GDT: 10/28/13 - Chicago @ Minnesota - 7:00 PM CDT - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

Storylines for the Game

jonas-brodin-puck-to-face.png

Even this early in the season the Minnesota Wild have been hit hard by injuries. Losing important players like Jonas Brodin, Charlie Coyle, and Keith Ballard for extended periods of time, as well as having Josh Harding and Niklas Backstrom battling towards 100% health, the Wild have to step up their game in order to find success.

Patrick+Kane+Minnesota+Wild+v+Chicago+Blackhawks+DEaph8eE46Cl.jpg

Even though he is the leading scorer on the team, Patrick Kane has created a small rift in the Chicago Blackhawks fandom already this season. apparently weak defensively, Kane is already off to a rough start with a -9. Playing away from Toews on the second line, Kane is being relied on to carry his line to success.

1758466-max931x556.jpg

After playing most of the season without a scoring second line, Mikael Granlund and Jason Pominville hooked up for two beautiful goals last game against Chicago. The second line, as well as all secondary scoring on the team, is going to have to keep it up if the Wild want to continue to win.

Crawford.jpg

As goaltender of the Chicago Blackhawks, Corey Crawford has been average so far this season. After his stellar run at the end of the regular season last year as well as the playoffs, Chicago needs their 'tender to be better.

dm_131026_nhl_wild_blackhawks.jpg

Mikko Koivu and Jason Pominville have had less-than-stellar campaigns so far this season. Koivu, tied for second on the team in points, has thus far failed to convert some of his scoring chances into goals and has often opted to pass rather than shoot. Pominville, after signing a large and lengthy extension, had been lackluster until last game, where he scored two goals. Both players need to reach another level if this team wants to still aim for the playoffs.

Lineups

Minnesota Wild
hi-res-166514443-zach-parise-jason-pominville-and-mikko-koivu-of-the_crop_exact.jpg

6-3-3 | 15p
29gf | 26ga
4-0-2 at Home
Third place in the Central Division

Leading Scorers

Parise.jpg

Zach Parise
12GP | 6g | 3a | 9p | +3 | 6PIM

940x.jpg

Mikko Koivu
12GP | 1g | 7a | 8p | +4 | 8PIM

20131024__131025wildcooke.jpg

Matt Cooke
12GP | 3g | 5a | 8p | +6 | 6PIM

img24143667.jpg

Niklas Backstrom is getting the start
4 GS | 1-0-2| 2.99AA |.885SV%

Parise - Koivu - Fontaine
Nino - Granlund - Pominville
Cooke - Brodziak - Heatley
Veilleux - Konopka - Mitchell

*Pairings subject to change*
Suter - Spurgeon
Scandella - Prosser
Stoner - Dumba

Backstrom
Harding

Chicago Blackhawks
blackhawks.jpg

6-2-3 | 15p
34gf | 32ga
2-1-1 on the Road
Second Place in the Central Division

Leading Scorers

940x.jpg5

Patrick Kane
11GP | 6g | 3a | 9p | -9 | 4PIM

chi_i_jonathan-toews_mb_600.jpg

Jonathan Toews
11GP | 4g | 4a | 8p | -2 | 12PIM

940x.jpg

Marian Hossa
11GP | 4g | 2a | 6p | +5 | 4PIM

USATSI_7501255_149008644_lowres.jpg

Corey Crawford should get the start
9GS | 5-2-2 | 2.37GAA | .908SV%

Sharp - Toews - Hossa
Saad - Pirri - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Morin
Bollig - Kruger - Mills/Smith

Keith - Seabrook
Oduya - Hjalmarsson
Leddy - Rozsival

Crawford
Khabibulin

163485802_slide.jpg

team_of_18_000_by_autumnsteinmetz-d2xvxok.jpg

Last edited:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Tyratoku GDT? Wild win.

In all seriousness though, it will be a difficult game. We need to be better in all aspects in order to win second in a row, especially defensively. Bäcks was stellar last time, we'll see if he can keep that up.

I'm thinking OT.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Two points would be huge for the confidence of this team. Eight point swing vs. CHI, I can taste it! Also add that after this game the team gets a mini break and will likely be fully healthy after the break. This game is a key piece to the puzzle of this season.

I want to see everyone at the X tonight spinning those rally towels with passion!

Oh btw, I just bought two tickets for next Thursdays game in D.C!

Last edited:

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Need to do a better job of controlling the play this go-around. Not to mention limiting quality looks from the Blackhawks. The 4th line needs to get back to how they were playing an not be a liability like the were last game against the Chicago 3rd/4th lines.

If they can do all or some of that, they have a great shot at another win. Probably will have to a weather an early storm from Chicago.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Hoping for big things from our top 6 and Bäckström.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
#mnwild on ice for morning skate. Appears to be same lineup. Harding will back up Backstrom pic.twitter.com/vMgHuiqvgT

per @mnwild

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I EXPECT Yeo to fire these guys up for tonight and tell them to get out there and PROVE that the last game was not just mere luck of a fluke.

Chicago's going to come out pissed and so should the mother****ing Wild team.

We were way too sloppy, especially in our end last game, and if weren't for Backs, we would have gotten our ***** handed to us.

I seriously doubt Chicago looks as sloppy as they did last game, this game, but we didn't have our best game either. I hope they shore it up this game and look like they can - maintain possession like they have shown they can, are aggressive, make smart plays, don't shoot the ****ing puck into each others skates (saw that way too many times last game), get that ********* Kane to be a -12 after this game. Koivu needs to be more active in scoring this game as well.

We can win this **** and give the finger to the Hawks in the process.

ewoksonhoth

Lolorado
Jul 4, 2012
One Great City!
This is the do or die game. If the Wild can take this one, it'll be a huge boost of confidence not only for the guys on the ice, but those coming back soon. If they can take the Hawks without Coyle's forechecking, and Bacon and Ballard on the back end then they should be able to compete with just about anyone with them back.

Grumplestiltskin gets his first tonight and it'll be a snipe. Book it.

GORGO

Dec 10, 2011
BABBITT, MN
Hawks 4-Christmas Trees 1.. Hawks laid down Saturday Night.. Wont happen tonight.
Still not convinced yet the Wild can play with the quality team's on a consistent basis...Prove me wrong Yeosie..

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Wild win 3-2 OT.

Stoner, Dumba, Grindandsnipe with an OT winner

Toews x 2

Go Wild and so on!

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
Hawks 4-Christmas Trees 1.. Hawks laid down Saturday Night.. Wont happen tonight.
Still not convinced yet the Wild can play with the quality team's on a consistent basis...Prove me wrong Yeosie..

We are playing in whites. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad