GDT: 11/11/13 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
is a new day im still in shock personally I can just imagine the guys on the ice.

Is simply mind blowing. I think will take some time but they showed fight still they had some positives I figured they would totally pack it in and shots would be like 40 to 18 and wasnt. Shows a lot of heart. I think the time out should have came when stamkos went down personally. I also get the power play we put marty at top cause hes been there. I think we will get hedman involved finally but wonder how much we have let him practice it even.

I dont get it with hedman has a heavy shot is one of faster guys on team. I dont get the no power play maybe he cant do it but I would like to see cause I believe he can very well.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Completely understandable at the time, however a part of me did wish that they could've rallied up in that game though, or at least someone whether it be Cooper, MSL, Thompson or any leader on the team try and light a fire under the team. Instead they kind of all sat in sorrow for the rest of the 1st period and completely gave up in the last half of the 3rd.

I disagree with a lot of that. The injury happened in the second period, and the Lightning had controlled most of that period until the injury. After the injury, there was about a 5 minute span where they were just in shock. Perhaps Cooper should have called a timeout. But after that, they started to get stronger again, and I would argue they carried the play for most of the 3rd period.

The powerplay performed poorly, but at 5-on-5, they were very good. Nate Thompson noticeably stepped up his game. He hit a post and was really gutting it out on the forecheck.

Tuukka Rask has a way of making very difficult saves look easy. He's kind of the anti-Lindback. The Bolts had a lot of scoring chances in the third, but Rask shut them down without breaking a sweat. But that's what he does.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
is a new day im still in shock personally I can just imagine the guys on the ice.

Is simply mind blowing. I think will take some time but they showed fight still they had some positives I figured they would totally pack it in and shots would be like 40 to 18 and wasnt. Shows a lot of heart. I think the time out should have came when stamkos went down personally. I also get the power play we put marty at top cause hes been there. I think we will get hedman involved finally but wonder how much we have let him practice it even.

I dont get it with hedman has a heavy shot is one of faster guys on team. I dont get the no power play maybe he cant do it but I would like to see cause I believe he can very well.

Hedman will have to get PP time now.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
Completely understandable at the time, however a part of me did wish that they could've rallied up in that game though, or at least someone whether it be Cooper, MSL, Thompson or any leader on the team try and light a fire under the team. Instead they kind of all sat in sorrow for the rest of the 1st period and completely gave up in the last half of the 3rd.

Thompson really came on strong imo so agree on that with DFC. Also disagree on the 3rd period if we get that call for boarding on marty we have a 3-5 for almost full two minutes with a little over 2 minutes in game etc.. I think that was key point. We actually did some good things on that power play and got cheated on a bad no call. Rask stood on his head though so never know but think we get one there we get one in final two minutes and tie at least.

I disagree with a lot of that. The injury happened in the second period, and the Lightning had controlled most of that period until the injury. After the injury, there was about a 5 minute span where they were just in shock. Perhaps Cooper should have called a timeout. But after that, they started to get stronger again, and I would argue they carried the play for most of the 3rd period.

The powerplay performed poorly, but at 5-on-5, they were very good. Nate Thompson noticeably stepped up his game. He hit a post and was really gutting it out on the forecheck.

Tuukka Rask has a way of making very difficult saves look easy. He's kind of the anti-Lindback. The Bolts had a lot of scoring chances in the third, but Rask shut them down without breaking a sweat. But that's what he does.

I think rask broke a sweat.

Will say this we got to get them down EARLY right off bat to beat them and rattle him rask that is or keep getting these results the longer he plays the stronger he plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad