Post-Game Talk: 101 Points for our 101 year old team: 5-4 Leafs Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I suspect the Hockey Gods have the leafs on the better side of favor...

THEN...Islanders play dirty and hurt Matthews when they were within striking distance of the WC.

NOW...Islanders still play dirty, have the refs favor, and late in the third, a rebound goal from Matthews sinks the dagger to a team now nowhere near the Playoffs.

- May the hockey gods give the Refs a more clear and balanced eye when we are in the playoffs.

- More so... May the gods grant the leafs PP opportunities we have been denied so blatantly this season DURING the playoffs

*bows head & looks towards the heavens*

Ain't no rebound. That was tape to tape.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
His best take was: Bozak is the next Martin St. Louis. He loved Bozak for some reason.

I remember he was really active in the 2013 draft threads, and I was as well. He'd wax poetic about big two way centers for weeks but inexplicably hated Alex Barkov. His opinions were just maddeningly inconsistent at even superficial levels of analysis.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

IamruKusleaf

Mar 3, 2018
Maple Leaf Gardens
How? He was fantastic, had an assist, game winning goal to boot.

Good point
I was going to put him in the Good and I could for sure and now that you brought it to my attention agsin I’ll have to do a review
So upon further review I’ll overturn my call and call it “ GOOD “

But seriously
I was on the fence only because I guess I expect too much from him night in night out and I always try to be as objective as possible but it’s hard when your a die hard Leafer !
I just thought he was in and out a bit , but your comments are very good and therefore I’ve altered my grade , but still want more consistency in the future , it would be better for him with a real 1st line Left winger tho .
But to be very clear
Mathews is incredible no doubt about it
Cheers

Gooooo Flying wedge Leafs GOo

Last edited:

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
6th best record in the entire league. Starts playoffs on the road.

Idiotic.

They should re-seed 1 through 8 before the playoffs start.

It would look like this right now based on nhl.com:
1. Tampa
2. Boston
3. Toronto
4. Washington
5. Pittsburgh
6. Columbus
7. Philly
8. NJ

Matchups:
Tampa vs. NJ
Boston vs. Philly
Toronto vs. Columbus
Washington vs. Pittsburgh (lol poor Washington)

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
6th best record in the entire league. Starts playoffs on the road.

Idiotic.

Something definitely needs to be done about this at those GM meetings, seems like nothing good ever comes out of those so it would be nice if they went back to the 1-8 system, nothing was wrong with it whatsoever. Its almost as if Bettman decided to change it just for the sake of change, like he was bored or something.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Something definitely needs to be done about this at those GM meetings, seems like nothing good ever comes out of those so it would be nice if they went back to the 1-8 system, nothing was wrong with it whatsoever. Its almost as if Bettman decided to change it just for the sake of change, like he was bored or something.
Well all 30 owners agreed to the realignment too so...

IMO Keep the divisions as they are, but get rid of the wildcard and just do 1-8 with each division leader getting a 1-3 spot. Like say right now it would be:

1) TB* - 108 points
2) BOS - 107
3) WSH* - 99
4) TOR - 101
etc

* - Being their respective divisional leader

weems

Jul 3, 2008
2 years ago we finished dead last in the league.

Now, we're already at 101 points and have team that is just going to continue to grow.

Feels absolutely amazing man.

Early days but when you set out on a rebuild whats happened to us is close to best case scenario.

A winning team that has a elite young core, tons of young depth, lots of upcoming capspace and a franchise C.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
GARDINERLEF.jpg

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They should re-seed 1 through 8 before the playoffs start.

It would look like this right now based on nhl.com:
1. Tampa
2. Boston
3. Toronto
4. Washington
5. Pittsburgh
6. Columbus
7. Philly
8. NJ

Matchups:
Tampa vs. NJ
Boston vs. Philly
Toronto vs. Columbus
Washington vs. Pittsburgh (lol poor Washington)

We will be playing the Pens if they re-seeded. As Division winner will be the top 2 seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad