Post-Game Talk: 11/16/17 | VGK 5 @ Canucks 2

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
How many Johnny Cash ghosts are in a Curtis Valk though.

I'd say Johnny Cash ghost isn't worth a Curtis Valk

How far along the path between a paperclip and a house do you think the Curtis Valk trade happens? Actually, how many houses do you think you'd have to trade for Curtis Valk.

Keep in mind that Sandlak is a 1st round pick.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
From what? Gaunce has done nothing to deserve this favourable treatment.

I think this is a general malaise in the organization. We don't know how to foster skilled talent. We get lucky when a guy like Horvat is already semi-decent at it, but if you think Baertschi is now a defensive stalwart you're dreaming.

I think Green is overall a good coach but he very much has the same flaws every current coach has. Plays favourites, and more often than not those favourites are veterans - however washed up they might be. Same old story where coaches coach the creativity and offence out of the game in favour of defence - defence that in the end turns out mediocre.

Personally I'm just sick of the double standard in the organization.
The trust level was earned plying his trade in the AHL Working hard in practice, not complaining about all the snow and the bitter cold January winds in the Mohawk Valley for two years. The usual hockey coach stuff. Obviously Benning is completely hands off when it comes to developing young players.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
We are nearly a quarter of the way through the season and our D has 3 goals. Season after season of struggling to get offense from the back-end and Jimbo has done nothing but make it worse.

Reactions: Breakers

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Another vintage Alex Edler game.....follows up a couple of decent outings with one that's not just 'average' but outright atrocious....I'm so hoping that the Canucks can move on from this guy by the trade deadline....only one year left on his contract and there's no way the Canucks are re-signing him.....time for a change.....this game tonight showed how many 'slow forwards' the Canucks possess. The Sedins and Vanek just look so slow in a game this this.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
How far along the path between a paperclip and a house do you think the Curtis Valk trade happens? Actually, how many houses do you think you'd have to trade for Curtis Valk.

Keep in mind that Sandlak is a 1st round pick.

Good question, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we donate 5 highways and 1 new house will get us one Curtis Valk. However, we'll have to sell one streetlight to make things even.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Good question, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we donate 5 highways and 1 new house will get us one Curtis Valk. However, we'll have to sell one streetlight to make things even.

Halogen or mercury vapour?

Reactions: WTG

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
that was pretty bad. nearly everyone showed their worst characteristics and pouliot finally looked like the guy pittsburgh fans describe.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Travis Green "We don't have a team that can play average". Are you trying to tell me this isn't a cup contender?

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Our leading goalscorer among D is a guy who hasn't played in over a week and has the same amount of goals as Matthew Benning.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Hotly contested contest between two evenly matched teams. Vegas got the breaks tonight, maybe next game it will be our turn. The D struggled collectively and individually.

On the plus side, Gaunce had that nice pass.

vegas jammed us up and everyone was too lazy to play a proper hockey game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad