• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Buy a shovel when you land. Not from the first shovel store you see, they charge too much. Wherever your wife decides to sit you guys at the beach, walk 18’ towards the water, into it if you must, and 23’ west. Dig down that spot 8’.
Let me know how many dabloons you find.

Or how many severed hands of American college kids who never returned from Spring Break.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
The problem was that I wanted to either make it work, or remove the bulkhead from the base so I could take the whole thing out and forget about it. I wasn’t positive how to bread the superglue bond without breaking the glass.
The ratcheting cutters is a great idea, but they don’t technically cut, they pinch, and would push either side against the glass.
I gave it a shot just to see if the glass would flex a little bit and the silicone already set somewhat and wouldn’t let the glass budge. The cutter got wedged in.
I gave up trying to avoid a bunch of broken glass and slowly pried them apart with my hands.
The secondary swimming platform idea is sadly no more.

As far as the pvc, it wasn’t as much as being able to cut them, it was more that I “shouldn’t” cut them as it could break the glass doing so.
What exactly are you going for here? I have some ideas from building a bunch of sumps and such for marine aquaria, but I'm having a hard time envisioning your end goal and why.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Alonso
Red Bulls
Ferrari being Ferrari
Mercedes still on Earth only
Gasly beating Ocon
Williams getting points

This was a nice start of the season

Reactions: Cody Webster

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
What exactly are you going for here? I have some ideas from building a bunch of sumps and such for marine aquaria, but I'm having a hard time envisioning your end goal and why.
Reeves turtles only like shallow water. At their current size they prefer about 6” of water. The 14” of air in the tank was going to bother me, and I wanted to do something with it while giving them more space to swim.
The tank is set up and I’m “fish in cycling” the tank.
4567B392-7074-46DB-9EF0-644436542C16.jpeg

ajgoal

Jun 29, 2015
Reeves turtles only like shallow water. At their current size they prefer about 6” of water. The 14” of air in the tank was going to bother me, and I wanted to do something with it while giving them more space to swim.
The tank is set up and I’m “fish in cycling” the tank.
View attachment 664156
Plant semi aquatic plants. They'll make the airspace more interesting and will take up some of the poop

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Plant semi aquatic plants. They'll make the airspace more interesting and will take up some of the poop
Any suggestions on decent looking ones for people that have zero experience with keeping aquatic plants?

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So my neighbor has this crazy ass "shrub" that turned into an overgrown tree that partly overhangs my property. She is having somebody prune it so I walked out to ask the dude how he was pruning it and if he could cut one of the branches overhanging my property since once it blossoms the crap becomes crazily overgrown, and I can't see out one of my windows. My neighbor says I was being mean and unneighborly for requesting the branch get pruned and me saying it was a pain in the ass for me in the summer to keep it clear of my house and clogging up my porch roof with debris. I mean I could just chop it off and have chopped off other smaller branches without asking (within my property rights) but this time wanted to make sure she was ok since it was a larger branch and the guy was out there anyway. She thought it would ruin the aesthetic of her "beauty" ......yeah I mean in the winter when it is naked and you are looking at just branches it may seem that way but once it blossoms it will look just fine on her side! Seriously, she was all offended meanwhile it was inconveniencing me. How am I the bad and "mean" person here? So I am just supposed to accept an overgrown tree and making my property look like it is in the Amazon jungle?

Edit: Makes perfect sense...she is not the neighborly one with the overgrown tree..

Last edited:

ajgoal

Jun 29, 2015
So my neighbor has this crazy ass "shrub" that turned into an overgrown tree that partly overhangs my property. She is having somebody prune it so I walked out to ask the dude how he was pruning it and if he could cut one of the branches overhanging my property since once it blossoms the crap becomes crazily overgrown, and I can't see out one of my windows. My neighbor says I was being mean and unneighborly for requesting the branch get pruned and me saying it was a pain in the ass for me in the summer to keep it clear of my house and clogging up my porch roof with debris. I mean I could just chop it off and have chopped off other smaller branches without asking (within my property rights) but this time wanted to make sure she was ok since it was a larger branch and the guy was out there anyway. She thought it would ruin the aesthetic of her "beauty" ......yeah I mean in the winter when it is naked and you are looking at just branches it may seem that way but once it blossoms it will look just fine on her side! Seriously, she was all offended meanwhile it was inconveniencing me. How am I the bad person here?
Wait for a thunderstorm and light it on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad