Post-Game Talk: 11/14/17 | Canucks 3 @ Kings 2

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
A guy goes to public skate to work on his butterfly and suddenly his team wins! Yay! Glad to see that nilly bounced back. It will be interesting if the media runs with the "one bad" goal narrative with him too since he has let in some poor ones (check my GDT posts) in the last three games. I suspect not.

I do want to say that I watched the first period and have something to say. Look, Dorsett is a good soldier. But the absolute you-know-what licking he is getting from the media is out of hand. First of all, where was that fight in other games when we gave up a poor 1st goal? Second, even as a person who really enjoys watching a fight that fight had nothing to do with momentum swing in this game. They didn't pick it up until the 7 minute mark and gave up a goal before that. Also, this fits the same pattern of play they showed in other games and most recently in SJ, when Dorsett didn't fight.

Dorsett deserved all the praise in the world in that 6 game stretch but now that whole line has crashed back to earth. He has one point in 8 games. Credit where credit is due, when it is due. I don't know why it's so hard to say that he was decent for 5 games, phenomenal for 6 games, and now back to normal for the last 7.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Also, just watched the highlights. LOL at Quick, that is some serious disrespect for Sutter. He didn't even get set. For anyone with illusions about Sutter's goal scoring prowess, I don't think anything can speak louder than the actions of his peers in the league.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
It's fun spotting the other team a goal. It makes things interesting. It doesn't always work out, but it's entertaining.

Nilsson looked steady most of the game. He did some really solid work and deserves a few starts to see how it goes.

Sedins showed some stuff. This is good. I think the low minutes approach is working. They looked really fresh. Canucks have the most expensive third line ever but tonight they looked like a very expensive second line! It's awesome, for sure!

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
A guy goes to public skate to work on his butterfly and suddenly his team wins! Yay! Glad to see that nilly bounced back. It will be interesting if the media runs with the "one bad" goal narrative with him too since he has let in some poor ones (check my GDT posts) in the last three games. I suspect not.

I do want to say that I watched the first period and have something to say. Look, Dorsett is a good soldier. But the absolute you-know-what licking he is getting from the media is out of hand. First of all, where was that fight in other games when we gave up a poor 1st goal? Second, even as a person who really enjoys watching a fight that fight had nothing to do with momentum swing in this game. They didn't pick it up until the 7 minute mark and gave up a goal before that. Also, this fits the same pattern of play they showed in other games and most recently in SJ, when Dorsett didn't fight.

Dorsett deserved all the praise in the world in that 6 game stretch but now that whole line has crashed back to earth. He has one point in 8 games. Credit where credit is due, when it is due. I don't know why it's so hard to say that he was decent for 5 games, phenomenal for 6 games, and now back to normal for the last 7.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011

You might as well have copy and pasted that from any game when somebody on an NHL team fought.

Yes, fights can change momentum. Sometimes in the wrong direction.Usually the effect peters out and some work has been done to show this with analytics. This wasn't one of those times. It's ridiculous to assert that this fight somehow made a difference 20 minutes later after an intermission.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

It's quite hilarious really. The MSM can never just make the actual, correct takes. Some guys' raison d'etre is to just say whatever the opposite the "analytics" guys say.

Seriously. If the "watch the games" crowd actually watched the games, they'd see the Dorsett fight didn't do much. Yes he hustles and seems like a likable guy. Why do they need to make it more than that?

Reactions: mossey3535

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Nothing wrong with what Sutter did there. 1-on-1 shot situations might be his biggest strength, there was an opening there and he missed it by an inch or two.

Nice pass by Gaunce who is looking much better tonight after having his timing look way off in his first couple games.

"...looking much better tonight after having his timing look way off in his first couple games."

I guess you'd have to expect that . In his 5 game stint in Utica he wasn't exactly stapled to forwards known for their speed.

Game 1 - Left wing to Chaput and Rodin on the right (knee has set him back a couple steps for the time being)
Game 2 - Centered Hamilton/Bancks
Game 3 - Centered Bancks/MacEwen
Game 4 - Centered Rodin/MacEwen
Game 5 - Goldobin/Archi (Archi is faster than you were used to, but he isn't among the NHL's speed merchants and Goldobin's style doesn't usually involve blazing speed, but this looked like Cull realized that Brendan maybe needed to be better prepared for faster partners.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad