GDT: #11; Skip the Losses. Oilers v Sens Jan 31, 7 PM on SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I've just got a bad feeling about this game tonight.

Just seems wayyyy too Oilers for us to lose this one.
To lose tonight isn’t out of the question. Ottawa will be very hungry and they won’t lose 55 games this season, they are due for a win and quite frankly due big. I want the oilers to win. Because if they don’t it’s possible the playoffs will be out of reach. But Ottawa’s record is a perfect storm to cause a massive disruption to our season, the timing is not good to play Ottawa right now, they have been thoroughly drug through the mud by every team they’ve played so far.

skinner starting tonight is a bad omen.

North

Jun 25, 2009
To lose tonight isn’t out of the question. Ottawa will be very hungry and they won’t lose 55 games this season, they are due for a win and quite frankly due big. I want the oilers to win. Because if they don’t it’s possible the playoffs will be out of reach. But Ottawa’s record is a perfect storm to cause a massive disruption to our season, the timing is not good to play Ottawa right now, they have been thoroughly drug through the mud by every team they’ve played so far.

The problem is the Oilers are notorious for playing down to their opponents so it’s not a given that the Oilers will win.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Looking at the entire league defensive stats, alot of players contributing:

Blocked Shots:
#1-Adam Larsson (33), #6-Slater Koekkoek (20), #24-Tyson Barrie (15)
(Highest winger, 2nd highest forward) #24-Kailer Yamamoto (15)

Hits:

#3-Josh Archibald (36), #19-Adam Larsson (25), #29-Darnell Nurse (22)

Takeaways:

#7-Leon Draisaitl (8), #10-Ryan Nugent Hopkins (7)

Faceoffs wins:
#4-Leon Draisaitl (104 / 55.3%), #23- Connor McDavid (70 / 53.0%)

Corsi for at even strength:

#2-Darnell Nurse (188 / 54.2%), #5-Connor McDavid (173 / 58.8%), #14-Ryan Nugent Hopkins (155 / 57.4%)

Fenwick for at even strength:

#1-Darnell Nurse (148 / 54.6%), #4-Connor McDavid (136 / 60.7%), #6-Ryan Nugent Hopkins (122 / 58.9%), #14-Leon Draisaitl (115 / 52.8%)

Pretty impressive imo. Great 200 foot, 60 minute group effort
Seems our main glaring issue right now is goaltending:

GAA / Save % (played at least 3 games):
#41 - Mikko Koskinen (3.45) / #33 - Mikko Koskinen (0.895%)

Although I do still believe Koskinen is our guy come playoff time, but he's off to a pretty rough start. Seems competition keeps him sharp. Hopefully the new guy can perform well today against the Sens, and motivate Kosky

Of course, add to all this the offensive side, McDavid and Draisaitl #1 and #2 again in league scoring; really like what this team is becoming, our current record is an illusion, once the goaltending sharpens up...good times

Betelgeuse

Sep 21, 2018
If Koski isn't tired, I'd start him since the Oil have a few days of rest afterward. If he is tired to the point it risks performance or injury, start Skinner.

Starting Skinner when Koski feels good to go seems like introducing unnecessary risks - 1) underestimating Ottawa, 2) Skinner is unproven.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
1B9F0096-2A0C-46B7-A3D1-E85AED73E597.jpeg

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Nopeeee

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I am surprised at that 3rd line. They have been the better possession line the last 2/3 games. Funny enough, our 4 games where we had over 50% possession have been against TO and Montreal lol.

I like the make up of the line, I think they can be solid, and have generated a fair amount of looks these last few games

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Okay I don't know where else to say this so I'm just going to say it.

What the hell is going on in this stupid commercial with the sound editting?

He says "It Doesn't Mean That"

Jon Hamm responds "Aloha. Aloha means delicious."

WTF? The response comes before he says the thing. Its backwards. Its confusing and annoying as shit.

Seriously, did he just read Jon Hamms mind and we are all supposed to accept that? How does he know what Jon Hamm means, or that he means to say delicious? He didn't say it yet. Its sooooo ghetto-ass low quality. A 7 year old youtuber could have done a better job of directing/editing this commercial.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Okay I don't know where else to say this so I'm just going to say it.

What the hell is going on in this stupid commercial with the sound editting?

He says "It Doesn't Mean That"

Jon Hamm responds "Aloha. Aloha means delicious."

WTF? The response comes before he says the thing. Its backwards. Its confusing and annoying as shit.

Seriously, did he just read Jon Hamms mind and we are all supposed to accept that? How does he know what Jon Hamm means, or that he means to say delicious? He didn't say it yet. Its sooooo ghetto-ass low quality. A 7 year old youtuber could have done a better job of directing/editing this commercial.

It’s ok. I fixed it in the GDT.

Aloha means delicious wins.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
I’m shocked oilers would start skinner (poor ahl goalie) over Grosenick (one of the best AHL goalies). Makes absolutely no sense, I guess he has been better in practice recently??

Reactions: Porkleaker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia