Post-Game Talk: 11/14/17 | Canucks 3 @ Kings 2

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
But the rest of the forwards who never hit anyone, rarely ever score, don't skate well, float around, are immune to the press box?
Jake is one of the only forwards with that skill set. Other forwards do not have that ability. I agree he should not be sitting for Gaunce ever. We are a slow team Virtanen's skating is unique on our team that is Gaunce's worst skill. I do not look forward to Bredan plodding along for 16 minutes tonight, because he is a safe player. If we hard match Sutter vs Kopitar are we hoping our special teams outmatch the kings?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I never understood the whole idea that you can just get people excited by just trying to win with an old slow team.

Personally, it's fun high event hockey that is exciting and fun. Look at Vegas, they've adopted the style of opening the floodgates, and I bet they have better attendance then we, as they should.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
7:30 start so wierd. This year has had some wierd start times :shakehead

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I was kinda hoping the non-physicality was a team directive to focus on skating and skills and making plays and not to worry about the physical stuff as it can be re-integrated later.

Sadly not. A young player playing well and creating scoring chances is being benched because he isn't smashing guys enough.

I thought it was team directed as he has passed up a ton of hits. There is middle ground here. He should not be running around looking for hits but a few hits early will lead to turnovers later. At home it gets the fans involved. Sadly Sam Gagner is at times are most agressive forechecker. There is no reason why Jake should not be that guy most nights while still driving the play. He seems to respond to high expectations. Really he should be put on Sutter's line and on a pk unit. Will he really be that bad on the 25th and falling pk unit. He should be on it before Horvat, he is quicker with better cardio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad