Sedins and Eriksson on PP1 is about as backwords as you can get Willie 2.0

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Going back to the 3 forward 2 D PP with this lineup is dumb, figure it out

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Need to see something on special teams.

Need Nilsson to not let in a leaky goal in the first 5 minutes... ok, I'll downgrade my expectation to first minute.
(i'm souring on Markstrom)

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
So was I right about Green doesn't make veterans accountable after all?
I mean I expect to see the Sedins line get feed a shit tons of ice times while achieving nothing

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
duh, Eriksson is paid more therefore is way better than Virts
Good news is according to Jake interview it is because they want Jake finishing more checks. I am totally on board with that. He needs to be more physical especially early in games. He has not exploded on anyone this year though even though his regular checks are harder than they seem. We need some proactive physical players at home as right now we are an easy road game usually unless the other team initiates physically.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
So was I right about Green doesn't make veterans accountable after all?
I mean I expect to see the Sedins line get feed a **** tons of ice times while achieving nothing

I have to tell you the double standard irritates me to no end. Just read the Virtanen article by Kuzma. If Jake doesn't hit enough, doesn't do this or that, he sits out to learn. Never mind that he has not been close to the worst forward this season or that some of these veterans never hit, barely ever score, float around and never have to be accountable, never see the press box. All this on a 29th place team that should be playing young players.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Good news is according to Jake interview it is because they want Jake finishing more checks. I am totally on board with that. He needs to be more physical especially early in games. He has not exploded on anyone this year though even though his regular checks are harder than they seem. We need some proactive physical players at home as right now we are an easy road game usually unless the other team initiates physically.

But the rest of the forwards who never hit anyone, rarely ever score, don't skate well, float around, are immune to the press box?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Screw the hard hits and hard check
Jake actually creates offence this season, sucks that the Sedins are too slow to connect those passes

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Maybe I'll have to watch for the hits he is passing up. His line doesn't really play a style that leads to opportunities to finish opponents. Meanwhile also be the triggerman as the other two don't shoot.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I'd be more into the 3F 2D PP units if we had any dmen capable of shooting the puck. That's what's really killing the PP the last couple of years. No point shot to worry about.

And I'm guessing...3-1 Kings.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

I was kinda hoping the non-physicality was a team directive to focus on skating and skills and making plays and not to worry about the physical stuff as it can be re-integrated later.

Sadly not. A young player playing well and creating scoring chances is being benched because he isn't smashing guys enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad