keep him alive, so of course his last button came out in the middle of the night and now we have to spend 100 out of pocket for a copay and hours in the ER to hope they have the right size button and his belly doesn’t close up the feeding tube hole while we wait.

Dan Hilferty and anyone in the administration of insurance and medical supply can eat a dick.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I almost exclusively drink water, no coffee, soda, tea, anything like that at all, and I've even radically changed my diet over the last few months after developing IBS. I'm even down 15 pounds over the last month and a half or so. I completely avoid all the high oxalate foods. Based on recent CT scans I've had, and my potassium citrate prescription I've been taking for almost two years, I don't think I've formed any new ones since I passed my first stone in 2019. It's a matter of the ones that are already in my kidneys, those numbers have been holding steady as far as I can tell. I had gone since August 2021 without an attack before passing the most recent one.
If they're all in the right kidney, give it to someone else. Problem solved.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
So, um... update. All of them but the light gray small boi towards the middle just came out tonight. I actually pissed out four of them at one time about an hour atom. Guess there was more than one rattling around... nutty thing is I didn't have any excruciating pain this time, just mild discomfort and dull aching. Well, the bladder pressure and constant urge to piss today were absolutely unbearable.. guess I know why.

My CT scan before vacation a couple weeks ago showed I still had 6 or 7 stones in my kidneys waiting to be passed, pretty consistent with precious scans.. sincerely hoping I made a major dent in that number today and that there weren't any that had gone undetected and the number is higher than believed. Needless to say, I will absolutely be in touch with my urologist tomorrow, lol.
20230604_222408.jpg

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So, um... update. All of them but the light gray small boi towards the middle just came out tonight. I actually pissed out four of them at one time about an hour atom. Guess there was more than one rattling around... nutty thing is I didn't have any excruciating pain this time, just mild discomfort and dull aching. Well, the bladder pressure and constant urge to piss today were absolutely unbearable.. guess I know why.

My CT scan before vacation a couple weeks ago showed I still had 6 or 7 stones in my kidneys waiting to be passed, pretty consistent with precious scans.. sincerely hoping I made a major dent in that number today and that there weren't any that had gone undetected and the number is higher than believed. Needless to say, I will absolutely be in touch with my urologist tomorrow, lol.
View attachment 715174

Just have the whole system removed. Swap to an oil filter.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
View attachment 714978
This was the other day when I yelled at him for nawing on the couch.

Is he one of those dogs who doesn’t get a guilty look on their face when they do something bad? My Anatolian Shepherd is like that. He just smiles and looks at us if we get frustrated with him. It’s so funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad