GDT: 11/25/13 - 7:30PM EDT - New York Rangers VS Tampa Bay

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Who had recorded messages for MSL during the game?

I just saw that Torts congratulated him, and called him the hardest working player he has ever coached, or something along those lines.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
purcy nice try there but hey is all good marty with an assit 3 point night now kucherov didnt get two but was close on everything I said lol.

By the way coming into game bishop was 3-0 with 1.67 gaa I think against the rangers:)

You got Marty potting 2 and getting 3 points, plus it was a blow-out - nice prognostication! :yo:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I just saw that Torts congratulated him, and called him the hardest working player he has ever coached, or something along those lines.

Endearing himself to Vancouver more every day.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So I read a bit of the Rangers GDT because I'm too lazy to study...

Some of them actually had the balls to say Bishop's pads were too big, when they have the ****ing Michelin man in net. Just hilarious. That's a fanbase that doesn't take a loss well.

Sear91

Jun 26, 2007
Tampa

Brad, Vinny, Dan Boyle, Freddie Modin, Torts, Feaster, Tim Thomas, Adam Oates, Jeff Halpern, Mike Smith and I vaguely recall Dinger and Andy. What a night! Most fun I've had at a Lightning game in years!

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Some of them actually had the balls to say Bishop's pads were too big, when they have the ****ing Michelin man in net. Just hilarious. That's a fanbase that doesn't take a loss well.

Wasn't Bishop one of the few goalies that didn't have to change his gear when the new regulations came into play (because it was already in accordance)? I could be wrong, but I remember hearing that.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Wasn't Bishop one of the few goalies that didn't have to change his gear when the new regulations came into play (because it was already in accordance)? I could be wrong, but I remember hearing that.

Yup. Bish always used the smaller pad or something along the lines.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

Ya their GDT was so long I aint got to post game one yet lol. Just read it all finally had to take a nap had put me to sleep.

Their GDT is Del Zotto Sucks we cant score Sasquatch in net playing like hasek and patrick Roy. Isnt his pads to big. Moore shoots into chest. His chest covers whole net. Need a new bigger net for this guy is unfair. Kucherov's goal was a joke. The king sucks. Talbot who has five games I think is better. Why is Callahan captain.

Kinda what they all said besides Tampa sucks. Tampa scores 5 on us without Stamkos. Also we got away with huge amount of penalties.

Kinda funny stuff.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I realize there are a lot of Barbs haters left over from earlier in the year, but you have to respect how far this kid has come. The improvement he's shown from the beginning of the year until now is incredible.

And at this point, if you're still criticizing his defensive game, all you're doing is sticking to your guns. If anything, his ability to move the puck has been a big-time asset in the defensive zone, and what he lacks in size he's making up for in effort.

I have definitely seen improvement but still well below average in the defensive third. Not so much this game though..gj barberio

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
I saw a dream of browsing nhl.com last night, then accidently seeing tb leading 2-0 as the game had just started. Kucherov had the first goal. I cursed as I hate spoilers and i wasnt planning to watch the game live so i quickly closed the browser. In the morning i started watching the game and it was just as in the dream :) Only the team was different (was Flyers), would've been too spooky.

Nice game. I though everyone was excellent. Also my boy Sami got an actual shot(s) on net today, and was involved in two 2on1s atleast. Just great :handclap:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I have definitely seen improvement but still well below average in the defensive third. Not so much this game though..gj barberio

I think this is just false at this point. At least over the last handful of games. I see this from the guy on Bolts Prospects and I honestly think it's just people sticking with their early assessments. But there's no evidence of it anymore. Barbs is winning puck battles along the boards now, he's breaking up plays in front of the net, and he's probably the guy we should feel most comfortable about handling the puck in the defensive end because he has arguably the best outlet pass on the team at this point.

He had a horrendous game against Detroit. Since then? The only major error he made was when he got burned one on one and gave up a goal in a game where everyone on our defense was making major errors.

Here's the thing. Barbs was in the press box a lot early in the season when the team was having its best offensive nights. But he played every game of that west coast nightmare and he's STILL +3 on the year. According to NHL.com, he's credited with 7 giveaways in 11 games. Compare that to Andrej Sustr: 14 giveaways in 17 games. Not a huge difference, and yet we shine a spotlight on every mistake Barbs makes because we all thought he was weak defensively early in the season. And he was. But he's really not anymore.

When he makes mistakes, we should call him on it. But let's not make them up when they're not there, particularly in comparison with his teammates.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I think this is just false at this point. At least over the last handful of games. I see this from the guy on Bolts Prospects and I honestly think it's just people sticking with their early assessments. But there's no evidence of it anymore. Barbs is winning puck battles along the boards now, he's breaking up plays in front of the net, and he's probably the guy we should feel most comfortable about handling the puck in the defensive end because he has arguably the best outlet pass on the team at this point.

He had a horrendous game against Detroit. Since then? The only major error he made was when he got burned one on one and gave up a goal in a game where everyone on our defense was making major errors.

Here's the thing. Barbs was in the press box a lot early in the season when the team was having its best offensive nights. But he played every game of that west coast nightmare and he's STILL +3 on the year. According to NHL.com, he's credited with 7 giveaways in 11 games. Compare that to Andrej Sustr: 14 giveaways in 17 games. Not a huge difference, and yet we shine a spotlight on every mistake Barbs makes because we all thought he was weak defensively early in the season. And he was. But he's really not anymore.

When he makes mistakes, we should call him on it. But let's not make them up when they're not there, particularly in comparison with his teammates.

only disagreement bishop is like having a 6th forward guy is just amazing with a puck lmao.

Though will say love to see tape to tape barberio passes that is just a gift from heaven for this team:)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
only disagreement bishop is like having a 6th forward guy is just amazing with a puck lmao.

Though will say love to see tape to tape barberio passes that is just a gift from heaven for this team:)

lol, I'll give you that.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
452006147_slide.jpg

Marty asking why Purcell didn't dish him the hat trick...

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

He's just not that good in his own end still. Spade is a spade.

BUT.

He has shown significant improvement on all ends of the ice and hopefully it will continue. He has the physical tools it's always been the quickness of his thought process.

Getting better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad