GDT: 10/9/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Washington vs Tampa Bay

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
5-2 loss.

Ovechkin hat trick.

Post game comments:

"We should have covered Ovechkin, cause you know, he's got a pretty good shot, but we didn't cover him. We left Vast out to dry and didn't help him either. We shouldn't have allowed them to have 635 shots in the first two periods. We've gotta be better and we know that. We will try harder next practice."

Cooper on teams effort:

"Well I think anytime you come up against a goalie named Braden he's gonna be Vezina caliber. The calls didn't help us either when I lost the challenge and forgot I could only challenge once a game. I don't think the 786 to 12 shot total told the entire story either. The boys played their game and tried. We can be better, just give us til March and you'll see."

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I don't give a shit about their "we have to be better" talk anymore. We've heard enough of it to know it doesn't mean anything because it hardly ever translates to the ice.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Kuch double shifts with Killer-Johnson, we might be onto something.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
MrT.gif

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is the first time I've ever made a bet against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

If we win, I might have to continue.

Can't say that wasn't smart. I've already got Crown Royal and Sprite ready to go. I have a feeling I'm gonna need it and possibly more than the 8 shots I already have poured into it. I knew a 2:1 soda to alcohol ratio wouldn't be enough and I'm wondering if I need to go even higher than I already have.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can't say that wasn't smart. I've already got Crown Royal and Sprite ready to go. I have a feeling I'm gonna need it and possibly more than the 8 shots I already have poured into it. I knew a 2:1 soda to alcohol ratio wouldn't be enough and I'm wondering if I need to go even higher than I already have.

Take 1 shot for every 5 Washington puts on goal. That'll keep it entertaining at least.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I'm fairly optimistic about this one. Bragging rights are at stake among the Russian nationals, so I'd wager we'll see some inspired hockey.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
On a more serious note, I feel like we're gonna struggle with penalties tonight, again, and Ovi is going to carve us up. Again.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The Leafs remind me of what we used to be. Sloppy, but lethal.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Take 1 shot for every 5 Washington puts on goal. That'll keep it entertaining at least.

I don't know if I'm gonna push it that far. But if we turn in another stinker I may jut have to. Putting in this much effort to remain patient with Jon Cooper for this long is wearing me out. I've had serious questions about the mental makeup of our team for so long that I' trying NOT to pull a "Joe Maddon" on him like I did for so many years with Maddon himself. Once I eventually accepted he was a great manager that drove you crazy my life as a baseball fan was tenfold easier.

I wish I could say the same about Coop

*chug chug chug*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad