Post-Game Talk: 101 Points for our 101 year old team: 5-4 Leafs Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

pengdeng12

Feb 13, 2018
I was referring to Barzal. But yes Marner is headi g that way too. I just think Barzal is the more valuable player, given his poise hes shown in his first year, also his positiin as centre

just because he plays center does not make him more valuable automatically. The reason is that centers are generally defensively responsible which Barzal isn't.

Wingers aren't line drivers so they are viewed inferior but Marner drives his line as a winger.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
1Sm1ryS.jpg
I wish someone could Terrence and Phillip his head and have him laughing.

Reactions: IBeL13f

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Nylander is a special talent.
Sure there's moments where it looks like he might be dogging it but lets not stone this kid.
The last thing we need to do is scapegoat some amazing young talent.

No need to pit him against Marner.

We have all 3 amazing young players and that should be all.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
just because he plays center does not make him more valuable automatically. The reason is that centers are generally defensively responsible which Barzal isn't.

Wingers aren't line drivers so they are viewed inferior but Marner drives his line as a winger.

Its not unreasonable at all to consider barzal as the more preferable or better player going forward. Obviously its too early to state it as fact, its just my opinion based in my observation. People are frought with biases but im trying to be unbiased in this case. I wonder how a non leafs fan would compare barzal vs marner

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
you play the teams in your division more then anyone else in the regular season, why shouldn't you win your division first then win your conference and then the Cup?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
you play the teams in your division more then anyone else in the regular season, why shouldn't you win your division first then win your conference and then the Cup?

that's what i don't get.
like people wanna get all well our reward for being good is facing a good team on the road. well okay so next year, let's be consistent and win the division and we start at home. the road we'd hoe is tough so it doen't matter imo whatever format ppl want it would be a tough get.

Reactions: garce

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Some youngins here probably never seen the Leafs with 100+ points. So how does that feel? For me, this is only the 3rd season of seeing the Leafs with 100+ points. 01-02, 03-04, and this season.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
that's what i don't get.
like people wanna get all well our reward for being good is facing a good team on the road. well okay so next year, let's be consistent and win the division and we start at home. the road we'd hoe is tough so it doen't matter imo whatever format ppl want it would be a tough get.

Sure

Why wouldn't the #4 seed play the #3 seed away and the #5 seed play the #6 seed at home

Congratulations Boston/Tampa your reward for being one of the top 2 teams in the East is to play the #4 seed Leafs instead of the #6 seed

Don't you feel lucky that your so good you get a better team than Pittsburgh gets, **** the regular season and there meaningless points totals

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Tavares..sign with the Leafs man..be on a winning team.

Too costly.
Would be an albatross of a contract in its tail end. Would rather try to hit some out of the park with some homegrown players. Dont habe to be superstars but good players and thereby good team by committe

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
101 points from the young gunz! The kids have been amazing. Don't worry though, we still gonna call you out on your mistakes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad