Prospect Info: 102nd overall (4th round) Tobias Lindberg (RW) Djurgarden Jr.

member 248215

Not trying to hype the guy but I'm really encouraged by the fact that he was willing to come to Canada and play at the National level. Now he's ready to come play on the US National stage for the Senators farm team. Really hope he'll be signing autographs at the Sens Fan Fest I would love to meet him. Looking forward to see how he adjusts to the AHL. Bingo will be getting some quality guys this year, in my opinion.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Not trying to hype the guy but I'm really encouraged by the fact that he was willing to come to Canada and play at the National level. Now he's ready to come play on the US National stage for the Senators farm team. Really hope he'll be signing autographs at the Sens Fan Fest I would love to meet him. Looking forward to see how he adjusts to the AHL. Bingo will be getting some quality guys this year, in my opinion.

What is this supposed to mean?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He played for a Canadian junior team in a National championship (Mem. Cup).

National level is Olympics/WJC/WC etc.

He came over and got adjusted playing the North American style game in the CHL. It is a "National" title, but I don't think many really consider it a National level. Same goes for the AHL, it's certainly not considered a US National Stage, although I do understand what you are saying.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Lindgren looks like a guy that can slot in the 3rd line comfortably. If you think he will score more than 12-14 goal a season on a regular basis, you are likely over rating him.

IMO of course.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
3rd liner on a contender, fringe 2nd liner on a bottom 10 team. 15-20 goal guy. of course imo.

He has never had time to just stay in one league consistently so we don't know how well he would adapt to experience so the real answer is the sky is the limit with him. He is huge, and lightning fast, only downside is he is not physical. But he is so hard to throw of the puck because of his size, and combine that with him being a well above average skater makes him really dangerous. Having the bullet speed of Hoffman, Karlsson, Lindberg sprinkled into a team with skaters that are already fast on their own(Zib, Turris, Mac), is gonna make the senators a really fast and dangerous/furious team.

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Lindgren looks like a guy that can slot in the 3rd line comfortably. If you think he will score more than 12-14 goal a season on a regular basis, you are likely over rating him.

IMO of course.

Lindgren is a defensemen and got drafted by the Leafs. Good prospect indeed, would've loved to see the Sens draft him. Doubt he ever scores more than 12-14 goals because 15 is wayy to much for a defensemen.

member 248215

National level is Olympics/WJC/WC etc.

He came over and got adjusted playing the North American style game in the CHL. It is a "National" title, but I don't think many really consider it a National level. Same goes for the AHL, it's certainly not considered a US National Stage, although I do understand what you are saying.

OK well I apologize for failing the game of semantics I guess.

I just meant his willingness to follow the steps of Canadian prospects to improve his chances at making the NHL roster is very encouraging, that's all.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Lindgren is a defensemen and got drafted by the Leafs. Good prospect indeed, would've loved to see the Sens draft him. Doubt he ever scores more than 12-14 goals because 15 is wayy to much for a defensemen.

Hey, nobody was suppose to notice that :)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

IMO of course.

A 4th round pick turning into an NHL 3rd liner is a pretty good pick. Hopefully he (eventually) hits that level. :handclap:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Karlsson begs to differ. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad