Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Wait and see.

A lot hinges on the Duchene trade. I admire the "go for it" moxy. It had to happen at some point. If we have a number 1 Center now then I'd give him an A. If we unloaded Turris and futures for a glorified Dzingel then drop it to an F.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'll give him a B thus far, he's made some ? decisions (Dahlen for Burrows) but has done some good things as well such as not giving up Brown, Chabot or White for Duchene.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Wait and see.

A lot hinges on the Duchene trade. I admire the "go for it" moxy. It had to happen at some point. If we have a number 1 Center now then I'd give him an A. If we unloaded Turris and futures for a glorified Dzingel then drop it to an F.

If Duchene is a glorified Dzingel, I’m arfraid to ask about Turris.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You guys want to rate a gm after 100 games? It takes years for a gms impact to take hold, way too early.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I disagree @Micklebot.

Dorion turned the team around REAAAAL FAST last year by putting his stamp on it. Dorion got players at the trade deadline that made an impact. Dorion got a REAL COACH.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
There are a number of players on this team that I would rather not be on the team, Whether that is PDs fault or GBs fault is somewhat unclear or both, but I also think we have to wait to see what happens this yr. Too soon to tell after a lucky run by Condon last yr.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I disagree @Micklebot.

Dorion turned the team around REAAAAL FAST last year by putting his stamp on it. Dorion got players at the trade deadline that made an impact. Dorion got a REAL COACH.
Boucher is just a guy. He's nothing special. Just another blow hard coach who rides his veterans and doesn't make adjustments and wants players to adapt to his style rather than him adjust to their style. He's a dime a dozen type of coach. There's tons of these guys out there.

Reactions: Chezzz

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Boucher is just a guy. He's nothing special. Just another blow hard coach who rides his veterans and doesn't make adjustments and wants players to adapt to his style rather than him adjust to their style. He's a dime a dozen type of coach. There's tons of these guys out there.

in 4 nhl seasons hes got two flawed teams to round 3 of the playoffs.

Boucher gets results. He might have a short shelf life, but he gets results and his system can make bad teams competitive.

Reactions: Back in Black

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I disagree @Micklebot.

burrows? hes our worst forward easily and getting outplayed by guys like tom pyatt and chris dido.

those two prove its stupid easy to find effective bottom six players.

Reactions: Back in Black

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Zibanejad is ripping it up as new York 1st line centre against toughest competition and he is only 23. This was a terrible trade for the sens.

I gave him a D because he oversells ever trade he makes and he is so transparent when he spins things and his trades tend to suck

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I wonder if he ever would have become that player here.

We'll never know.
No he would have shrunk 3 inches and lost 20 lbs and lost his hard shot and forgot how to skate if he'd stayed here.
I think if he'd stayed here he was going to turn 28 next yr too. But in New York he stays young.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Part of having to be a GM with an extremely chincy owner means you need to worry about money.

Unfortunately for us, that obviously played a big part in the Zib - Brassard exchange.

We need to accept that as long as we have this owner, with this budget, we won't be winning many trades as money is at the forefront. We will always have to give/concede something in trades to accommodate financials. Which is terrible.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Part of having to be a GM with an extremely chincy owner means you need to worry about money.

Unfortunately for us, that obviously played a big part in the Zib - Brassard exchange.

We need to accept that as long as we have this owner, with this budget, we won't be winning many trades as money is at the forefront. We will always have to give/concede something in trades to accommodate financials. Which is terrible.

I agree with your point but zibanjad signed 5 years for 2 million more than Brassard. That's insignificant in the overall budget

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I agree with your point but zibanjad signed 5 years for 2 million more than Brassard. That's insignificant in the overall budget

Look past this season. Where is this team in 2019?

Karlsson ~12 million
Stone ~7 million
Ceci ~4.5 million
Ryan -7.25 million
Phaneuf - 7 million
Duchene ~6.5 million
Hoffman - 5.2

That's 50ish million for 7 players.

Brassard comes off the books this season. I would think the plan would be to let Brassard walk and hope for an ELC to come through.

Dorian has to look at things in 2 years time, with Karlsson and Stone making a combined 8-9ish million more than they do right now.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Different situation.

If he puts up PPG for the season clearly it was not a good trade.

He's on his way, I'll say that for him.

Even if Zibanejad tops as a 50 point player it's a horrible trade.

Brassard is 6 years older and can only produce with Stone/Zucc.

Zibanejad was a better player at the time and also had potential. And if he hits potential, it's not merely a bad trade. It's one of the worst trades we've ever made.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Zibanejad was a better player at the time and also had potential. And if he hits potential, it's not merely a bad trade. It's one of the worst trades we've ever made.

I think a lot depends on Ottawa's performance in the playoffs over the next two seasons.

That's partly why Brassard was acquired.

Was Iginla for Nieuwendyk a terrible trade for Dallas?

If the gamble fails, I'll be the first to agree that it didn't pan out.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

At this point, none of our forwards can produce consistently without Stone. It's getting ridiculous.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Well said, and he is too stubborn to change too. Lets see how he faces adversity this time and how and if he adapts. In Tampa, he stuck to his guns and we all know where that got him (Switzerland).

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Look past this season. Where is this team in 2019?

Karlsson ~12 million
Stone ~7 million
Ceci ~4.5 million
Ryan -7.25 million
Phaneuf - 7 million
Duchene ~6.5 million
Hoffman - 5.2

That's 50ish million for 7 players.

Brassard comes off the books this season. I would think the plan would be to let Brassard walk and hope for an ELC to come through.

Dorian has to look at things in 2 years time, with Karlsson and Stone making a combined 8-9ish million more than they do right now.

I'm sure Dorian had some say in the Phaneuf and Ryan deals. So it doesn't really absolve management in saying that they had to make a Zibanejad trade. Furthermore, you sell on him high.

We've just had terrible management for a while and having Karlsson disillusions people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad