GDT: 11/14/23 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ St. Louis

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
They carried the play in the second and then that 2nd goal was the kick (I knew it would be) in the balls. Then the 3rd goal in a matter of milliseconds. The sack hit froze 'em.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
How no trade assets and no cap space ?

It's all about getting Stammer to waive, pretty much everything hinges on that. If that's not something JBB is willing to consider then yeah we're pretty much screwed unless Vasy plays out of his mind.

I wonder what Serg would bring back in a trade.

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
Question for the group...what's your line in the sand?

Missing the playoffs? Serious question.

What would make you go..."ok, time for a change" whether players or coaches?

Just curious. Trying to be calm about this. (I know...I know...)
It’s already passed. I’d burn this thing down to the studs. Aside from Vazy, anyone should be available at the deadline.

Reactions: T REX

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
stammy haggard.jpeg

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I honestly think we have too many stopgap players who we are 99% sure will never blossom into anyone special. I'd like to see that injection of hungry Syracuse players, not just the usual suspects.

Reactions: ccman68

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
hopefully this is the last game abb plays for us. he does have offensive skill to sometimes looks useful but 99% time he just looks like a kid out there lost and confused. just too small slow and weak

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't know about everyone, but clearly this team needs help on defense. Vasy, if he returns to form which isn't guaranteed, will help. But I still think we need an addition or two.

I disagree on Vasy. This is the most prolonged absence of his career and our one player whose compete level rivals Kucherov. He may have some terrible outings for about 2 weeks and he's going to go back to being the best goalie in the world because he has had his time to recover mentally and physically. He probably hasn't been this ready and excited to play hockey since he was a rookie.

Reactions: Renopucker

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's all about getting Stammer to waive, pretty much everything hinges on that. If that's not something JBB is willing to consider then yeah we're pretty much screwed unless Vasy plays out of his mind.

I wonder what Serg would bring back in a trade.

The Lightning couldn't move him for free if they wanted to. Almost no one has the cap space necessary to accommodate his contract

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Could be worse I guess

Oh absolutely.

Expectations are high, which is expected, but that's not always been the case with the team.

Even ignoring years where losing was common, they've been to 4 Cups and won 2 over the past 8 years.

In that same exact time the Oilers, with their first round draft picks aplenty and Connor McDavid for each season, have won nothing. No Cup appearances. No Cup wins.

The Leafs have been out of the first round once with all their talent.

It doesn't make what's happening now less frustrating, because as I said the expectations are high for the team and in recent memory success is all the team knows. But putting it in perspective it could easily be much worse.

Reactions: Hoek and Renopucker

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
6-6-4 is .50 P% though.
That is the first sign of fan panic. Trying to feel good about loser points.

Another looking back on past years performance . This provides no comfort to fans paying the bills today. Winning the cup is hard being competitive and entertaining is alway a focus. Roster managment is essential With the cap leveling the field. Playing games with the cap and spending in expectation of a cap increase a dangerous path. The roster has to many high salaries it’s not even a question if the player is worthy. It’s not the case this is the only team in thiS trouble. The problem is GM’s cause the problem . They are not held accountable most times until it’s too late .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad