Prospect Info: 102nd overall (4th round) Tobias Lindberg (RW) Djurgarden Jr.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
If this pick works out, then that Bishop trade is a home run, BM is all smiles. Love the size, that is all we know for now basically. I mean if he plays like Zbanejad like someone suggested here, and if skating and strength can catch up then that is pretty great pick.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
If this pick works out, then that Bishop trade is a home run, BM is all smiles. Love the size, that is all we know for now basically. I mean if he plays like Zbanejad like someone suggested here, and if skating and strength can catch up then that is pretty great pick.

as we all know, with the sens drafting, picks can often be the deciding factor in trades. (see vermette for leclaire and a 2nd (lehner))

TheOriginalSilf*

Best hidden potential. People consider it a weaker league but can contain some big talent.

It's where they found Karlsson, Lehner, Silfverberg and such.

Lindberg apparently had a very impressive u18 in his limited play.

Not Lehner. Lehner is a product of the Soo Sault Marie Greyhounds.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Speaking of lehner, i hope we get to see him play a ton of games next season.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This guy is nothing like Sorensen. Sorensen was picked because of his very raw potential offensively. He had really soft hands and amazing puck control. They were hoping that would translate well as he faced tougher competition.

I was really high on him. He is a guy who's development hit a bumpy road imo, was promised strong SEL minutes, and it just did not work then sent to lesser league and so on.

Lindberg is more built and tough competitor. A big frame, he uses it well, he attacks the net, he shots it well. This is where Zibanejad comparisons draw in. Also heard he is a strong skater.

With that being said, someone posted it on here and another scouting report said some scouts question his hockey sense. Then again, how many prospects have we drafted that started off like that and evolved their games.

I'll try to catch some live games and get back to ya'll about him.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Any update on Tobias?

He seemed to have much of the same season with 60 more PIMs. Also seemed to have down well in the playoffs with 2 goals in 4 games for 3 points.

But does anyone have anything beyond that?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Didn't improve much over last year. You could kinda tell with the raw ability and questioned IQ he had that this was possible outcome. Was considered project anyway so difficult to assess after one year.

Nealssens

Jun 5, 2013
Any OHL fans have any thoughts on his play this season? Numbers look good is he progressing or just benefiting from being an older kid and playing on a great team?

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
More like the latter.
He is doing OK, but he is not dominant in any way. Definitely worth giving a contract but he'll need to spend a few years in AHL.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Lock for Bingo next year?

Likely, but not a lock.

There's always the chance he gets offered full time minutes in the SEL next year and asks to develop over there. The whole reason he came over to play CHL this year was because he wasn't getting enough minutes playing in Europe.

It's an outside chance... it still looks far more likely that he plays for the B-Sens next year, but it's definitely not implausible.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
This guy is my pick for next year's Calder. We should trade him while his value has peaked because he will likely bust - I watched his highlights and his skills won't transfer. I don't even know what I'm saying.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
This guy is my pick for next year's Calder. We should trade him while his value has peaked because he will likely bust - I watched his highlights and his skills won't transfer. I don't even know what I'm saying.

Please tell us something we don't already know! ;)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I have high hopes for this guy, he has good size, excellent scoring skills & if he can put on a little more muscle he could be a very good pro player. Looking forward to seeing him in Bingo next season along with Paul & hopefully Lazar in the middle of those two.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I have high hopes for this guy, he has good size, excellent scoring skills & if he can put on a little more muscle he could be a very good pro player. Looking forward to seeing him in Bingo next season along with Paul & hopefully Lazar in the middle of those two.

That would be the dream scenario but 1 thing that is very positive about him and that we don't have much of is size AND speed...if he can keep filling out and continue to get quicker then he will have a legit shot at a bottom 6 role and then who knows if he will offer more?

Certainly exciting to see some our junior players blossom this year and add even more optimism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad