GDT: 10/28/13 - Chicago @ Minnesota - 7:00 PM CDT - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
It was a pretty terrible game. I mean everybody knew the Hawks were going to come out fast, but the Wild had no answers.

Parise and Koivu need to be split up. They were complete non factors again. Fontaine isn't doing much either now that he's cooled off. Granlund and Pominville look great together. What a shot by 29.

Strongly think the Wild need to go with:

Parise - Granlund - Pominville
Nino - Koivu - Coyle
Cooke - Brodziak - Mitchell
Heatley - Konopka - Fontaine

Also think the team badly misses Brodin. Breakouts are struggling. Dumba should probably go back to juniors. He might learn and grow this year but I think he doesn't take a step forward until next year regardless.

Backstrom didn't look good. He seems to have dropped off quite a bit the last couple years.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

Nino - Koivu - Coyle

Decent lines. I wouldn't mind swapping Mitchell and Fontaine, though. Mitchell's speedy and can forecheck, but Fontaine adds more of a scoring touch, IMO.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I wouldn't say Parise has been our best forward. It's hard to say who has. Parise and Cooke were great the first few games. Granlund and Pominville have been great the last few games. Nobody has really stood out favorably throughout the entire season.

But I don't think that has anything to do with his statement.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
Parise has not been our best forward. He should definetly get some time on a line that Mikko doesn´t center tho.

THEALLKNOWING*

I'm okay with Russo calling out Koivu but what about Parise? He didn't look much better than Koivu out there imo.

For being the highest paid player of the team, Parise is a disappointment. Looking speedy, trying to stuff the puck in from behind the net, and scoring all your goals on the doorstep is impressive? Second in the league in shots, yet he's not even the highest goal scorer on the team?

I am sick of Parise getting a free pass. Everyone blames Mikko for Zach's woes, but perhaps Parise is to blame, not Mikko. Break them up, and move Zach to the 3 line.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
It was a pretty terrible game. I mean everybody knew the Hawks were going to come out fast, but the Wild had no answers.

Parise and Koivu need to be split up. They were complete non factors again. Fontaine isn't doing much either now that he's cooled off. Granlund and Pominville look great together. What a shot by 29.

Nino - Koivu - Coyle

Also think the team badly misses Brodin. Breakouts are struggling. Dumba should probably go back to juniors. He might learn and grow this year but I think he doesn't take a step forward until next year regardless.

Backstrom didn't look good. He seems to have dropped off quite a bit the last couple years.

I like the lines.

Was at the game and you can definitely tell they wanted a break. Said it before the game on Sunday and yesterday morning, the D cannot sustain 2 of the Top 4 being out of commission right now. Too many minutes for guys to do on a nightly basis. I don't fault them in the least. And TBH, outside of Koivu sucking last night...most of the glaring errors that led to goals were by the Defense doing something stupid.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
For being the highest paid player of the team, Parise is a disappointment. Looking speedy, trying to stuff the puck in from behind the net, and scoring all your goals on the doorstep is impressive? Second in the league in shots, yet he's not even the highest goal scorer on the team?

I am sick of Parise getting a free pass. Everyone blames Mikko for Zach's woes, but perhaps Parise is to blame, not Mikko. Break them up, and move Zach to the 3 line.

No..

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009

Nino - Koivu - Coyle
This 10x.

Put 1st line out when you need to score. Put 2nd line out when you need to tired out the opposing defense. Put 3rd line out when you need to shut-down. Put 4th line out when the other three need to rest.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I did not think it was classy for Q to put out his top line with 2 minutes left in a 5 to 1 game. I also did not think Chicago should have targeted Backstrom in the way they did. I think the proper response would have been to run Crawford in the 3rd in retaliation. I also think Stoner had the right idea to lay someone out towards the end of an out of reach game. In a tight division you get your licks in when you can and make a team pay for beating you. Hockey is not meant to be played completely clean and I have no problem with it as the Wild have been on the wrong end far to often. Anyway, I'm not a coach so it's just my opinion.

Bees_Sign_Twit.png

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
At least 2 of the Blackhawk goals yesterday could have been avoided if our guys could have just got the puck out of the zone (Mitchell and Koivu).

One thing i noticed that i liked is that Yeo seemed to have a quicker leash on that first PP unit.

please be back soon Brodin (and Ballard to a little lesser extent)

Granlund- Guy gets better every game. So fun to watch. We need to get him more PP time

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Doesn't matter how you score. A goal is a goal.

J22*

Two possible scenarios here:

1) you haven't watched the games, and you're wrong
2) you have watched the games, and you're wrong

Koivu has outplayed Parise in more games than not this year.

OpRedDawn*

sweet, next game is on fs+ so i can't watch it

thanks a lot t-wolves :rant:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
still boggled...how can anyone be surprised that Parise takes a ton of shots and gets most of his goals off rebounds or machine gun whacks at the puck? why on earth do people insist a different center is going to somehow increase Parise's production? This is how he's always played.

i agree with BigT that this one was on our D. whether they were doing something stupid or just not doing something fast enough they looked so off. i don't know if it was more obvious live or what, but the D were like a bunch of dolphins getting their brains scrambled by sonar.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
not going to post it but there was a canadian guy streaming Wild games that has an excellent HD stream, so if you just HDMI your computer to your big screen you should be fine for the game. probably Montreal's broadcast. (edit: his site was posted a while back if you want to search)

Jarick

Doing Nothing
still boggled...how can anyone be surprised that Parise takes a ton of shots and gets most of his goals off rebounds or machine gun whacks at the puck? why on earth do people insist a different center is going to somehow increase Parise's production? This is how he's always played.

If Parise plays with a center who shoots the puck, he might actually get rebounds. Or with a center who can skate, he might get some shots on the rush.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
If Parise plays with a center who shoots the puck, he might actually get rebounds. Or with a center who can skate, he might get some shots on the rush.

He's getting as many as he usually does. Nothing is broke. He's on pace for 37 goals right now with what people are considering a slow start.

Last edited:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
So what's the scoop with Dumba guys? I need to know for my fantasy league. Thanks!

Billy Mays Here*

So what's the scoop with Dumba guys? I need to know for my fantasy league. Thanks!

We're not entirely sure yet. He might be getting sent back to juniors, or he may not. With Ballard and Brodin both coming back soon, you can bet he won't be getting anywhere near the ice time though, and probably will be sitting for a couple games after his underwhelming performance against the Hawks.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
who didn't have an underwhelming performance against the hawks though? i'd hate for that to be the decider. his play has been up and down so far but still overall, minus that game, good enough to stay IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad