GDT: 10/24/13 - Carolina @ Minnesota - 7:00 PM CDT - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

countrygentleman

The Kaptain Says ARR
Jan 14, 2010
Minnesota
Passing up too many shots is a valid gripe with Koivu, but i couldnt help but notice that you left out the point that he made a perfect pass to Parise that should've been a tap in.

On that play? I recall Parise being tied up out front, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly. But if you ever wonder why Koivu has 3 goals in 30 games, look to this play. That play is not one where you pass it. You've gotta shoot that. It is costing this team sorely needed goals. Make the goalie make a save immediately on your shot instead of forcing your team to make a second play on the pass before a shot. That's what we saw there. We couldn't connect on the pass. Easiest save you'll ever make is one where you don't have to do anything. At least make the goalie make a save. That was my gripe on Koivu's partial breakaway where he missed the net by two feet. Just please make the goalie make a save.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
HDZ and tyra are doing all the GDTs from now on

ruxin37bzy4.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fletcher has to move Heatley now that his trade value is high.

Nino good. Granlund good. Parise good. Cooke good. Mitchell good. Koivu good...why he no like to shoot? Stoner good. Spurgy good.

J22*

On that play? I recall Parise being tied up out front, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly. But if you ever wonder why Koivu has 3 goals in 30 games, look to this play. That play is not one where you pass it. You've gotta shoot that. It is costing this team sorely needed goals. Make the goalie make a save immediately on your shot instead of forcing your team to make a second play on the pass before a shot. That's what we saw there. We couldn't connect on the pass. Easiest save you'll ever make is one where you don't have to do anything. At least make the goalie make a save. That was my gripe on Koivu's partial breakaway where he missed the net by two feet. Just please make the goalie make a save.

Watch it again. The goalie is already square to the puck and above the crease when Koivu gets the pass, Parise is all alone on the back door. Like I said, Koivu does need to shoot more, but he isnt the guy to blame for that play not ending up as a goal.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Watch it again. The goalie is already square to the puck and above the crease when Koivu gets the pass, Parise is all alone on the back door. Like I said, Koivu does need to shoot more, but he isnt the guy to blame for that play not ending up as a goal.

By all alone do you mean being wrapped up by #27? And just because the goalie is square to the puck doesn't mean he can't score. Heatley is to blame for them not scoring that goal. its sarcasm people. sarcasm. Clearly yeo's fault

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Yeo never has info on injuries during his press conferences. Either he's lying or he needs to talk to the trainers first. Give us something!

I've criticized Scandy and Spurg a ton as it was deserved. But they both have made some strong plays the last two games. Keep it up!

Cool to see Cooke get the puck to Heater. Thank goodness he hit the target.

Shoot the damn puck, Koivu! But he did kick butt in the faceoff circle.

Ugly game, but it's 2 points. Hoping Hards is okay.

OpRedDawn*

I like how we dont have injury updates for 2-3 days

yet Ward gets a 3-4 minutes after he's hurt

smh

J22*

By all alone do you mean being wrapped up by #27? And just because the goalie is square to the puck doesn't mean he can't score. Heatley is to blame for them not scoring that goal. its sarcasm people. sarcasm. Clearly yeo's fault

If you actually went back and looked at the play and then came up with this response? Um yeah, no words

OpRedDawn*

To be fair it's probably something really obvious with Ward and something that requires monitoring with Harding.

well i mean in general. Our org is overly stingy about stuff like that

Billy Mays Here*

Got released from work early again today and went to the game.

The only player I thought had a bad game was Koivu. Had two chances to shoot the puck and didn't, and had two horrific passes. Granlund is by far the better playmaker right now, though the Kaptain is still doing pretty well in the face-off department.

Players that I thought were kinda invisible tonight (but didn't play bad) are Prosser, Brodziak, Fontaine, Konopka and Veilleux.

Heatley wasn't actually that bad tonight, had a couple decent chances.

Parise was Parise, Granlund and Nino were good, Suter was Suter, Scandella actually played fairly well, and Mitchell was by far the stand-out on the fourth line.

Not a bad game overall, though that second period was somewhat painful to watch.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
well i mean in general. Our org is overly stingy about stuff like that

I know. But I think it's a good policy at least with players who may continue playing. That said it would be really nice if they'd just say "X player is going to be out for Y weeks/months with Z injury"

J22*

But he was being wrapped up and Koivu could have taken the shot. Don't really see the problem....

The problem is that while Koivu has his flaws and deserves his share of criticism, blaming him for creating a tap in goal that Parise absolutely kicked is ridiculous and borderline moronic.

As far as Parise being wrapped up? the puck is already in the corner before Faulk gets there.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
The problem is that while Koivu has his flaws and deserves his share of criticism, blaming him for creating a tap in goal that Parise absolutely kicked is ridiculous and borderline moronic.

As far as Parise being wrapped up? the puck is already in the corner before Faulk gets there.

I never said any of the first part so completely omit that from your argument. And that stick that was in front of Parise's before he was wrapped up was just a figment of my imagination. Gotcha

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Anybody else find Murphy odd? Looked horribly injured, then comes back out and is perfectly fine.

Last edited:

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Anybody else find Murphy odd? Looked horribly injured, then comes back out and is perfectly fine. Hmmm

Ya. I find it really strange he limped around for a minute after getting hit in the back of the leg where there isn't protection by a 90 mph slap shot. Somethings fishy. Must have been faking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad