What is the maximum effort?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Well... funny you should ask (I assume you're referring to the fire). All things considered things have turned out pretty well, although there were definitely rough patches. For reasons not related to the fire, I decided to move (again). Had the fire not happened I would have moved anyway, but the fire impacted the timing. I figured since I wanted to move anyway it would be easier on everyone (me, the dogs, the contractors) if I moved out and then had the repairs done. And I got lucky and found the perfect house (or as close to perfect as could reasonably be expected). So I moved in to the new place last week and the repair work has started at the other house. Obviously not desireable owning two homes but hopefully the work will be done in a month or so and I can sell the old one.
Sounds like you got the house you really wanted which is good news. Hopefully you get compensated for all the hassle it's been:thumbu:

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Had to take the wife to Emerg yesterday. The night before had issues sleeping due to a "blip" in her heartbeat. She has had them in tge past and usually after 20 mins or so, they go away. But that night they continued on into the day so we went to Emerg just in case. Bloodgood and EKG info all came back ok except for of course tge extra " blip" that would happen once in awhile.

Doc said it's likely due to her system reacting to everything she has/is going through...I lost my mom end of Nov, she lost her Gmother the end of Dec and was heavily involved with helping everyone thru things(she's a nurse ). Then her mom started being a wicked women in Jan and the wife went back to work in Feb so lots of anxiety to deal with.

I booked up a trip to Mexico and we are leaving Saturday. Hopefully a week away from everything will help her get re-set. First time away in 4 years....much needed.
get well soon ms pod

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
  • Wow
Reactions: Asnito and Embiid

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Had to take the wife to Emerg yesterday. The night before had issues sleeping due to a "blip" in her heartbeat. She has had them in tge past and usually after 20 mins or so, they go away. But that night they continued on into the day so we went to Emerg just in case. Bloodgood and EKG info all came back ok except for of course tge extra " blip" that would happen once in awhile.

Doc said it's likely due to her system reacting to everything she has/is going through...I lost my mom end of Nov, she lost her Gmother the end of Dec and was heavily involved with helping everyone thru things(she's a nurse ). Then her mom started being a wicked women in Jan and the wife went back to work in Feb so lots of anxiety to deal with.

I booked up a trip to Mexico and we are leaving Saturday. Hopefully a week away from everything will help her get re-set. First time away in 4 years....much needed.
You guys need some good fortune. I hope you find some buried treasure that you’re actually able to safely profit from

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I know auto merge is going to rear it’s chucklike head but here we go.
I could use a little advice on this f***ing turtle tank.
The black uprights are pvc, easily cut when outside the tank. Inside, the vibrations might break the tank.
The tank is glass, not tempered glass.
The secondary swimming area is also glass, not tempered glass.
The bulkhead of the secondary swimming area is crenellated and actually two separate pieces of glass as I could not notch squares out with a glass cutter. The sections are bonded together with gorilla super glue gel.
The bulkhead is also bonded to the base of the secondary swimming area with super glue gel.
All of it has a bead of silicone ran around it to make it water tight.
The problem is I adjusted my plan at the last minute to factor in the turtles growth and raised the platform. Now the turtle will be unable to climb up a ramp and get into the area as it’s at the top of the tank.
I do not know if I can separate the bulkhead from the base and if I am unable to, I am unable to angle the base to get it out of the tank.
What in the f*** can I do?
20536C41-C980-4D5E-99BE-6D75DE937FE9.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I know auto merge is going to rear it’s chucklike head but here we go.
I could use a little advice on this f***ing turtle tank.
The black uprights are pvc, easily cut when outside the tank. Inside, the vibrations might break the tank.
The tank is glass, not tempered glass.
The secondary swimming area is also glass, not tempered glass.
The bulkhead of the secondary swimming area is crenellated and actually two separate pieces of glass as I could not notch squares out with a glass cutter. The sections are bonded together with gorilla super glue gel.
The bulkhead is also bonded to the base of the secondary swimming area with super glue gel.
All of it has a bead of silicone ran around it to make it water tight.
The problem is I adjusted my plan at the last minute to factor in the turtles growth and raised the platform. Now the turtle will be unable to climb up a ramp and get into the area as it’s at the top of the tank.
I do not know if I can separate the bulkhead from the base and if I am unable to, I am unable to angle the base to get it out of the tank.
What in the f*** can I do?
View attachment 662587
On the PVC topic, what would the ability to cut them be getting you? The problem lies in the gluing and siliconing of the top glass section to the tank? Silicone can be cut with a utility knife no problem, you just gotta scrape it all off the glass after.

Assuming you want to just cut the PVC?...you can get "ratcheting pvc cutters" at home depot, I doubt they put off much vibration. It looks like 1/2 PVC, cuts easy. I think a dremel type tool would work too without vibration.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
On the PVC topic, what would the ability to cut them be getting you? The problem lies in the gluing and siliconing of the top glass section to the tank? Silicone can be cut with a utility knife no problem, you just gotta scrape it all off the glass after.

Assuming you want to just cut the PVC?...you can get "ratcheting pvc cutters" at home depot, I doubt they put off much vibration. It looks like 1/2 PVC, cuts easy. I think a dremel type tool would work too without vibration.
The problem was that I wanted to either make it work, or remove the bulkhead from the base so I could take the whole thing out and forget about it. I wasn’t positive how to bread the superglue bond without breaking the glass.
The ratcheting cutters is a great idea, but they don’t technically cut, they pinch, and would push either side against the glass.
I gave it a shot just to see if the glass would flex a little bit and the silicone already set somewhat and wouldn’t let the glass budge. The cutter got wedged in.
I gave up trying to avoid a bunch of broken glass and slowly pried them apart with my hands.
The secondary swimming platform idea is sadly no more.

As far as the pvc, it wasn’t as much as being able to cut them, it was more that I “shouldn’t” cut them as it could break the glass doing so.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
So earlier today I was having issues signing into my chrome book. Not sure why it wasn’t accepting my password but I did a password reset. After doing that it asked me for my old password to proceed.
Why the hell would I need a new password if I couldn’t remember my old one( I didn’t forget it but I digress). I put in my new password for shits and giggles and of course it wouldn’t take it. Got a message that said you can still proceed but all data will be lost.
That whole thing baffled me asking for my old password. I wouldn’t need a new password if it took my prior password.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
So earlier today I was having issues signing into my chrome book. Not sure why it wasn’t accepting my password but I did a password reset. After doing that it asked me for my old password to proceed.
Why the hell would I need a new password if I couldn’t remember my old one( I didn’t forget it but I digress). I put in my new password for shits and giggles and of course it wouldn’t take it. Got a message that said you can still proceed but all data will be lost.
That whole thing baffled me asking for my old password. I wouldn’t need a new password if it took my prior password.
It kind of sounds like you had a time limit on how long you were allowed to have one password.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.

Was this referring to all of the data connected to that Gmail account or to the "data" that was stored on the device for that specific Gmail sign in session? I feel like it would have to be the latter. As someone who used to be in charge of literally tens of thousands of Gmail accounts, I find the idea that they would completely clear your Gmail account because you didn't remember your old password to be a bit extreme.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Was this referring to all of the data connected to that Gmail account or to the "data" that was stored on the device for that specific Gmail sign in session? I feel like it would have to be the latter. As someone who used to be in charge of literally tens of thousands of Gmail accounts, I find the idea that they would completely clear your Gmail account because you didn't remember your old password to be a bit extreme.

All the apps including games were wiped off. It’s funny because I was able to log into gmail on my phone using the same password that I changed it to. This was a chromebook issue. The thing I could not understand is why it was asking for the password they said was wrong initially.
I had no other choice but to proceed and lose data. So games I uploaded 2 years ago are now gone.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
btw f*** ticketmaster. Foo Fighters tickets went on sale for a venue up here yesterday morning. I had my wife try and get the tickets because I could not. She told me at lunch that she was unable to.
I ran into a guy from work who works in the front office and he told me they sold out in 10-12 minutes. There is a 4 ticket per person limit.
I am calling shenanigans on those assholes.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Thanks man. 30ish minutes till boarding time!
Buy a shovel when you land. Not from the first shovel store you see, they charge too much. Wherever your wife decides to sit you guys at the beach, walk 18’ towards the water, into it if you must, and 23’ west. Dig down that spot 8’.
Let me know how many dabloons you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad