Post-Game Talk: 101 Points for our 101 year old team: 5-4 Leafs Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He only has 10 career PP goals.

Laine has almost double that this year alone lol.

hahahaha that just blows your mind though when you think about it
eighty goals, and ten is on the powerplay like. that's insane.

Reactions: weems

weems

Jul 3, 2008
hahahaha that just blows your mind though when you think about it
eighty goals, and ten is on the powerplay like. that's insane.

I'd definitely rather have it this way considering the majority of the game is played 5v5.

Especially in the playoffs where refs put their whistles away.

When you factor in he only plays 18 minutes a night and ranks 213th in PP TOI/G, The amount of goals this kid scores is insane.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'd definitely rather have it this way considering the majority of the game is played 5v5.

Especially in the playoffs where refs put their whistles away.

When you factor in he only plays 18 minutes a night and ranks 213th in PP TOI/G, The amount of goals this kid scores is insane.

Oh i know. it bodes very well for us but still. you'd think it would be more 60/40 etc.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Andy did not look like himself but still good enough to beat a sad Islanders team. Was hoping that Matthews would score the winner to show JT what he has to look forward to if he signs here. Unfortunately he may have burned his bridges when he slammed Rielly into the boards and his ex-Knights teammates went after him :) Puzzled that Rielly picked himself up and immediately skated straight up ice instead of going after JT. If Kadri wasn't on the ice at the time, nobody would have gone after JT.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
TSN doesn't hate Toronto. Most of them group up outside of Toronto, so naturally their favourite team isn't Toronto. Jeff O'Neill is clearly a Maple Leafs fan. Not everyone has to love or like the leafs...

Also to be broadcaster you have to be impartial.
I was joking because the final 2 minutes of the game were blacked out for a bunch of folks on here who are living in Toronto.

Reactions: francis246

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Matthews plays almost as much PP as Kadri unit.
Lets please stop this rubbish that he is getting cheated out of PP minutes

Kadri's unit is historically good, and has two members who wont be on it next year. It stands to reason that Matthews being injected onto it next season will improve his PP goal totals.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Matthews plays almost as much PP as Kadri unit.
Lets please stop this rubbish that he is getting cheated out of PP minutes

Heres a big subtle difference.

Even tho they might have PP minutes in the same vacinity, the #1 unit ALWAYS starts with a faceoff in the offensive zone while a second unit only usually comes on after the first minute or more has passed and the puck has been exited out of the other teams end. Thus they have to make another succesfull zone entry and set things up while a simple faceoff win by the first unit gets them instant zone time.

I would also love to see stats of what percentage teams score on the PP in the second minute and with the second unit. I bet its suprisingly low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->