GDT: 11/11/13 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Didn't think it was that bad, honestly St.louis has been getting pushed around tons lately and he's looked flatfooted ever since his blocked shot. Seidenberg even stopped to see if MSL was ok.

Oh, good on Seidenberg to stop and check to see how Marty was doing after boarding him. Classy guy

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The Good: Lindback and Filppula.
The Bad: What the hell is up with Marty? Also, giveaways (Boston's just that good I guess).
The Ugly: Stammer's injury and seeing him in so much pain. Get well soon #91!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So... after one game, we lost our best scorer for who knows how long. Our 2/3 defenseman, and our possibly our 7/8 defenseman (Aulie).

That means we're not going to be able to score and Mark Barberio is about to get some real-deal NHL experience.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Kind of sucks that he was having an MVP-like season and is now out. Really really sucks.

God... this sucks so bad.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The Good: Lindback and Filppula.
The Bad: What the hell is up with Marty? Also, giveaways (Boston's just that good I guess).
The Ugly: Stammer's injury and seeing him in so much pain. Get well soon #91!

I thought Filppula was average. He seemed to have some solid possession but he was either passing when he should shoot or holding it too long when he should move the puck. Agreed on Lindback though, didn't really cost us the game. Even made a few good saves.

Marty looks like either an injury is slowing him or age is. Time for him to shape up and get this team together.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
1370028777281.gif

Well... I like my version better tbh, but that's not a bad way to describe it either.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I thought Filppula was average. He seemed to have some solid possession but he was either passing when he should shoot or holding it too long when he should move the puck. Agreed on Lindback though, didn't really cost us the game. Even made a few good saves.

Marty looks like either an injury is slowing him or age is. Time for him to shape up and get this team together.

I think it would be impossible for Lindback to cost us a game in which the team didn't score. He was probably our best player today.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Just wanted to come round to say I hope Stamkos has a quick recovery-and that the injury isn't too serious.

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA
Hope Stammer recovers 100%. Aulie and Salo too.

Very VERY damaging game, potential to knock the season off course, big time.

Gut check time now.

Do we retreat to the cellar, or do we take the f-ing hill?

Good God I hate BOS. One day we are going to figure out these sons of *****es and curb stomp them. Karma is a mother ****er.

**** Sam Adams beer, it's back on my ban list (I loved the Latitude 48 IPA).

Last edited:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I think it would be impossible for Lindback to cost us a game in which the team didn't score. He was probably our best player today.

Right, wasn't the best choice of words. I meant in comparison to my expectation of how this game would go. Lindback was solid, not shutdown, but solid.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Right, wasn't the best choice of words. I meant in comparison to my expectation of how this game would go. Lindback was solid, not shutdown, but solid.

Yeah, I kind of figured. I'm probably just bitter over the Stammer situation. :p

Stammer, Salo, Aulie...

I think Boston just knocked us out of the playoffs.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Hope Stammer recovers 100%. Aulie and Salo too.

Very VERY damaging game, potential to knock the season off course, big time.

Gut check time now.

Do we retreat to the cellar, or do we take the f-ing hill?

Good God I hate BOS. One day we are going to figure out these sons of *****es and curb stomp them. Karma is a mother ****er.

**** Sam Adams beer, it's back on my ban list (I loved the Latitude 48 IPA).

Hold the fort, hope Stamkos comes back in a few months and make a run for the Cup. I love Stamkos... my favorite player and one of the best in the game, but there is more to a team than one player. We can survive this.

Edit: But god it hurts so bad...

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Hold the fort, hope Stamkos comes back in a few months and make a run for the Cup. I love Stamkos... my favorite player and one of the best in the game, but there is more to a team than one player. We can survive this.

This.

The team has a lot of balls, and now is the time to show it. This game is over, and it's time to focus on the remaining 65 games.

They have a story to write...will they write the one of great resilience and courage after losing their leading scorer and franchise centre? Or will they write the story of folding like a cheap suit because they can't overcome a big injury?

Hopefully it's the first one. Brutal injury, but this is a big turning point. Hopefully Cooper riles up the team, and we maintain our good form.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

It's pretty damaging though. Especially when you consider Marty hasn't been playing his A-game in a couple of weeks now, and Aulie and Salo going down means Barberio's getting a regular shift as of tomorrow. And it also means even MORE rookies in the lineup, since we'll need to call up a top-sixer. And the timing of it -- we're embarking on a huge cluster of games against tough teams.

Maybe I'm just still in a bit of shock over just how badly that went.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
It's a ****** draft. Bad time to tank. Go for the playoffs.

We as fans have been lucky with Stamkos. He's a warrior who never missed a game due to injury before. It sucks, but we'll have to roll with it. We're not going to get as much of him this season, but we've got 15 more with him wearing a lightning bolt on his sweater to enjoy.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It's a ****** draft. Bad time to tank. Go for the playoffs.

We as fans have been lucky with Stamkos. He's a warrior who never missed a game due to injury before. It sucks, but we'll have to roll with it. We're not going to get as much of him this season, but we've got 15 more with him wearing a lightning bolt on his sweater to enjoy.

This x1000000, seriously. Wtf do we want with more prospects, lets get some experience in for the young guys, last thing we want to do is develop a losing mentality/culture.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
This x1000000, seriously. Wtf do we want with more prospects, lets get some experience in for the young guys, last thing we want to do is develop a losing mentality/culture.

Agreed. We are 12-5 now. We have a little bit of wiggle room for the team to adjust and get their **** going. I don't want to tank, but it's up to the players to gut up and get going

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If this was next season I'd say tank for McDavid, this draft has some talent but nothing like him, he would make a deadly tandem with a healthy Stamkos.

Any decent UFA's out there?

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Welp, had to work all day. Come home to the DVR of the game and stopped watching when Stamkos broke his leg. Knew it the instant I saw it and read his lips while he was on the ice.

Felt sick to my stomach, deleted the rest of the game from the DVR. Come here to find out that Salo is probably out for a month as well.

Not too many teams have to figure out how to replace 100+ point players in their roster, particularly ones who've developed their game to be a 200' game. Bylsma had Malkin. Don't know what Cooper and the Bolts have.

Should prove "interesting".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad