GDT: 11/9/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Chicago vs Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
My frustration lies with the fact that the Blackhawks and Pens should’ve been cautionary tales for cup winners who hung on to players long after their contracts began to outpace their production. Whether that’s due to fans reactions or hoping Father Time would somehow reverse himself. Constantly borrowing from tomorrow to pay for today will doom a franchise.
They won two cups doing that and had a chance for a third. It's really hard to blame them. Now? They probably shouldn't keep borrowing but it made perfect sense at the time.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Was tempted to go tonight as i finally got back to tampa around 5pm today and was only 10 minutes from the arena but decided not to go so i could catch up on some sleep before going back to work. kinda glad i passed on the game now....

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
They won two cups doing that and had a chance for a third. It's really hard to blame them. Now? They probably shouldn't keep borrowing but it made perfect sense at the time.
Fair enough. I don’t disagree there must be some borrowing but last year might have been the time to make some difficult decisions.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
the only real asset mistake we made was not getting value for killorn, and trading for jeannot, but who knew that vasy was toast?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
PP is a mess

Agreed on all points. Was thinking the same about Killorn. I was never a huge fan but he had value that walked right out the door.

That's because we were contending last season, it didn't make sense to trade him... or anyone. Simple really.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
These have been some bad PP. The team is really struggling to creat any good chances.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
time for jeannot to come out and extract a pound of draft picks from some unlucky blackhawk

damn hall just got jeannot'd, wasnt what i was looking to happen

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The team started the game playing really well but then we started making mistakes and they haven't been able to recover.

Though happy with another goal.

Stammer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad